Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Did not know this (that you can KO some adults). I may have to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Burn dust! Eat my rubber!

achtungnight posted:

Did not know this (that you can KO some adults). I may have to try it out.

You can indeed. You can even knock out police officers, IF you set it up just right. I will show that off later in the LP.

Also, feel free to add whatever you like from the wiki. I do address many of the points in later videos, but it's a great supplement and I have no problem with it being in the thread. This is an old game so I'm not that concerned about spoilers (as long as we don't give away the ENTIRE plot).

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well the entire game is basically "Gary was here, Jimmy is a loser"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
just checked - rando townies can also be knocked the gently caress out though it's pretty difficult to do it without expending firecrackers or a cop getting involved

townies are not in the habit of attacking jimmy as well so there's not a ton of point to doing that.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Coolguye posted:

just checked - rando townies can also be knocked the gently caress out though it's pretty difficult to do it without expending firecrackers or a cop getting involved

townies are not in the habit of attacking jimmy as well so there's not a ton of point to doing that.

Funny you mention the Townies. I have a run-in with a few in the upcoming video. Speaking of which ...

Update probably later tonight. Bio for Mr. Galloway as well.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Jimmy helps a teacher break the habit. Or tries to, anyway. Also ...

"PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! Get me pictures of Spider-Man!"

Part 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSsYyLRCdCg

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Mr. Galloway

Mr. Lionel Galloway is the English teacher at Bullworth Academy. A gaunt man of 34 years, his drinking habit has marked his face and caused premature aging.
Galloway often comes to teach his class still hungover, and is known to sometimes drink in front of the students, poorly disguising his favored scotch whiskey and calling it his “tea”.

Despite his habit, Mr. Galloway, along with Ms. Philips, is one of the most well-liked and respected teachers among the students.
He is very open and caring with the students, and believes that students sharing their classwork with others is “an admirable show of teamwork”.
Galloway encourages his students to finish their classwork on time, and will even let them leave early if they manage to finish before the bell rings.

Mr. Galloway's primary cause for drinking appears to be stress on the job, coming particularly from his ever-present tormentor, Mr. Hattrick, the Math teacher at Bullworth.
Recently Hattrick discovered Galloway drinking on the job, and vowed to get Galloway fired for his indiscretions.
Fortunately, Jimmy Hopkins, wishing to aid his teacher, managed to find all of Mr. Galloway's stashes of alcohol around the school and disposed of them by giving them to Ms. Philips (who proceeded to give them to the hobo behind the school). Jimmy was rewarded with a camera for his efforts and allowed to attend Photography class.

Mr. Galloway took an instant liking to Jimmy when he first entered Bullworth, and it seems that his judge of character was well-placed.

Editor's Note: Mr. Galloway is a great character. As someone who has dealt with addictions in the past, I know all too well how easy it is to slip into the abyss that Galloway finds himself.
It's awesome to see that he has people like Jimmy and Ms. Philips who look out for him and want to help him break the cycle.

We'll be seeing a lot more of Galloway and Ms. Philips, incidentally.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I dislike shop class because it only gives you one chance per go - screw up once on easy to screw up prompts, and you fail.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

I dislike shop class because it only gives you one chance per go - screw up once on easy to screw up prompts, and you fail.

You get three shots at Shop class per attempt, same as Chemistry or Art.

I think the reason people have problems with Shop is because they match the prompt once or so, then stop. This is a mistake. You should keep matching the prompt until it disappears. You can hear the game give a confirmation of success for every match if you have the volume set just right (it's kinda hard to hear).

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

achtungnight posted:

My favorite girls in the game are the last girl we’ll meet- no spoilers- and also the two generic girls Christy (redhead with ponytail) & Angie (pigtails & glasses, Asian chick). If you can catch the latter two characters in a cat fight, you should definitely show it off.

