Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I loved this game but feel it's EU title is better at describing what it is: Canis Canem Edit. Literally translates to Dog Eat Dog, which is more representative of the situation at hand because the Bullying problem is a symptom of Bullworth's problems, not it's cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
By the way, I've noticed you are 4 videos in on your channel, were you planning on releasing them in the thread on a weekly basis to keep them spread out or did you just forget to post the links?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like Gary - as a villain. He's a really effective villain and he is clever and fun to watch be an absolute rear end in a top hat.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think the only non-teacher character in the game that I hate is Ernest but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Antherus' "Gaming Prowess":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLKR9tCiwvA

And goddamnit I just realised the pun in Rich Kid Blues - The Blue checked outfits that they all wear. After all I think police uniforms are also described sometimes as "Blues". Never occurred to me that the obvious meaning wasn't the whole thing. And yeah Russel's pretty great. Him and Petey are the only characters that don't cowtow to their new leader, and use Jimmy as an example rather than a crutch. Petey attempts to be genuinely friendly towards Jimmy and is the first one to try to stand up to Gary by warning Jimmy about his ability to take things out of context (and is punished for it in the same scene) and Russel is loyal, yet independent.

Together they form the pillars of Jimmy's influence - Pete as the emotionally open yet mentally strong character, and Russel as the physical strength.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 3, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Since they are both on the same side now it would have been nice to see Pete and Russel doing something together like watching TV or playing a simple board game.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I dislike shop class because it only gives you one chance per go - screw up once on easy to screw up prompts, and you fail.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Seeing Jimmy's total lack of safety equipment in Chemistry bugs me. At least put the goggles on.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Something cool with Pinky is this - she doesn't pull the "Do you know who I am?" kind of schtick that the other preppies do - she knows that there is no reason for Jimmy to have heard of her and she's fine with that. Also other than Petey she is the only character who sees through Gary's crap. She's naive and spoiled, but maybe a better judge of character than she may let on.

Edit: Wow. On that "Let's go pick up the bear now!" line it sounded like Pinky's actress blew the hell out of the audio.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 11, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like to think Eunice grows up to look like Pam Ferris as Agatha Trunchbull in the Matilda movie, just a huge pile of muscle and confidence. Just much nicer.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

winterwerefox posted:

Meaning she doesnt count, or you shouldnt ever kiss her? Cause she is my kiss health buff waifu.

That it's possible to 100% the game without kissing her once - the other girls kiss you as part of events. Christy needs to be sought out.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like that from this point on Pete is slowly becoming more confident. Rather than cowering and whining at Gary, the greaser kid comes in and he starts firing little barbs at him, showing how much stronger he's becoming under Jimmy's influence. He's probably one of the more interesting characters in the story by the end due to this newfound confidence.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm not a fan of Johnny, him and the Nerd leader are the worst leaders IMO. They're just awful people and not in a funny way. Lola's pathetic too though, so they kind of deserve each other.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The best bus driver in media is obvious to anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka9wDpNx2ag

He just loves his job so much. I :h: that movie.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think my personal favourite Sky High line is between Will's parents:

"I mean, it's not like we can throw him into a vat of toxic waste... *beat*hmmmm..."
"STEVE!"
"You're right, you're right... I mean were would we even get a vat of..."
"STEVE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

While Lola's annoying I don't mind Johnny as much, because he's not just paranoid, but totally obsessive. He seems not to be using hyperbole but to geniunely think everyone is against him even when they have barely interacted. He may be diagnosable with Chronic Paranoia. It just doesn't help that Lola really is cheating on him, it's just that Johnny thinks it's with everyone and not just those she finds useful and is therefore unable to see that he himself is just another useful idiot to her.

• Locked thread