Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

WWE decided to rap up the US title tournament last night as no one cares

Also they probably remembered even with it being 6 hours, there wasn't much room for it in the Rumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The unedited footage of Braun flipping the truck is far more impressive as it actually looks like he's flipping a truck with his bare hands. The 101 cuts just makes it look like a bad episode of Buffy where they're trying to shoot around the monsters rubber mask looking like poo poo.

I do not understand WWE'S over reliance on cuts at the point of impact. Surely what wrestling has over every other action show is that you don't need camera tricks for the fights.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The most important thing about this clip is Dirty Andy Dalton as a security guard

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Apparently no wants 205 Live to be a success as a touring brand as it is extra work for people behind the scenes:

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/953633984059203584

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hoss Corncave posted:

Wasn't that on Smackdown?

Yep!

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
RAW should have ended with Braun getting put down by a bunch of police officers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GB888 posted:

RAW should have ended with Braun getting put down by a bunch of police officers.

RAW should have ended with Braun getting driven to the police station, and 10 seconds later, a shot of the entire station being flipped over.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hoss Corncave posted:

Wasn't that on Smackdown?

According to WWE's youtube channel, it was Raw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUw_ZIDOK30

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jinder wrestled for like 50 minutes of those two hours of SD :negative:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why would 205 need a tour? Isn’t it filmed after Smackdown?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

They were trying out doing 205 Live as another touring house show brand.

Based on them adding Matt/Bray to it, I imagine it wasn't doing well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

They think all of their programming is capable of being a touring brand

Attendance just is not there

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

RAW should have ended with Braun getting driven to the police station, and 10 seconds later, a shot of the entire station being flipped over.

It should have ended with people dressed up like Steve Irwin, looking on terrified as they shoot sleep dart after sleep dart into Brauns body without any effect as he menacingly stumbles closer and closer to them. Just before he reaches them, as his massive body fills the whole screen, we fade to black...... THE END........?!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I do not understand WWE'S over reliance on cuts at the point of impact. Surely what wrestling has over every other action show is that you don't need camera tricks for the fights.

Except that a lot of the time you do. Especially now in the days of crystal-clear HD, it's glaringly obvious when someone whiffs a punch or kick but the other guy continues to sell it. I'm not saying the MTV cuts are the right answer, but they're at least trying to make their product look better.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Kevin Dunn is a hack

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rovert posted:

Apparently no wants 205 Live to be a success as a touring brand as it is extra work for people behind the scenes:

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/953633984059203584

lmao goldie is wrestling them now?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
kevin dunn sucks but all these cuts and weird camera angles are probably a vince thing just like every other bizarre thing in the wwe

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao goldie is wrestling them now?

Nice to know 205 Live is going to go the same way as the relaunched ECW.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Looking forward to when they bring Scott Steiner in to mercy kill the whole division in a massive handicap squash match.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

tweet my meat posted:

Looking forward to when they bring Scott Steiner in to mercy kill the whole division in a massive handicap squash match.

That would just make the brand better 205 live is just steiner each week killing cruisers and going "huh"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Nice to know 205 Live is going to go the same way as the relaunched ECW.

Super good and with Ricky Ortiz?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Push El Burrito posted:

Super good and with Ricky Ortiz?

Rally up!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

I agree, Roman with a world title is not a good look

KinkleKlaws
Feb 11, 2005

hallo?
Anyone know what the circle in the back of Dash Wilder's head is for?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Jinder's WWE Title run sucked and all the matches were bad. Through the grace of god, AJ Styles was able to get something resembling a decent main event match out of him at the end of his poo poo reign. But I was willing to go with the argument of "Jinder was just used to wrestling jobber matches and then was suddenly thrust into the main event, give him time."

Now he's continuing to have lovely, boring matches at the US Title level. Obviously he isn't capable of wrestling decent midcarder matches either. I hope they continue to demote him further until he's just on WWE Main Event and I never have to see him wrestle again. Please give his music, entrance video, and moves to someone who can actually put them to use. The Singh Brothers can stay as well, they're cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Usually when WWE pivots away from a long term storyline this time of year (due to injury, whatever) they usually go super hardcore fan friendly. Can't wait for Titus O'Neil's wrestlemania main event.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GB888 posted:

Royal Rumble cold opens with a shot of a tombstone and then Braun's fist punches up through the ground.

Also now he has Undertaker powers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bobby Roode deserves better than wrestling Ziggler, Corbin and Jinder.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

VJeff posted:

bobby roode is less entertaining to watch than corbin tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VJeff posted:

The best part of this is now that he's the US champ he gets to feud with Ziggler again when he returns

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abraham linksys posted:

bobby roode is less entertaining to watch than corbin tbh

Maybe but their utilization of Corbin is even worse than their utilization of Roode. Every time he gets any momentum, they blow his legs off and at this point I just don't loving care about the guy anymore.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

jinder appears to be deflating

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They really need to redesign the US Belt. I really liked the IC knockoff of it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VJeff posted:

Maybe but their utilization of Corbin is even worse than their utilization of Roode. Every time he gets any momentum, they blow his legs off and at this point I just don't loving care about the guy anymore.

You're wrong because it's loving hilarious

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lmao at thinking they should actually push corbin

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

KinkleKlaws posted:

Anyone know what the circle in the back of Dash Wilder's head is for?

dash wilder has lyme disease

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

lmao at thinking they should actually push corbin

They should either push the guy and see if he can sink or swim or not. Putting him over AJ Styles clean just to job him out to Ziggler a month later is kind of absurd.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

and the guy they push shouldn't be corbin

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Aphrodite posted:

Royal Rumble cold opens with a shot of a tombstone and then Braun's fist punches up through the ground.

Also now he has Undertaker powers.

yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

and the guy they push shouldn't be corbin

He's not totally worthless. He was good on Talking Smack, so he can talk under certain circumstances and he has really solid, impactful offense.

• Locked thread