Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Evil prevailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my team's quarterback died in a bowl game and i think next season should just be canceled

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

roll drat tide

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Emron posted:

Evil prevailed.

Hard to argue they didn't belong in the playoffs after proving they were the best team all along.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
thank you so much for this thread title

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Just when I was feeling sorry for Georgia ESPN shoved that clip of the Florida Tennessee game in and I remembered that all teams deserve to suffer and Alabama will eventually pay for going against the natural order of things.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Thank God uga didn't win. Just about the only time I'll root for Bama, but it was a great game and my most hated team lost.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Emron posted:

Evil prevailed.

Hail Saben!

Also let me be the first to say that 2018-2019, Texas is Back!!!!!

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Bring back the BCS

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Thread title

https://twitter.com/CharlieDaniels/status/950570886192447488

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Just when I was feeling sorry for Georgia ESPN shoved that clip of the Florida Tennessee game in and I remembered that all teams deserve to suffer and Alabama will eventually pay for going against the natural order of things.

I’m pretty sure Alabama will never be bad again. At this post I’d give up a kidney for 5 years straight of Alabama-free playoffs.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

blugu64 posted:

Hail Saben!

Also let me be the first to say that 2018-2019, Texas is Back!!!!!

A&M is forever rear end, my dudes.

e: Yoinking so it's on the front.

iospace fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 10, 2018

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Realtalk though, I used to get so pissed off in NCAA 15 when I would call a cover 2 defense at the end of the half/game and the opposing team would always complete a hail mary for a touchdown.... I guess the game just understood football better than I did :shobon:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Take heart TFF- Saban will not live forever, and if we're lucky some of us may even live to see him retire

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

memorializing the high point of the 2017 college football season on the first page

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
college football sucks rear end

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Early Cuyler is so disappointed he's gonna kneecap Kirby when he gets off the plane.

(I was legit sad UGA lost because I know they'd have done some Squidbillies stuff about it and I love that show).

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crotch Bat posted:

Early Cuyler is so disappointed he's gonna kneecap Kirby when he gets off the plane.

(I was legit sad UGA lost because I know they'd have done some Squidbillies stuff about it and I love that show).

I agree, that would've made a loss easier to take

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

General Dog posted:

Take heart TFF- Saban will not live forever, and if we're lucky some of us may even live to see him retire

Yeah but then they’ll probably just hire Smart or some other protege back and continue their run.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i am not a georgia fan but my dad is a huge one and i’m bummed for my dad

gently caress you georgia for making my dad sad

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SourKraut posted:

Yeah but then they’ll probably just hire Smart or some other protege back and continue their run.

They’ll probably still be good after Saban but literally nobody they hire will match his run.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I have UGA friends that are putting this loss squarely on the refs and it’s just so sad.

Like yeah there were two calls that I can specifically think of that maybe could have been a no call/called the other way but they didn’t make/break the game. Bama went on a 20-3 run with a freshman QB that UGA had prepared exactly 0% for and got beat.

I dont know why blaming it on the refs is somehow preferable.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

I have UGA friends that are putting this loss squarely on the refs and it’s just so sad.

Like yeah there were two calls that I can specifically think of that maybe could have been a no call/called the other way but they didn’t make/break the game. Bama went on a 20-3 run with a freshman QB that UGA had prepared exactly 0% for and got beat.

the reffing in the early 3rd quarter did do a lot to help alabama get back into it, but its not as if UGA didn't have plenty of opportunities after that

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

UGA fans blaming refs is kind of a trend. There were some egregiously bad calls in that game, but it’s not really the refs fault that outside of one broken play, UGA basically stopped moving the ball entirely in the second half.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’ll probably still be good after Saban but literally nobody they hire will match his run.

It could happen (see: Harbaugh to Shaw)

Not like it matters since we probably have 15-20 more years of Saban. Maybe by that time CTE will be such an issue we just won’t have college football. Probably for the best.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah, Alabama had a couple pretty egregious no-calls go its way, but UGA got really conservative in the second half and it destroyed them.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

G-Hawk posted:

memorializing the high point of the 2017 college football season on the first page

Thats not mayfield crying. :colbert:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bradley Bozeman, an OL for Bama, proposed to his gf after the game. She said yes, which, obviously

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SourKraut posted:

Not like it matters since we probably have 15-20 more years of Saban. Maybe by that time CTE will be such an issue we just won’t have college football. Probably for the best.

Going from one consistently good coach to another is not the same as having two back to back coaches who are literally the greatest coaches ever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm glad the consolation game was good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

As a fan of a team that just gave up a 21-3 lead a couple of days ago in an absolutely horribly officiated game (much, much worse than anything I saw tonight imo) I don't know if it's preferable, but goddamn is it tempting to complain about things.

Obligatory the refs aren't the reason the Chiefs lost statement goes here.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SourKraut posted:

He's 66 years old

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Emron posted:

Bradley Bozeman, an OL for Bama, proposed to his gf after the game. She said yes, which, obviously

this makes me wonder if a uga player was planning on doing the same thing but didn’t because they lost

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm in an abusive relationship with sports.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

sudo rm -rf posted:

this makes me wonder if a uga player was planning on doing the same thing but didn’t because they lost

Best not to think about the few tens upon thousands of times a marriage proposal was skipped because of a fan/player's team losing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's 66 years old

Bill Snyder will finally make it into the playoffs when he's 103 only to lose to a young, spry 91 year old Nick Saban.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's 66 years old

Now sure how this precludes 20 more years of Saban? The man literally lives football. He'll pull a Paterno when he retires.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You mean a Bear Bryant.

• Locked thread