Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I remember once many years ago sitting at a large organisational related fancy lunch or perhaps dinner in a yacht club ish sort of dinner place eating my surf & turf and thinking "I can't make conversation with any of these people". It's hard to even nod along the hierarchy as they talk about their large unspecified event sailing ship experiences last year and how they plan to do this year and oh wouldn't you know the troubles etc.

Much happier eating in a dive bar where my boots stick to the floor and the toilet walls have untouched graffiti from inception.

Anyway thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The bourgeois are not human.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

wtf i never knew those Schumers were related

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Wrex Ruckus posted:

wtf i never knew those Schumers were related
all famous people with the same last name are related, and a lot of those without the same last name too

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Amy Schumer being just awful makes so much more sense now

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/mossadil/status/1734627338791370819?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I don't mean anything in particular by this but I can't help but notice a lot of the official or official related social media X posts on the IDF side (at least the ones posted to this thread) seem have roughly the same number of upvotes or likes and roughly 5k seems the norm. I don't know enough about social media to comment on the amounts or ratios but what happened to all the bot farms for managing media impressions? Did they go with the change of ownership?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://apnews.com/article/iowa-summer-ebt-food-assistance-0e878c5c0fc9dd0dd55622cb22a82561

quote:

Iowa will not participate this summer in a federal program that gives $40 per month to each child in a low-income family to help with food costs while school is out, state officials have announced.

“An EBT card does nothing to promote nutrition at a time when childhood obesity has become an epidemic,” Iowa Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds said

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
To be fair to the potato-people $40 will be just barely enough to get a single bag of chips by next summer

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
It's obviously lovely of Iowa, but seriously, $40 a month? Like, a dollar a day? What an insultingly pathetic amount.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

cmndstab posted:

It's obviously lovely of Iowa, but seriously, $40 a month? Like, a dollar a day? What an insultingly pathetic amount.

Not even enough for rice and pasta.

You might hit calorie requirements with raw flour.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/highbrow_nobrow/status/1738602346702057942?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

It's Christmas' eve bro.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol, amazing

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Is she suggesting it's better for kids to starve because they're fat

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

The Oldest Man posted:

Seems so

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Starvation builds character.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Biplane posted:

Starvation builds character.

I hate that this is their line of thinking. Challenges build character.

Trauma fucks you up.

They deliberately ignore the very important difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Also if you gently caress up your slaves enough when they're kids, they are way easier to control and abuse as adult slaves. It's a win win.