Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

“That’s not a cigar... and it’s not mine.”

Edit: I swear it was 420 when I posted

GlobglogGroAbgalab fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

loving lol, Jesus Christ

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Mostly From Sugar Packets has some good stuff:

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

This one hits the mark so loving well.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

drat that's too much to take in at once.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Flannelette posted:

drat that's too much to take in at once.

I'm just glad the sad Seymour ending gets retconned in a later meme

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just want to bring up an early Simpsons joke I only just now got, the opening to Last Exit to Springfield has MENDOZAAAAAAAAAAA in a McBain film proudly exclaim that his creation, Swank, is 10 times more addictive than marijuana.

Well, he tried and that's what counts.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Phanatic posted:

Ahahahahaha

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Phanatic posted:

This could probably go a few more scenes dragging the joke out, considering that a) the school bus ends up at the bottom of the ocean and b) Nelson arms himself and terrorizes Bart. There's way more to mine too, as Bart promising monkey butlers could certainly develop into jokes about serfdom.

Anyone want to storyboard the entire Model UN / Lord of the Flies episode to tell the tale of the Russo-Japanese war and Russian Revolution of 1905?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

"How many fleets will we lose?"
"Well one at first, but we'll send more."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1257330474067861505

fcc compliant bob
Jan 15, 2006

The must un-fantastic avitar on the forum (guranteed!)
Are you guys up to no good with forums sliding. It's a rhetorical question.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

holttho posted:

If any of you are interested in the beginnings of the Simpsons, how it got started, what world existed that allowed it to flourish, and just how the show got made, I strongly recommended The Simpsons: An Uncensored, Unauthorized History by John Ortved. It is an exceptional read about the first decade of the show.

Tracy Ullman being super bitter about the Simpsons because she thought that they sabotaged her show; and not the fact that it was an overly-cerebral sketch show that America just didn't care about. It regularly had over an hour downtime between sketches because there was so much makeup, costumes, and set breakdown, that the audience on set would understandably get bored and wander off - and word got out quick the only reason to go was to see all the Simpsons shorts they fed to them between skits. Something that was true of the broadcast version of the show as well. Of course, she claimed it sabotaged her only after it was settled in court that no, she does not get any sort of money on the back end from the Simpsons.

James L Brooks slowly forcing Sam Simon out because the episode where Mr. Burns needs rare blood from Bart is a 1-to-1 retelling of what happened happened with Brooks' illness. (including the company memo from Smithers/Richard Sakai saying 'you should be so lucky to have your blood in someone so important')

Matt Groening being a writers room pariah because he would only barely participate in writing, layout, and general production of episodes, but would unapologetically take full credit for every step of the process in the hundreds of interviews he did, then fight to make sure no one but him got merchandising checks.

It's really good.

Started this book because of this post and it's great. James L Brooks, at the height of simpsons mania and a literal gazillionaire, accosted a African American guy selling bootleg bart toys in New York while screaming "YOURE STEALING FOOD FROM MY KIDS MOUTHS"

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 4, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Brooks really is the basis for Mr. Burns, isn't he?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I know I said I was done but I saw that headline this morning and come on.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

You know what, if I see some guy walking down the street wearing an Otto hat, you better drat well believe I'm going to read and agree with his t-shirt.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

My hat is Otto, my shirt it reads motto

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

On LCD screens a switched on lamp uses less electricity so make sure you switch them all on.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

spaceblancmange posted:

My hat is Otto, my shirt it reads motto

I appreciated this

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Flannelette posted:

On LCD screens a switched on lamp uses less electricity so make sure you switch them all on.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

someone tell me this was intentional, so I can cling to hope for the human race

:pusheen:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

The Sausages posted:

Well that's the joke, so it's pretty obviously intentional.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

The Sausages posted:

You want the full story of this meme? Gather round my son.

I posted the correctly-spelled version on Facebook. About 10 minutes later I thought "I should have misspelled it, that would have been funnier". Then this exchange took place

Then I posted the funnier version here.

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Flannelette posted:

Modern LCDs use an array of LED backlights and selectively dim dark areas of the screen, so increasing brightness in one area will cause the backlight to get brighter, and that effect far outweighs any reduction in power consumption from switching the filters to dark.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/PrayForPatrick/...r%3D783%23pti21

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Bobstar posted:

You want the full story of this meme? Gather round my son.

I posted the correctly-spelled version on Facebook. About 10 minutes later I thought "I should have misspelled it, that would have been funnier". Then this exchange took place

Then I posted the funnier version here.

Endut! Hoch Hech!

close enough, thankyou

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

...drat it, why is it always the meme thread :smith:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:sbahj:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

:smith:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Fuuuck. Lmao.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This page is all over the loving map, from Ogdenville to North Haverbrook.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

:confused:...... piers morgan died?