Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Unlikely animal friends!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

d3c0y2 posted:

In other news I have been continuing my quest to improve my line art.

I've been reading a lot about sympathetic and conflicting lines and how they convey emotion. I'm hoping understanding this may help me make more dynamic drawings.

So I took a crack at drawing a contemptuous surgeon.

It feels like learning to draw all over again.

Edit:

I liked the shape of this dudes face so I decided to shade it.

I feel like I lost a little bit of the emotion of the pic despite trying to maintain it as much as possible

This guy gives me a huge Gus Fring vibe, not just the facial features, but his whole... "aura", for lack of a better word. Like yes, he's saving your life now, but would not hesitate to gently caress you up with a scalpel if you get out of line.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

A wealthy socialité.

(Should I tag this? :ohdear: )

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Fun with acrylics:

I didn't had anything in mind while painting, just winged it while mixing colours. It's been a hot while since the last time I used wet media (and it shows!)

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

After a few days in a rut I managed to get enough gumption to draw something.

"Wow, a big, ugly head!"

(It's a local sculpture)

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Anime bullshit

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Local boy.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Draw boys.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

"The things I see outside my job" (cheapo ballpoint pen on discarded sale ticket, 2018)

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I'm obsessed with the radioactive boars from Fukushima.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

From a million pages ago,

dog nougat posted:

This is rad af. I'd say if you're gonna leave it b&w you should vary your line weights a bit to give the illusion of depth. I mean it's great and simple already, but I'd personally tweak it just a bit. Just feels a lil flat overall.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Originally I was going to try and crosshatch it but, y'know, :effort:. Colors might work!

Worktime doodles:
A robotty guy.

Gandalf teaches spanish.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I'm drawing: a chicken. Important art!

I love your chikkins :kimchi:

I made... Fanart! Even worse, crossover fanart!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

The mexican presidential candidates as monsters. I want to be an editorial cartoonist when I grow up.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I do not know anything about mexican presidential candidates, but this dude seems like he's so goddamn lame he wouldn't even make a good monster. Like he's got all the charisma of a wet sponge and none of the good looks. I expect that at any moment he's gonna politely and weakly ask everyone to be nice and pay taxes to fix the economy.
If I got any of that right, good job bringing that out.
...Uncanny!

Today I made sort of a self-portrait.

Acrylics are fun.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

My brother the ape.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Been having some lovely days lately. At least I managed to draw some ballpen doodles:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I missed using brush pens, so I drew a couple of dorks.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I drew a dinosaur!

Every once in a while I re-discover pencils... and then remember they're a pain in the rear end to scan (at least with my El Cheapo scanner). Thankfully Photoshop managed to bring this to a somewhat acceptable level.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Stoat

Bonus: hyena with sneaky stoat.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

A Twitter thing where you draw a Yoshi with your non-dominant hand and then you color it with your dominant one.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Sorry for not posting lately. I've spent the past few weeks in a pretty hosed mental state that all but sapped me of the will to draw. Thankfully changes were made and stability is slowly returning to this place.

Let's celebrate with dumb cartoons.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Drew a Shaq Mool.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Experimenting with media I hadn't used before:

Cheapo oil pastels! Not completely sure if I like them.

Gouache! I only had that one pigment, so I got to make do with water concentrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

My life is a series of art crises with some small creative outbursts in-between. :smith:

Away from the scanner. Have some monsters.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

A tiny mammoth!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Video game character the Hollow Knight.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Sketchin in natural history museums is great :skeltal:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

my buddy Superfly posted:

Pokemon dogs are fun and good.

Hyenas ain't dogs!!! :mad:

Also not dogs: Elephants.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

So it is! I decided to combine the official prompt list with a one centered around monsters I found around the web. Things should get interesting!

Inktober the First: Poisonous Skeleton.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

lofi posted:

Inktober 'poisonous'

drat drawing gum hosed up, ate some of the pic, had to bodge-fix it. :catstare:

Pentaro, I love your idea of combining prompts, might copy your style on that!
Please do, the more the merrier!

Inktober deux, Lazy Bungo Tranquil Goblin.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Inktober 3 - Roasted + Automaton:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

my buddy Superfly posted:

I decided I needed my own list of prompts for inktober for some reason that I don't even remember anymore so here's jobtober!

Daaaamn that's one good-rear end prompt list, if I wasn't already doing the monster one I'd sure love to follow this one. Well, we'll always have other month-long art challenges!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Oh snap, I forgot to post yesterday's drawing here! :doh: Anyways:

Four - Plant-based spell

Five - Sea creature chicken (???)

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Slurping and drooling and hurr.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Exhausted Celestial. Take a while to catch your breath.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Star Fairy.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Precious Giant :chaostrump:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Flowing (:barf:ing) slime!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Inktober day today: Chiitan gonna gently caress you up.

FluxFaun posted:

still drawing my DnD character like the huge nerd I am. Trying to draw more dynamic/interesting poses, will be doing some action ones next. I have a bad habit of just doing portrait type illustrations.
These are rad. Been out of the tabletop scene for a while, what race is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Whale serpent. More the former than the later I guess!