Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

On 2nd thought, maybe what we had before was better than watching endless caution laps as everyone runs out of gas during the caution laps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am pretty far behind on my understanding of the Nascar rules, but why was Allgaier able to restart 4th after running out of gas and having to be pushed to pit road? Just because it was under caution?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

I left for speed dating before the GWC. How did this...(looks at thread title)...well, he either got in a fight or

gently caress YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

There needs to be a race winner t-shirt. :colbert:

NASCAR 2018:

Well you see, some guy blew a tire and there was a caution. Then they did 20 caution laps because everyone thought they still could make it on fuel, but 1 at a time they ran out of fuel.

Then they said gently caress it, we are just going green even though someone else is also now out of fuel.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And then the goon that had the printer in the back seat got in front. And he was to fat, nobody else could pass.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Little highlight wheel from the drivers running the booth from the Xfinity race. Way more entertaining than the normal crew!

Although they did miss the Ryan Blaney mishap when he thought he was just talking and didn't know the camera was on too... was standing sideways...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JhvOPYcUig

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not a great race. Whatever changes Nascar made them do for this race was a bad idea. Who wants to see single file racing at Talladega?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SwampYankee posted:

It's nothing really new, it's been a game of "ride single file and don't make a move until the last lap" for a while now, even though it never works anymore. The rules package isn't too terrible, both today and at Daytona the racing was fun to watch when the drivers felt like going for it. They might need a bigger spoiler though, seemed like everyone was a little on edge.

I still think they should bring back the roof blade and open the plates up.

Thats just it though. All 3 stages, nobody was able to go for it. No lead shuffling, none of what makes Talladega fun.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And then they wonder why they are losing viewers...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dude, you led 1 lap.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tater_salad posted:

Nascar 2018: [Loud Chanting] Drugs Drugs Drugs!

edit.. WOW.. ~25% of the stands filled for Bristol.. that's just sad.

Yea, it was a rainy day and anybody that would even think about going probably would assume the race wasn't going to happen. And even then they basically ran half the race on Sunday and half the race on Monday.

But... Nascar viewing audience is going to keep declining. So many issues with the broadcasts from the changing cameras every 10 seconds to having a billion lovely commercials.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

tater_salad posted:

Tickets sold not in teh stands.. 48k in a 169k stadium.. :wheelchairsmiley: Back in my day you had to go on a waiting list to go to bristol

You probably didn't have to pay $100+ pet ticket though...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Like all goons that become famous. SRA has forgotten about our dead forum.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I will pitch in if at least 1 race at both Daytona and Dega is run clockwise.

Seems like they should consider this at this point. I mean back in the day, it's pretty obvious why they chose to race in a way that gave the driver the most protection between them and the wall, but now that the walls are safer, seems like it's not as big of a deal if you hit the wall...

But maybe they should try it with one of the 50 1.5 mile tracks though instead since they are all the loving same anyway.

Although the best clearly would be to run Stage 1 counterclockwise, then Stage 2 Clockwise, then Stage 3 counterclockwise again. That way they would have to spend 5 minutes on pit road adjusting the car to go the other way. :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

Signs are pointing to Conor Daly running a Xfinity road course race with Roush

https://twitter.com/roushfenway/status/994967849654505472

Hope they also have a Coke-Cola or something similar on the car...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should just change the series name to the Harvick Cup Series.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mischief posted:

Whoops.

NASCAR mentioned last week that they were going to crack the whip on some of the rear window shenanigans...

Oh, how will Harvick manage to get to the front in just 600 miles?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nascar Non-stop... Commercials.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Thats an unfortunate spot to gently caress up. Inside and first car lol.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 30, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Haha Jimmy took himself out of everything...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Did the 96 pull over for Larson?

No, he got spun the gently caress out and he's Jeffrey Earnhardt and was probably making GBS threads himself driving a car like normal anyway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

big nipples big life posted:

We're approaching the point where Jeffrey Earnhardt has a 1 car accident and affects the outcome.

Going to jump in on This is being a pretty amazing prediction. Pretty sure Earnhardt crashing and giving Larson an extra spot took Johnson out of the playoffs... (Although I don't fully understand the playoff rules).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also, every playoff cutoff race should now be a Roval race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

As long as they can still run in packs at high speed and have giant crashes once or twice a race, I'm okay with it.

If they take those 2 parts away, then they might as well get rid of Daytona and Daga.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

NASCAR 2019: We Don't Need No Sponsors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

If they solidly committed to a) the gradients around the tires, b) the weird logo echo thing, or c) the racing stripes coming off the LL in the logo, instead of all three, it could be something really cool. As it is though, eh.

I don't think anyone's posted the Ryan Newman Hot Dog Scheme:

So close to Doobies Hot Dogs