Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I started the month out breaking my budget to pick up some productivity apps of dubious usefulness (not still using them). I then did a worse thing and hoped this thread would go quietly into the good night. No such luck.
I spent about $175 on a year of Photoshop CS.
After that I felt real bad about myself and stopped tracking and made some dumb small purchases. I reconciled today.

Chequing: $231.34
Credit card: -$584.17
I just made a credit card payment of my net for February ($318.18)

I have gotten basically nowhere with reducing my debt. I froze the card, but I make a lot of impulse purchases online and I can't make myself forget my card info.
I might owe Bell $1000, which no one mentioned in the multiple conversations we had about cancelling the contract. I am and idiot.

In good news: I got accepted to the university transfer program. Not enough of the business courses were going to transfer over to be worth my time, so I switched where I was applying. I start a condensed English 100 in May.

back on the horse, TVVO. Any way you can refund or wring some value out of those apps? or cancel photoshop? might be worth calling adobe or something, especially because $200 is such a huge part of your budget and goals. Regardless, though, everybody slips in their budget sometimes. hang in there and make march good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I'm off the hook for the $1000! I was really nervous about that and didn't want to do it because I thought I understood what had happened, but I was wrong.
It was just that I ported my number before they got the phone back and then they didn't know where to point the credit for the returned phone to. It should be worked out by the end of the week.

my man.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Return or resell anything you can. You haven’t gotten the coat tailored yet, right?

Can you like, PM a cam performer and explain that you have a ton of tokens (and I mean a ton) you bought on accident and give her all of them for a PayPal kickback?

Or just dispute it with your bank, gently caress. Get yourself banned from chaturbate. That’s probably GWM.

Your budget is way too tight for poo poo like this, which you know, and you are heading for disaster (which you also know, but convince yourself isn’t the truth. We’re reminding you.)

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you are a strong candidate for debit card in the freezer

He tried it on page 1 with a glass jar. I won’t spoil the ending but it’s what you think.

Spokes fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 30, 2018

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

hey tvvo-- you need to get a hold of your budget at some point. nobody here is going to insult you because it took you one more month to get on track. your credit card debt is under a thousand dollars. it's a lot to you (and me) but there's people who would give anything to be in that spot. it's never too late to start, or get back on track, or start over. you have great credit and once you handle your debt you can just buy poo poo every month, but you need to buckle down for a couple months. I know it sucks to have done something stupid financially and worry that you'll post about it in your thread and get roasted for it, but we all really do want to see you succeed, and that's the bottom line. You're 24, and if you don't fix it you're going to be 34 or 44 in the same spot. consider that.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

So make a plan for this month. You’re not in serious trouble yet but you’re getting there. Even if it’s just what you’re going to do over the next 20 days it’s better than nothing. Put it in ynab and do your best to follow it

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hey, TVVO -- was thinking about your situation this morning for some reason. How'd May finish up? Now would be a good time to put together a June budget!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Do you have any interest in turning things around?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

post your current financial situation and your budget for the rest of november. You said "added a grand of debt", this is more than doubling the debt listed on page 1!

it's cool that you're looking for work and I'm sure you'll succeed given enough time and effort.

You mentioned modern MtG-- if you have a modern deck right now, you have to sell it. Sorry, I don't make the rules. You need to stem the bleeding.

and stop (spending money on) vaping, what the gently caress? and stop using your credit card, period, whatever's required for that.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I don't really frequent SA Mart, so when I stopped getting posts to my thread I wasn't sure if I should reboot or bump, or if I had captured all the market I could at those prices.
right, but surely you can read the rules or something and find out if it's okay. $20 or $40 or $60 here or there is not going to save you because you have this wild tendency to just drop $500+ on something as soon as you want it. There's no amount of extra money you can make that can prevent that, you gotta just... stop doing it.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Back to liquidating cardboard. Do I get to try to sell it slowly or do I have to just buylist the whole thing?

sell it playset-by-playset on ebay. what do you have to sell?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Ponza. I've been on it for probably two years, so I have the current 75 plus the cards from older builds.

i know blood moon's gone down over the last couple years, but that should still be worth $500ish right? you're a quarter of the way there! stop using your credit card! i can't say this enough. you're definitely capable of getting out of this hole but you have to stop spending money, especially huge amounts of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hello, TVVO, how's liquidating your cardboard going? Are you anticipating Boxing Day. (i really have no idea what happens in canada 99% of the time, sorry)

Did you buy a new jacket, or camgirl tokens recently?