Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

murked by dragon posted:

best cities in canada, ranked Accurately:

1. guelph, ON
2. mississauga, ON
3. peterborough, ON

It's obviously Hamilton since it's the only place not in the boonies that you can actually afford to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Canadian Fact: the mayor of my city is named John Tory

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Dying for Trudeau's LAV profits

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

CBC Radio Toronto had an interesting piece today about Amazon's new headquarters and the costs of encouraging a tech boom in the city. They had an economist on who argued that tech booms increase inequality and displace the working class. This isn't exactly news but what IS news is the fact that these issues are being covered in light of how much everyone seems invested in the new HQ. Radio One seems indistinguishable from rich liberal Boomer radio most days so I'm glad they had someone addressing issues that will primarily affect young people and lower income earners.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Dreylad posted:

toronto's already been sliding this way for a while, what with most lower income housing in need of serious repair or way past their lifespan. the housing market, condo development and general disdain for social programs amongst many torontonians means this process will continue unabated.

incidentally toronto rates high on the quality of life index, along with vancouver and san francisco in North America, which goes to show you how important inequality is to being considered a nice place to live. montreal being the exception although it's still relatively expensive compared to much of quebec

I pay 1450 a month for a lovely old apartment that had no heat for a week. At least it has friendly cockroaches

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

this is peak Canadian conservatism

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/968456242086555648

"The budget projection in the Liberals platform doesn't match what the actual budget says 3 years later! CROOKS"

the CPC is a completely ineffectual opposition party

if the message is just as intelligent as the voters, it's a good message

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

namaste friends posted:

what does it for me is the Greek/Italian guido Montreal English accent

is casual racism ok if you're ethnic han?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

so are we supposed to vote for the ondp and pretend they have their poo poo together or vote for the Libs and pretend they didn't just privatize a provincial utility corp? is this when drawing a dickbutt or voting communist is appropriate

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Helsing posted:

What riding do you live in?

Toronto-St. Paul's

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I've voted liberal ~strategically~ for so long it'll be nice to finally put one in for another party, even if it's the ONDP. Thanks for the advice.

At least I can look forward to the PCs tearing themselves apart. Part of me thinks that Doug Ford would win them the election somehow

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

nothingmatters.txt

quote:

Almost half of Ontario voters disapprove of Doug Ford as leader of the Progressive Conservatives, but the party is still poised to win a majority in the upcoming provincial election, according to a new public opinion poll.

Of the 923 Ontario voters surveyed Sunday by the Forum Poll, 48 per cent said they disapprove of Doug Ford, 36 per cent said they approve and 16 per cent said they don’t know.

If an election were held on Sunday, the Liberals would lose, securing only 23 per cent of the vote, or 11 seats, according to the poll. The New Democrats would come in second, with 27 per cent, and the PCs would win with 44 per cent.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Fordist Third Worldism leading the way!

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

new phone, who dat?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Bathurst is down to one lane through Eglinton for an authentic 1890s feel

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Perhaps turning everyone into wage slaves with no time to spend with our children is... bad???

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

A bunch of people got run over by some asshat in a rental van on a nice day. It sucks.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

if the guy turns out be muslim the tweets wont be thoughts and prayers

His name is Faisal Hassan but he was depressed and schizophrenic so this week’s rage and stereotyping will be directed at ‘the mentally ill’.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

THC posted:

if your resume is just a list of positions at condo and luxury property management companies I think it’s safe to say you’re a parasite and the wall would be too humane a fate

Why stop at luxury? My cockroach addled apartment benefits from the same level of care and service (I.e. none).

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

the only craven act of politicizing so far has been the police’s new idea to ban handguns in the city. Not that it’s a bad idea, but didn’t we already learn that the gun game illegally from the US?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Penalize them their 16% stake in the 407.

NATIONALISE THE 407

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

i would imagine the communist state of canada we will need a way to distribute needs to the people and what better way than nationalizing all 7-11s and shoppers drug marts

The crown would then own about 10% of Ontario by landmass in shoppers drug marts alone

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

From ages ago, but lol if you don’t pay for everything with credit and get cash back or air miles on all your purchases.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I know I’ll regret it but I’ll probably buy some buck a beer at some point just to see what the taste disparity is between it and good beer.

For context I’ve always looked at Max Ice with the same morbid curiosity

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Tighclops posted:

Max ice is loving trash I can't stop drinking it, Micheal Ironside was right

a primate has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Jul 26, 2019

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Doug Ford is a schmuck and all but putting Ontario wine in convenience stores is not a hill I’m willing to even glance at

are other wineries able to get the same deal?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

teach a man to chud, he will eat for a day
teach a man to guillotine, he will eat for life

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I have asthma and smoking burns like hell
legalize edibles already dammit

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

are the NDP still in total utter disarray or have they gotten their poo poo together yet

never mind, who am I kidding

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

when Bernie is done in the states can we have him?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

bernie is going to kneel over and have a heart attack the second he wins the primary

so far it’s been Weekend at Biden’s for the dem primary so I’d bet on him going first

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

it’s ok because at least the libs passed electoral reform like they promised

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

hmm I was wondering why I hadn’t heard wab kinew on CBC radio in a while

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

air canada is a good airline though???

if you manage not to fly rouge, that is

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Quebec as a province is just as hosed as the rest of us. It is a province full of bad politics and racists, much like the ROC.

That said, my wife and her entire family are pur-laine québécois who are either bilingual or speak enough English to get by. They’re nice people who don’t hate the dreaded anglos, don’t want to separate, and aren’t a bunch of racists.

Quebec is a land of contrasts.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Grassy Narrows

using shredded mozza instead of curds or using fries salted with cinnamon :barf:

did this happen irl? because :wow:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Powershift posted:

i got a scheer commercial during F1 and it ruined my loving day at 8 am

if that stupid dork wins i will lose my loving mind

completely off topic, but do you watch F1 on regular cable or is there a way for me to watch without giving Rogers even more of my money?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Chuka Umana posted:

what is the good political party in Canada

none of them

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Powershift posted:

Gotta make sure those first time home buyers in loving Victoria making $120k a year can buy a $780k house.

absolute joke of a loving country

run by an absolute loving twat

If your mortage isn't half of your take-home, are you even a real canadian? should you even be allowed to vote?

as a first time home buyer in Toronto, $780 is loving insanity. I bought for WAY less than that

and I’m not just mad because I don’t get to benefit from this admittedly bullshit policy gift to developers

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

it’s insane that the Canadian retirement plan has become entirely dependent on home equity, and now the federal government wants to subsidize an over-valued industry just so the whole house of cards doesn’t collapse and throw out everyone on their rear end

welcome to hellworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Postess with the Mostest posted:

The government owns a percentage of the house with this incentive so really Trudeau is just nationalizing the housing market faster. Minus points but still the #1 conservative option

weird. now the government is essentially buying shares in this devil market, doubling down on the mistakes of the past

also giving an unfair advantage in the market to people who buy after the policy is enacted

just... libs