Your wish has been granted.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Got me to reinstall this game, never was able to pass the last shop class. The rotate the bike chain always said I did it wrong when I attempted it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Seeing Jimmy's total lack of safety equipment in Chemistry bugs me. At least put the goggles on.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I heavily identify with Mr. Galloway because I also want scotch at all times during work.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

Having played it again, I am reminded of how much I hate Algernon. I can smell him through the screen. loving zip up your pants you useless lard body!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Thanks for staging the catfight. :D

Apologies for being mistaken about when we unlock the Camera and associated collectibles. It has been a while since I played. :( Chapter 3 will still show off how much the characters are individualized in a special way, though- wait and see.

Regarding Mr. Galloway- yes, we will be seeing him again. I regret I don't have much to say about him that wasn't already in the LP Bio.

I'm not a big fan of Algie either. The only Nerd I really like is Melvin. He amuses me. The others are bleah.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Have an update.

AAAAAAAADRIAAAAAAANNN!!!

Part 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Bt-m0C4OI

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Ms. Philips

Ms. Deirdre Philips is the Art teacher at Bullworth Academy, and is one of the most popular teachers at the school.
She is very encouraging to her students, rather than denigrating like some of the less popular teachers. Ms. Philips is especially popular with the boys in the school, and this may be due to her attractiveness and sex appeal.
She gets on well with female students for the most part, but some are jealous of her, and tend to spread rumors about her (such as Christy).
Such rumors typically suggest that she hits on male students, though whether this is true or just wishful thinking on their part is open for debate.

Ms. Philips has a close relationship with Mr. Galloway, and rumors fly constantly that the two are dating. Time will tell.

Ms. Philips has taken a liking to Jimmy, noting his particular skill in art and photography, commenting that he's a bit rough around the edges but he has real talent that shines through.
Ever since he helped cover for Mr. Galloway and saved him from being fired for drinking on the job, Ms. Philips has grown closer to Jimmy, accepting him as something of a confidante.

Editor's Note: I like Ms. Philips as well. You can tell her feelings for Mr. Galloway are genuine, and she really wants to help him.
As for her … flirtations … it's honestly hard to say whether or not she's even aware that she's doing it.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

achtungnight posted:

Thanks for staging the catfight. :D

Apologies for being mistaken about when we unlock the Camera and associated collectibles. It has been a while since I played. :( Chapter 3 will still show off how much the characters are individualized in a special way, though- wait and see.

Regarding Mr. Galloway- yes, we will be seeing him again. I regret I don't have much to say about him that wasn't already in the LP Bio.

I'm not a big fan of Algie either. The only Nerd I really like is Melvin. He amuses me. The others are bleah.

Not a problem, although it was entirely by accident. :D

I'll be taking yearbook photos as the opportunity comes. The task is bearable if you break it up into small doses as you play the game.

I've played up to Chapter 3 at this point, and will soon be delving into what you're talking about. Also, I absolutely despise Lola.

Update to come later tonight, probably. Or early tomorrow, as the whim takes me. Bio for that lovable teddy bear Mr. Hattrick incoming.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I hate Lola too. I’ll explain why after her bio is posted even though it probably won’t be necessary. No sense giving imitators delusions by not driving home what a bad character she is.

Any teachers or other characters you don’t plan on giving a bio? I can cover them on my end a bit if necessary. Surprised you’re doing Hattrick this early, but I trust you’re saving spoilers for the late game.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

achtungnight posted:

I hate Lola too. I’ll explain why after her bio is posted even though it probably won’t be necessary. No sense giving imitators delusions by not driving home what a bad character she is.

Any teachers or other characters you don’t plan on giving a bio? I can cover them on my end a bit if necessary. Surprised you’re doing Hattrick this early, but I trust you’re saving spoilers for the late game.

I'll save the spoilery stuff for when it's relevant in the story (ie. when it's not a spoiler anymore).

