Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i think my favorite thing about bully is that everyone i've ever met who truly hated it (as opposed to 'couldn't get into it') did so because they couldn't identify with jimmy

this invariably ended up being because they were one of the other characters in the game, who are pretty much entirely terrible, terrible people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

achtungnight posted:

Get in enough trouble, Authority Figures will constantly chase you and try to grab you, as can be seen in the videos. Jimmy can usually escape or fight them off, but sometimes it can be a challenge. You can knock out other kids, but never Adults or Authority Figures- violence can only knock them down and hold them back for a bit

what is your criteria for knocked down? it's entirely possible to KO a prefect or crabblesnitch's secretary by spamming firecrackers at them, and cops in particular have a weird saunter in their AI that makes them possible to punch down. if you can deplete their health they go into the same "OH GOD WHAT A WORLD" squirming heap that everyone else does.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

just checked - rando townies can also be knocked the gently caress out though it's pretty difficult to do it without expending firecrackers or a cop getting involved

townies are not in the habit of attacking jimmy as well so there's not a ton of point to doing that.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Edit: Wow. On that "Let's go pick up the bear now!" line it sounded like Pinky's actress blew the hell out of the audio.
there's a lot of rough edges that Bully has that only show up if you look at it through HD eyes, be those graphical HD or audio HD.

if you pay attention the next time ant accepts a mission, you might see the JPG artifacting around the mission title!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

amigolupus posted:

It really strikes me as tone-deaf of the game's theme that Earnest or Thad get no comeuppance whatsoever for the poo poo they pulled. Same with Mr. Burton getting Jimmy to do a panty raid on a bunch of high school girls. It's like Rockstar wanted to say bullying is bad, but doing poo poo like this is just boys being boys. :rolleyes:
man that sure is an opinion you've got there

• Locked thread