Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011
Aster, the Maestro D'
Cool 0 | Hard 1 | Hot 2 | Sharp 1 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience 0/5 | 2-barter | 0-armor

And she was having SUCH a pleasant evening, too.

This could hardly be called Aster's first run in with the twins, though finding them bothering Parcher was new. She turned them away some nights; they were too free with that hosed up brain poo poo, doing things in HER establishment, getting close to her patrons in a way that gave her the heebies. She was fairly sure they'd never tried anything on herself or her crew, but would she have known if they did? The uncertainty made her lips twist in disgust.

"Queen Moh, is it? Well if that ain't something. A request from royalty." She glanced at Parcher, offering an apologetic glance... she wasn't about to start anything just yet, not with that SMG in view and Roach's Queen being named. "Not sure I rightly see why she'd send you two scurrying along, but sure sounds awful official."

Aster stepped forward, hands in her pockets, trying to physically put herself between Tum Tum and what supplies they hadn't yet made off with.

"If it's Queen Moh, you won't mind little ole me heading out to ask her about it, mm? She'll know what this is all about, won't be telling me you were throwing around her name to get a little candy on the sly...?"

Frankly, it seemed too risky to bluff about; regardless of Tum Tum's answer, it seemed she'd need to visit the Glee Club and find out why they were robbing HER suppliers. Maybe not Queen Moh herself, but there'd surely be someone willing to talk.

@Aster: 2d6+1 read a person = (2+2)+1 = 5
Aster's trying to figure out if Tum Tum is telling the truth.

The Maestro D' posted:

Name: Aster
Look: Ambiguous, Vintage Wear, Pretty Face, Cool Eyes, Fat Body, Precise Hands

Stats:
Cool 0
Hard 1
Hot 2
Sharp 1
Weird -1

Moves:
You call this hot?: When you try to do something under fire, roll+hot instead of roll+cool
Fingers in every pie: Put out the word that you want a thing—could be a person, could be somethin somethin, could even be just a thing—and roll+hot. On a 10+, it shows up in your establishment for you, like magic. On a 7-9, well, your people make an effort and everybody wants to please you and close is close, right? On a miss, it shows up in your establishment for you with strings wicked attached.

Gear:
One half a pair of tailor's scissors (2-harm hand)
Vintage fur coat and fashion (0-armor)
Oddments worth barter-2

Maestro D' Special: If you hook another character up—with sex, with food, with somethin somethin, whatever—it counts as having sex with them.

Establishment: Solitary

Main Attraction: Drugs
Side Attractions: Luxury food, drinks

Atmosphere: Intimacy, fresh fruit, forgetting, perfume

Security: Everybody's packing and a warren of dead-ends, hideaways, and boltholes

TheAlmightyJ fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011
Aster, the Maestro D'

Aster's frown deepened, arms crossed at the way Tum Tum laughed... it would've been much easier to chase them off if they'd been there on false pretenses; if Queen Moh really was involved then that meant she'd have more questions to ask.

She didn't have time to plan what they'd be, as Tum met her eyes and the world started to dim. Faintly, she felt nauseous, her stomach churning though she only had a brief flicker of understanding before her thoughts were lost in memory. Solitary was a fine establishment and she did a drat fine job running it, but she tended to push down the poo poo she'd done to keep it that way. One thing in particular stood out... a real shame, one she'd not questioned herself over in some time... letting a pretty faced merc with too many guns bleed out on the other side of her door.

She could've helped... it wasn't good business, but she could've, and she didn't. Wasn't even a body there, the next day.

gently caress it, she's not going to start anything with Tum Tum, not if they're pulling THAT poo poo. Soon as Aster had her wits back around her she stumbled out of the way, not even bothering to try and make some kind of conciliatory motion towards Parcher. No use in picking fights now.

"Just get on your ways already an' let us good working folk get b-back to business."

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011
Aster, the Maestro D'

Aster let out a slow, deep breath and stood herself a little straighter, carefully adjusting her tie and coat before slicking back her hair. Composure. Professional.

gently caress.

"That's mighty fine, Parcher, and a real good job as always, I'm sure. I'll make it stretch; ain't the only time lil ol' Aster's had to deal with a little hardship." She turned to him and offered her best customer service smile, "Now, you just focus on keeping your side of things running smooth as silk and you leave handling the rest to your pal. Take the evening off; you drop by later, I'll get you the best we got, on the house, how's that sound?"

Hopefully it'd be enough to placate the man, even if only for a little. She needed time... to compose herself, plan what she was going to do, make sure what little drugs she had got back to Solitary and the crew knew to cut it and make it last.

With a sweeping bow, she'd make her way out, back down towards Solitary.

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011
Aster, the Maestro D'

She'd barely made it back through the winding halls to Solitary and already more trouble; the leader of the Glee Club herself, right there at a prime table. Well, that decided what she had to do next, didn't it?

Aster swept to the back, carefully fixing her hair and clothes before grabbing a tray, soon striding back onto the floor with a composed smile and a tray of drinks to approach Roach's table.

"Well, well, well...! I hope you'll be pardoning lil ol' Aster for bothering you all, but if it ain't rare what I see you around here, Roach." She smiled at the three, one at a time, then dipped into a bow, holding out her tray... they wouldn't be FANCY but they were hard and smelled sweet, and hopefully that'd do. "Thought it'd be mighty fine to show my appreciation for the pa-tron-age with a lil something on the house, perhaps? For you and your little entourage..."

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011
Aster, the Maestro D'

Aster smiled sweet as the honey drenched desserts that headlined her menu.

HR wasn't a bad sort by any means... reasonable, easy to talk to, bit less likely to cause trouble for her or her people. He'd certainly be the one she'd be happiest to deal with at the table, tonight. She'd offer him a little wink and bow to the three of them, again, keeping up appearances.

"Why, you know it wasn't no trouble... now I know all my drinks are awful nice, but here's hoping these suit your tastes, mm?" She turned to Roach, her smile growing a touch chillier to match the woman's glare. "Oh, you know... up and down, ain't it always? Solitary makes do and so does Aster... no matter what trouble comes my way. And I sure hope things down at your little club ain't going too badly now? Hmm? Nothing what might be going and causing a fuss for us little folk just trying to make our ways?"

TheAlmightyJ fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 20, 2018

• Locked thread