For the major characters, at least, I do plan on doing bios revisited, to cover character arcs and whatnot. Minor characters will get a one-off. These will include small-time clique members as well as teachers that don't have a huge bearing on the story. As for tertiary characters (townspeople, etc.) ... go nuts. I'm probably not going to cover them because I can't be arsed.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
OK, then I'll plan for the following future articles-

Bulworth Faculty & Staff- addresses all the teachers and staff members of the school at once, including those not that important to the plot. Won't include Galloway, Crabblesnitch, and Danvers since I already addressed them.

Non-Clique Kids- Covers the kids not in any of the school's Factions and the Little Kids.

Prominent Townspeople- Any Bulworth residents of note.

I'll also do side reports on the Faction Members after they are addressed by you similar to what I've already done for the Bullies.

Didn't know updated bios were in your plans before. :) Looking forward to them.

Keep up the good work.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Sounds good ... and upon reflection, I think I may hold off on my first Hattrick bio until Chapter 3. There's a particular mission where I think it's an appropriate time.

Bio for the Preppies instead (sans Bif and Derby).

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

The truth is out there ...

Part 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJAX1T3Y3kE

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

The Preppies (from left to right: Bryce, Chad, Gord, Justin, Parker, Tad)

The Preppies are the rich kids at Bullworth. They take their orders from Derby Harrington, and from his right-hand man and bodyguard, Bif Taylor.
The Preppies come from Old World money (with the exceptions of Tad and Chad, who are nouveau riche), and as such are snobbish and look down upon their fellow students.
It is also a rumor (and a running joke in the game) that they are hiding numerous deformities due to rampant inbreeding.

Initially befriending Jimmy Hopkins after he wins a boxing tournament, they relinquish the deed to an old abandoned beach house to him as a prize (the prize for the tournament was to be a one million dollar dream home,
but Jimmy wasn't eligible for it). However, their relationship with Hopkins remains strained, due to the fact that he is from another social class.
Also, Pinky Gauthier, a girl in the Preppies clique bretrothed to Derby Harrington, has recently taken a liking to Jimmy.

While they seem to be maintaining an air of civility around Jimmy, it appears superficial at best. Will this facade crumble in time?

Editor's Note: There are some singular characters I despise, but when it comes to cliques, I definitely hate the Preppies the most.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Your yearbook photography method reminds me of when I was once asked to needlessly photograph everyone in the office, and I protested by randomly surprising them with pictures so they would all look confused or terrified in their pics.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Your yearbook photography method reminds me of when I was once asked to needlessly photograph everyone in the office, and I protested by randomly surprising them with pictures so they would all look confused or terrified in their pics.

This made me laugh far harder than it should have.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Alright, this seems a good time for this article.

Non-Prominent Non-Faction Students of Bulworth

These characters are just generic students of Bulworth and have little bearing on the story. They're in the background. However, they still have unique dialogue and distinct personalities. Some of them even pop up in Missions now and then.

The four Non-Faction students who are more prominent- Christy, Angie, Eunice, and Constantinos- will appear in a separate article at a later time.

Non-Faction Students

These are average kids attending Bulworth- the school's grade system is not clear, so it's hard to say exactly how old they are. The Non-Faction Students of Jimmy's age are just generic kids, mostly. Often one can find them getting picked on by Bullies or other Faction students. Sometimes they socialize with Faction students also, and it is possible they may aspire to join those Factions when they are older or the Factions become willing to recruit them. They do not harass other Students, except each other and the Nerds on occasion (everyone can be mean to the Nerds). They usually don't attack Jimmy unless attacked first, but may tattle on him if they witness him bullying people.

The general attitude of these kids towards Jimmy is an average of all the Factions', excluding Townies', Respect Levels. Generally it is easy to direct their behavior towards supportive or hostile, though, depending on your actions.

Non-Prominent Non-Faction Boys

Gordon is a wannabe Prep, very crude in language and arrogant snob in attitude. He claims to be recruited by Ivy League schools, but his grades or income may not be up to that in reality. Dresses as Jason Voorhees on Halloween.

Ivan claims to have leprosy and sleep disorders, but this may or may not be true. He claims friendship with Jocks and can be seen holding hands with Angie now and then.

