Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Billzasilver posted:

oh btw for comics I picked penguin and everyone else should too

Just lol if you didn't put down Von Doom. You KNOW Trump would kill Paul Ryan for scoffing at his army of Tump Bots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the most donald trump-like comic book character is obviously donald trump himself from doonesbury

I legit put this down and was worried my answer was going to be considered invalid.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pancakes posted:

I'm not going to lie, your entry really toes the line on shooting the moon in good faith. You weren't the only one to pick Trump from Doonesbury and that's fair game in my opinion (Bill the Cat post-brain transplant from Bloom County would also work). Your King of the Hill entry seemed iffier to me. Enough of your entries were funny enough that I think they should probably count for shooting the moon, though. If it's close I may put it to a blind vote in the thread.

E: Or maybe count them as lobbying and give the "shoot the moon" award to another poster. We'll see how it all shakes out, we've got a few days to go.

I wasn't thinking Doonesbury, or any specific instance of Trump. I just went "There's no way he hasn't appeared in comics before" and wrote it down.
AND HOW DARE YOU, SIR! All my answers are in good faith and honest and true! Any goon who disagrees with me is simply uninformed of what the correct answer was!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BrianBoitano posted:

14. Which current world leader is most likely to invite Trump to their birthday party?

I hope nobody is missing the obvious answer

:smugdon:

His birthday is in June. He's not going to last that long.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pancakes posted:

The questions that have produced the fewest points are Questions 8 & 15, comic book characters and dogs. Each has only produced 5 points total across all entries.

And yet one of these is the only question you've confirmed I have points for! I am the most esoteric sheep.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pancakes posted:

My arbitrary choice for the last hat is: Hoot the Owl, because that was my favorite overall entry and they had some fun in the thread.
:boom:

quote:

Again, congratulations to all the winners and thanks everyone for playing! Winners, please either PM or email me where you want me to ship your hats. I've got work and two doctor's appointments tomorrow, but if anyone wants further information about the results or the final standings please let me know and I'll try to post more. I'll plan on shipping out the hats to everyone shortly, probably on Saturday.

I would totally want to see more results/breakdowns. Past sheep games had some build ups by revealing all the answers.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pancakes posted:

And in a separate post, answer popularity for select questions. Other questions to follow, I mostly just don't want to hunt down the Tweet links tonight and want to have some content to go along with the Tweets later on. I'll probably get at least most of the remaining stats done tomorrow.

1. Who is the best pre-Trump US President?
7 posters said FDR
5 posters said Trump
3 posters said William Henry Harrison
3 posters said LBJ
2 posters said Taft
2 posters said Millard Filmore
2 posters said Lincoln
Benjamin Harrison, George Bush, John Tyler, William McKinley, Bill Clinton, James Monroe, Teddy Roosevelt, Barack Obama, Jefferson Davis, George Washington, the President from "24" and Ed Balls all received one vote.
This is fun because I put down a chareracture of Obama, which you lumped in with Obama, and still got zero points.

quote:

3. Who is the best justice currently sitting on the Supreme Court of the United States as of 1/12/2018?
15 people said RBG
5 people said Gorsuch
3 people said Breyer
3 people said Thomas
3 people said Sotomayor
2 people said Kagan
Alito, Kennedy, Zombie Scalia and Ed Balls all received one vote.
Everyone, myself included, forgot about Roberts.

I didn't vote for Alito! I voted for the Labradoodle playing Alito!

I actually said he was a poodle

HootTheOwl has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
No fans of The Young Pope?

• Locked thread