Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

My answers were boring as poo poo and in a normal sheep game I'd have a shot but dealing with cspam means I'll be shocked if any answer has 2+ responses

Yeah, I also tried to give legit answers, but who knows.

Anyway, about popes!

When you talk about the early ones it's hard to separate reality from rumor-mongering and propaganda. Please consider Pope John XXII, who had a relatively short reign of less than five years but still accomplished a lot!
  • He helped Jews escape persecution in World War II!
  • He kicked off the Second Vatican Council, which continues to infuriate hard-liners to this day!
  • As part of that, he helped ensure that masses could be done in languages other than Latin, helping to spread the faith to non-traditional regions!
  • He was a champion of social services, saying things like ""Man has the right to live. He has the right to bodily integrity and to the means necessary for the proper development of life, particularly food, clothing, shelter, medical care, rest, and, finally, the necessary social services. In consequence, he has the right to be looked after in the event of ill health; disability stemming from his work; widowhood; old age; enforced unemployment; or whenever through no fault of his own he is deprived of the means of livelihood" and being ignored by most nations!
  • He actually tried to mediate the Cuban Missle Crisis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sundae posted:

Yeah, seriously. Which Pope is best? "Um... the one supposedly picked by the loving son of god, duh?"

He was just in the right place at the right time.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
gently caress yes. I shall wear it with pride. :3:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Chief Justice WHO?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I had actually considered Celestine but figured no one would remember him. (He was last in the news when Benedict retired.)

As it stands no one really remembered the one I picked either. But Vatican II was very important!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It is much harder to take a horse mask piss tape hat selfie than I expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

El Mero Mero posted:

So, we need 5 more folks to order piss tape hats for the order to process, do I have that right?

If you're getting together another order, one thing you might want to do is give the text a thin black outline.

As it stands the white text is hard to distinguish from the yellow background at a distance or in low-light conditions. A black outline should help it pop a little.

• Locked thread