Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Burn dust! Eat my rubber!

Zoe Taylor (notice how Jimmy's staring at her tits)

Zoe is a member of the Townies clique in the town of Bullworth, and the ultimate girlfriend to Jimmy Hopkins. She lives in the largest house in the Blue Skies Industrial Park, a once-nice two story with a front porch. Very little is known about her home life, although she apparently has a turbulent relationship with her mom and argues with her frequently. Nothing is known about her dad. She attended Bullworth Academy, but she was expelled after complaining about being sexually harassed by Mr. Burton the year before Jimmy arrived. According to unused dialogue, she and Mandy were once friends.

Zoe's idea of a good time is smashing up valuables and vandalizing other peoples' property. Zoe is feisty, loves a good fight, and isn't afraid to get physical if the situation demands it. Despite this, Zoe is one of the most down to earth people in the game. She has a lot in common with Jimmy, as they are both troublemakers and come from tough home lives. She also has Jimmy's strong sense of justice, and is prepared to stand up against corruption. She believes everyone at Bullworth Academy is “fake”, and bears personal grudges against Mr. Burton and Tad Spencer.

Editor's Note: As mentioned, Zoe's my favorite girlfriend in the game. My only real complaint is that she's introduced so late in the game. For being the “true love”, they would've done better to introduce her early on, and build her character up as the story progresses.

Mr. Burton Finale (sort of):

It's awesome to see Burton get his comeuppance. This isn't the last of it, though. His final just desserts will come at the very end of the game. Stay tuned.

antherus fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

Addendum: this is the "beta" version of Zoe that they were going to go with, back when the Townies were the Punks.

Yeah.

Thank GOD they went with her final appearance.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Yeah, I don't think I would have been attracted to Beta Zoe either. Whoever aborted that look for her (and the Punks in general) made a good call.

Some other notes on Zoe-

- She can appear as early in the game as Chapter 2 during the Street Go-Kart Races, but you can't interact with her until Chapter 5.

- As mentioned, she is the last girlfriend and probably the one with the least screen time. But they say less is more, and I consider her the most memorable and the second most personally attractive to me (Christy is the first).

- She claims to be the toughest girl in the game, but the game mechanics unfortunately do not make her fight any differently than the rest. If they do Bully 2, I would probably want stronger female characters.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
So, I never noticed this lp till now.

I marathoned a bunch of it and plan on watching the rest, and I wanted to say I really like this lp. The bios and other things that were in it were really good.

Are you going to show off the recently finished (and by finished I mean it's released and functional but still being worked on for bugs and stuff) Bully Multiplayer mod?

mauman fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 29, 2018

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

mauman posted:

So, I never noticed this lp till now.

I marathoned a bunch of it and plan on watching the rest, and I wanted to say I really like this lp. The bios and other things that were in it were really good.

Are you going to show off the recently finished (and by finished I mean it's released and functional but still being worked on for bugs and stuff) Bully Multiplayer mod?

Thank ya kindly.

I didn't even know of the existence of the multiplayer mod until you mentioned it, sadly. :( Anyway, the LP is done, so I have no plans to show it off, but I might play around with it at a future date. Right now I have several other LPs going on my channel that require attention as well as a Long Dark LP I need to get going, so Bully's going to be shelved for the time being.

That having been said ...

Final update incoming, along with a 100% wrapup video.

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

The Final Showdown.

Part FINAL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaBuwPaBV2Y

---

Obligatory final bio - Edgar Munsen

Edgar is the leader of the Townies, and ... surprisingly little is known about this guy. He does reveal to Jimmy that he hates everyone at Bullworth because his parents couldn't afford to send him there. Beyond that ... your guess is as good as mine.

Once beaten in a VERY tough boss battle (unless you use the cheap spud gun method that I did), Edgar turns out to be a pretty okay dude. He just made the mistake, like Jimmy, of listening to Gary. Much like Zoe, Edgar may fill the "true friend" role, as he has a lot in common with Jimmy. Of course, good ol' Petey probably already has that role taken.

Editor's Note: Until I learned of the spud gun trick, all I could say about the Edgar boss fight was "gently caress THIS GUY. SERIOUSLY. gently caress. THIS. GUY." Over and over. I could beat him the conventional way, but only through countless retries, blood, sweat, and tears. gently caress that noise.

---

Video Highlights

Russell is badass.

gently caress THIS FIGHT. I might've mentioned that already.

Included because it made me laugh my rear end off.

I love this part. Zoe's a lot girlier than she lets on.

Russell is my hero. He should be your hero, as well.

I didn't mention this in the video, but it actually kinda makes sense that Johnny's attacking the girl's dorm, given the mental fuckery that Lola kept putting him through.
Dude probably has a LOT of pent-up resentment.

Oh, Ted. Even at the very end, you're underwhelming.

Hahaha, of course Derby and his cronies are sitting it out at Harrington House. I still think they should've been the dominant clique at Bullworth.

This one was strangely the most satisfying for me. Getting to pound the crap out of this sniveling little poo poo was ... cathartic, to say the least. I dunno if that says a lot about me but whatever.

And of course, the big one. Gary Smith, you awful, awful creature. You know, in another time, in another place, Gary probably would've risen to become one of the world's most cruel and evil tyrants, given the right circumstances. Thankfully he was a "victim", and I do use that word extremely loosely, of a system notorious for letting students and patients slip through the cracks. Gary was both. Could he ever have been redeemed? Eh. The glaring reality, IMO, is that Gary was evil. Plain and simple. Too often people try to explain away aberrant behavior with notions of failed childhoods, etc.