Lance is pleasant most of the time, only conceited on occasion. He is one of the few students at Bulworth with no interest in bullying or the social order. Very laid-back.

Ray is overweight with a wild imagination, big into reading and videogames. He's also the worst male fighter in the school, can only shove you. This probably kept him out of the Nerds Faction. Occasionally he and Eunice hold hands.

Trevor is the goal-oriented type, hates the rowdy atmosphere at Bulworth and tries to stay under the radar. He dresses as a Werewolf on Halloween and may also be trying to join the Bullies that night- he attacks Jimmy using their fighting style on that Mission only.

Next article will be on the Non-Faction Little Kids, then I'll do one on the Preps, including Pinky, Darby (I spell his name how it's pronounced, probably irritates him, that's fine by me), and Biff.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

I'll be covering Pinky, Derby, and Bif as they come up in the LP. Any girlfriends and boss characters will get covered. However, "bios" will essentially be story-based information and general overviews, as they pertain to Jimmy. Any additional stuff you want to add that I don't cover is fine by me.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

The Lady and the Tramp lay some Eggs, and Race the Vale!

Yeah okay, I couldn't think of a good description for this one.

Part 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyFq4aB7hnw

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Pinky Gauthier

Pinky is a girl from the Preppies clique, around 15 years old. She is attractive, but very spoiled. Like the other Preppies, she tends to be hostile to those she considers to be below her social status.
Unlike her peers, however, she has a fascination with the underprivileged in society. This can be seen in her donating clothes to charity, and she will date boys from the lower class.

She has been, until recently, betrothed to her cousin, Derby Harrington. Their families insisted that they keep their bloodlines and traditions pure and so wished for the two to intermarry. However ...

Pinky has developed an interest in Jimmy. She first felt the stirrings of attraction when she witnessed his victory over Russell in the Hole, then cheered him on when he successfully defeated the Preppies in a boxing tournament.
Recently the two began dating. Pinky was supposed to go on a date with Derby, but ditched when Derby failed to arrive (after three minutes of waiting).
Pinky left instead with Jimmy, and the two went on a carnival date, which proved to be successful.

What will the future hold for the two young lovers?

Editor's Note: Pinky is … alright. I find her infinitely more tolerable than the rest of the Preppies. Her spoiled nature seems to be born almost out of innocence, rather than malevolence.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mean yeah, it isn't Pinky's fault she was born into a tangled web of weird inbreeding

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Something cool with Pinky is this - she doesn't pull the "Do you know who I am?" kind of schtick that the other preppies do - she knows that there is no reason for Jimmy to have heard of her and she's fine with that. Also other than Petey she is the only character who sees through Gary's crap. She's naive and spoiled, but maybe a better judge of character than she may let on.

Edit: Wow. On that "Let's go pick up the bear now!" line it sounded like Pinky's actress blew the hell out of the audio.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 11, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Had to shift plans around a bit. I watched some of the videos ahead of time but forgot the mission placement, then watched them again to refresh my memory. Oh well, let's catch up on girls.

Pinky, predictably, dresses as a Princess on Halloween. She also packs a slingshot on that Mission only (usually girls just push and slap you when fighting) and it's the only time she wanders around the school. Otherwise you have to look for her in a specific location like the Football Field, Harrington House, or Girls Dorm. She can be found wandering Old Bulworth Vale and the Carnival at any time.

Pinky is a cheerleader for the Bulworth Bulls along with Mandy, Christy, and Angie. The game considers all these characters Jocks when in cheerleading uniform despite their respective cliques.

Girls like Pinky aren't that attractive to me personally. I can appreciate the good heart others have mentioned, but the snobby elitism just doesn't do it for me at all.

Beatrice- reviewed the Wiki today and my own gaming memories. Not much I can say about her that hasn't already been said. Oh well.

