Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ernest is a national treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

moller posted:

I'm pretty sure he developed and owned the character and it wasn't part of any larger franchise or IP or whatever which is fairly unprecedented. This is I suppose why he could do local commercials in character when the milk council of upstate new york or whatever could never afford to use a muppet or what have you.

It was a good character. A loveable janitor with an 9" uncut dick. An absolute hammer.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

there's little I wouldn't give to see a film called Ernest Starts A Union

At walmart

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

My best friend made me watch this when we were teenagers and it was like a PPV thing for $4 and I punched him in the thigh after it was over and he admitted it was bad

So if you want to risk a brutal thigh punch come at me

Imagine you are twelve though. Also dude not cool

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

How is insanely owning another person's leg with a death blow until they submit to your subjective criticism of an Ernest film not cool?

If someone punched me because i showed them a movie they did not like the favour would be repaid tenfold on their head

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Rimshot the dog was a good boy

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Junk posted:

I have no memory of this movie existing, but that "whose flatulence is the perfume of the night" line seems all too familiar.

I just did a bit of research and it was a direct to video deal. I don't remember ernest goes to africa or Ernest joins the army because at that point i was watching more age appropriate movies

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

That's Paul Reubens

I like when he was trapped with the hillbilly and his comely daughters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I did not even know he did advertisements and know Ernest exclusively from his eponymous filmography and the short lived yet well received 'Hey Vern'

• Locked thread