Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (Love is Like After the Rain)
Akira Tachibana(17) used to be the ace of a track club, but gave up running due to her injury. Masami Kondo(45) is a manager at a family restaurant called Garden, where Akira works. This story is set in a seaside town, and depicts a girl who stopped at a cross-point in her youth, and a man who reached a turning point of life. Everybody wants that moment where they get fraught with great emotions.

MAL / ANN
Watch it on Amazon

The manga was nominated for the 9th Manga Taisho Award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

quote:

Akira Tachibana is a soft-spoken high school student who used to be a part of the track and field club but, due to an injury, she is no longer able to run as fast as she once could. Working part-time at a family restaurant as a recourse, she finds herself inexplicably falling in love with her manager, a divorced 45-year-old man with a young son.

Despite the age gap, Akira wholeheartedly embraces his mannerisms and kind nature, which is seen as spinelessness by the other employees, and little by little, the two begin to understand each other. Although unable to explain why exactly she is attracted to him, Akira believes that a concrete reason is not needed to truly love someone. On a rainy day, she decides to finally tell her manager about how she feels... but just how will he react?

:chloe:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go ahead and get it all out of your systems

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the manager is very cute and i understand her crushing on him

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They look EXACTLY like the Patlabor characters and that won't stop weirding me out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
who doesn't want to confess to captain goto?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think the girl looks much like kanuka, though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

do I need to finish the patlabor simul to watch this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Motto posted:

u do if u want to watch this without droyer destroying u

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

You should regardless

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I like the manga and I liked the first episode. Character designs are really nostalgic and A+

OP is good and the manager is moe.

I wish Tachibana would dress like this though

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Everything Burrito posted:

Go ahead and get it all out of your systems

I mean, I am curious just how much rain it takes to fill a 28 year age gap

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i hear this has a huge wage gap. why doesn't the girl get paid equally? is the manager really worth that much more?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CAPITALISM

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aurora posted:

i hear this has a huge wage gap. why doesn't the girl get paid equally? is the manager really worth that much more?

he's a man so...yes

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Aurora posted:

lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ok finally watched the episode and that was great :3:

really captured the slightly melancholy feeling of the early part of the manga, which contrasts nicely with what a goof Kondo can be and awkwardness of their interactions. that imagery of the broken hurdle early on and all the focus on Akira's ankles leading up to the reveal of her injury was really well-done.

Kondo's dad-magic trick :3: :3: :3:

e: : also I appreciated that it didn't slip any fanservice in right at the end with akira undressing, I mean I guess seeing a hint of bra strap could be fanservicey and she was undressing but imo it stayed tasteful which is in keeping with the manga; seinen manga with a big focus on high school girls can go unpleasantly skeevy and this one never has so I'm glad the show seems to be holding to that

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 12, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Is this het Miss Sunflower?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also the manager is hot

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

Also the manager is hot

:yeah:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

whether this show plays the romance straight, or turns it into a teaching moment thing for Tachibana, or it goes off the rails melodrama i am in it for the sparkly hair closeups

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Update: the cook is also hot and I'm in the mood for some oyaji BL make the doujin

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Also the manager is hot

:hai:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I wanted to like the manga more than I did, but the pacing and feel just kinda didn't rub me the right way. I only read the first two or three chapters, so I might try again.

The production on this, though, is so AMAZING. I don't know how I feel about the age gap but Akira and Captain Goto are portrayed with a lot of white space in terms of her train of thought. It allows us as viewers to try to understand them as people, they just feel more human-ish. Lots of loaded gazes from Akira.

So good.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i wish more of the manga was translated

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

How many chapters behind are we anyway

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Terper posted:

How many chapters behind are we anyway

i think like 3 volumes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just think, in September you can start over from volume 1 with the official release :v:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
In the theoretical doujin the cook is the v pushy but secretly needy top and the manager jokes about not having his stamina a lot

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

First episode was pretty cute and the MC was very sparkly. Though I do hope it starts being less sad soon...

DisDisDis posted:

the manager is hot
:agreed:

DisDisDis posted:

the cook is also hot
:agreed: x2

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Kondo's uncertain little 'Come on, come on' dance when he's taking Tachibana to the clinic is pretty great

A good episode, both our mains were very charming

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

this man not knowing what a pedicure is :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't know the difference between a pedicure and manicure until just now, thanks anime.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sindai posted:

I didn't know the difference between a pedicure and manicure until just now, thanks anime.
what the heck

Kondo is a treasure and must be protected

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's already been said but this show is so dang pretty

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I enjoy this manga and the show seems to capture the feel.

Age gaps like this usually turn me off completely, but there's something benign about the manager's characterisation that makes this seem ok.

I love how weird Tachibana is.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm still iffy on the age gap but it's definitely a good show.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
After the Rain manga won a thing
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-22/the-promised-neverland-after-the-rain-more-win-63rd-shogakukan-manga-awards/.126788

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Got around to the second episode. Tachibana is too adorable and Kongo is too much of a goofball to hate anything about this show. It's sort of like Ancient Magus Bride where the premise keeps you questioning it even though there isn't much to complain about in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

:3:

• Locked thread