Bully is an examination of good vs. evil, ultimately. Jimmy and Gary are similar creatures, if you want to look at it from a top-down view. Both come from troubled pasts. Broken homes. Problem children. Etc. However, Jimmy's marked with a sense of justice, and ultimate good, whereas Gary's the polar opposite. Manipulative. Sadistic. Evil for evil's sake.

Gary Smith, goodbye and good riddance.

Fucker.

Included this because ... I'm not sure whether Crabblesnitch is implying he had yet to send the letter, and would destroy it, or never intended to, or ... you know what? Who cares, it doesn't matter anyway.

The gang's all here, Pete's made head boy, and all is right with the world ... for now, anyway. And that's good enough.

... and Jimmy gets the girl. Credits roll. After graduation, Jimmy starts filling out applications to become the next Grand Theft Auto protagonist.

---

Well, folks, that's it. That was Bully: Scholarship Edition. Thanks for joining me on this crazy, crashtastic ride. I had a great time making the LP, and I hope you enjoyed it! Also, thanks to achtungnight for his contributions to the LP. His tireless research helped fill the gaps in my biographical knowledge/helped cover for me when I was too lazy to type. The 100% video will be on the next post, along with a final, fitting, farewell image.

antherus fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 31, 2018

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

100% video (stuff I missed): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5DucAAmknY

Important Video Highlight:

... I take it back, THIS was the most satisfying.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Alright, final videos and highlight reel posted. Very nice. A few final notes from me-

Edgar- The Townie Leader is mysterious, yes. He is also unique among the clique leaders in a few ways. One, you only fight him once. Two, his fight is the most challenging in the game (although I usually have little trouble with the conventional way personally). Three, he participates in the dodgeball for money games alongside the rest of his clique. The third fact has caused some fanfic writers to set up an early knowledge of each other between Jimmy and Edgar. Not that they can build much of a relationship this early or that it changes the game much, mind you. Edgar remains a decent guy who enjoys fighting and will admit Jimmy's superiority easily upon defeat but remain a good sport. The other clique leaders could learn a lot from him.

The Bully Wiki also notes something surprising about Edgar- In the mission Showdown at the Plant, at one point in development Edgar would throw Jimmy into a vat of green chemicals if he won the fight. This would have made him the only character to actually kill Jimmy. This was later changed, most likely because it would have interfered with the T rating and to an extent not fit in with the game's tone.

Yeah...

For the weapons article I promised, well, the Wiki does a better job of listing them than I ever could, so follow this link- http://bully.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_in_Bully

Thanks again for the LP and best of luck to you in the future.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 31, 2018

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

That's ... kinda horrifying, actually. Good thing they chose not to go that route.

Anyway, I did want to thank you for the additional material you added to the LP, achtungnight. It was great stuff and I appreciate the legwork you did to add to the Let's Play!

EDIT: Added a thank you to the final post, which honestly should've been there in the first place. Thanks again, man. Will add one to the OP.

antherus fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 31, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
No problem. I thank the contributors to the Bully Wiki, for uncovering and contributing all the facts I merely listed.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Inside Russell beats heart of warrior poet.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I can´t wait for Rockstar to get RDR 2 done and over with so I can start hoping for a Bully 2.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Thanks for LPing this game! It really was nice seeing Bully again. :)

After watching it, it feels like Jimmy's supporting characters are underused, but got just enough scenes to make you like them. Aside from how Zoe should have appearied much earlier, Russell could have also been used in more missions. And it's a shame Pete wasn't there in the final battle with you.

As for Gary, Rockstar really did a good job making him hateable, and kicking his rear end here was so cathartic. Not really sure I buy him claiming Jimmy's an idiot for thinking they're friends though. Jimmy seemed like he saw what Gary's about from the start and just barely tolerated him.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
My advice for Bully 2- include a Streets of Rage style Arcade mode where you fight all the characters from both games in a beat em up. And you can play as several characters including Jimmy, Zoe, Pete, and Russell. Zoe and Pete have learned to fight better, Jimmy has all his moves, Russell is unchanged. Rockstar did something like that for the Warriors, it could work here.

“Russell likes to hurt people for peace!”

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

achtungnight posted:

My advice for Bully 2- include a Streets of Rage style Arcade mode where you fight all the characters from both games in a beat em up. And you can play as several characters including Jimmy, Zoe, Pete, and Russell. Zoe and Pete have learned to fight better, Jimmy has all his moves, Russell is unchanged. Rockstar did something like that for the Warriors, it could work here.

“Russell likes to hurt people for peace!”

This would be incredible and I fully support this idea. I wonder if fans have broached the subject with Rockstar yet?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
I think the primary problem with a Bully 2 happening is Rockstar's shift to online modes (and those drat sharkcards).

Even if a Bully 2 happened, it would probably be riddled with...questionable...money making schemes.

And yes, maybe I am just a jaded cynical person now. I would love to be wrong here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antherus
Apr 12, 2008

mauman posted:

I think the primary problem with a Bully 2 happening is Rockstar's shift to online modes (and those drat sharkcards).

Even if a Bully 2 happened, it would probably be riddled with...questionable...money making schemes.

And yes, maybe I am just a jaded cynical person now. I would love to be wrong here.

I've run into some of this with GTA V. Not a huge fan of the change.

Anyway, I think this is a good point to close the thread. I'll see you guys on the Youtubes.

Winter is coming ...

• Locked thread