Christy is a gossipy girl with high interest in making out and the social order. Occasionally she also muses about fire and suicide in her dialogue, an interesting contrast. She is potentially the only kissable girl at Bulworth Jimmy can never kiss in a 100% completion game (we get Angie after Art 1, Eunice and the Faction Girls in Missions).

Angie is a shy girl. Like Christy, she enjoys gossip, but hers is more up to date while Christy's concentrates on the rumor mill. Dresses as a witch on Halloween. As has been shown off in a video, Angie is also the only girl who can appear in the Boys Dorm (it's a glitch).

Eunice is insecure and moody a lot of the time, but also one of the nicer girls at Bulworth. I say this because she is the only character who will still kiss Jimmy when he is wearing outfits that make most people laugh at him on sight. This includes the Alien Costume and a few other things we haven't seen yet. That's true love right there.

Eunice is also the first girl Jimmy can be nice to and kiss in the game (first Mission, This is Your School).

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like to think Eunice grows up to look like Pam Ferris as Agatha Trunchbull in the Matilda movie, just a huge pile of muscle and confidence. Just much nicer.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

achtungnight posted:

Christy is a gossipy girl with high interest in making out and the social order. Occasionally she also muses about fire and suicide in her dialogue, an interesting contrast. She is potentially the only kissable girl at Bulworth Jimmy can never kiss in a 100% completion game (we get Angie after Art 1, Eunice and the Faction Girls in Missions).

Meaning she doesnt count, or you shouldnt ever kiss her? Cause she is my kiss health buff waifu.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

winterwerefox posted:

Meaning she doesnt count, or you shouldnt ever kiss her? Cause she is my kiss health buff waifu.

That it's possible to 100% the game without kissing her once - the other girls kiss you as part of events. Christy needs to be sought out.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

BONUS UPDATE

MIDWINTER MADNESS

JIMMY'S MAD AS HELL, AND HE'S NOT GONNA TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!

Bonus video (Winter detention): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJo3u2QuUc

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

That it's possible to 100% the game without kissing her once - the other girls kiss you as part of events. Christy needs to be sought out.

That makes sense.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The latest video prompts this article from me. Also, thanks, Antherus/Archangel, for showing off the Detention Snow Shoveling. Usually you just have to mow lawns when busted, but in the winter things are different. :) Pity you can't get out of your punishment any way other than doing it. I too like to attack...

The Prefects

These four seniors wander Bulworth's campus enforcing rules. Jimmy crosses paths with them at his peril. They are not in the Yearbook, nor are they seen attending Classes. Easily spotted as red dots on the radar or by their blue suits and large stature. They can bust not only Jimmy, but almost anyone else they see breaking the law. Occasionally they can be seen in Bulworth town- in this case they have been documented busting Townsfolk for law violations. If the criminal escapes, they try to make Citizen's Arrest on the Prefects and are then busted by the Police in response. Jimmy is their preferred target over anyone else, and they usually only bust female characters for curfew and trespassing, ignoring them otherwise. In the early development of Bully it was possible to bribe Prefects to leave Jimmy alone, but that was changed. They also carried paddles or police style batons in early development and wore red vests.

Karl- Leader of the group per the game data files. Shorter than many students, but has no trouble busting them. Extreme authoritarian, like all Prefects. His background is unknown.

Seth- The most prominent prefect, toughest of the bunch and in charge of overseeing Detention. Also worst of the bunch in terms of abusing authority, though they all do that to some degree and enjoy it. Former Bully, really enjoys beating people up.

Max- Second in command per the game data files. Comes up with unique insults such as "smearwipe" and "toiletstain". Aspires to be a police officer one day and may be a former Jock.

Edward- Former Prep, now a Prefect. Very arrogant and stuck-up. Only one of the group to wear glasses. Suffers from athsma and STDs along with overblown pride.

Prefects are almost never nice to Jimmy. One particular outfit we don't get till Chapter 5 does allow it, though. I'll mention that when we get there if Antherus does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

REVISION

FURTHER DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE

PSYCHOSIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPBX780Jds

antherus fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 13, 2018

• Locked thread