Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Good luck LPing this game. Speaking as a fan, your first video was enjoyable. Keep up the good work, hope you go 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get irritated by girls like Beatrice too, though more for the manipulation and cold sores than the deluded fantasies. I can put up with the latter, but coupled with the former, no thanks.

My favorite girls in the game are the last girl we’ll meet- no spoilers- and also the two generic girls Christy (redhead with ponytail) & Angie (pigtails & glasses, Asian chick). If you can catch the latter two characters in a cat fight, you should definitely show it off.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Russell is my favorite character in this game. I look forward to his bio. Darby is a close second, I look forward to that bio too.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Coolguye posted:

i think my favorite thing about bully is that everyone i've ever met who truly hated it (as opposed to 'couldn't get into it') did so because they couldn't identify with jimmy

this invariably ended up being because they were one of the other characters in the game, who are pretty much entirely terrible, terrible people

Zoe’s ok. Also Petie and Russell once they overcome their issues. And a lot of characters aren’t detailed enough for one to really form a good opinion of them.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 3, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
BioEnchanted- I've heard it mentioned that for the final mission, Jimmy and his friends form the Classic Hero Five-Person Group. Jimmy is the Hero/Leader. Petie is the Smart Guy. Russell is the Tough Guy. We still have yet to meet the Helper and the Girl. There is sadly no Sidekick or Quiet Religious Guy Who Ends Up Going Crazy.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I would like the chance to randomly beat up Gary too. Also some of the Faction Bosses who don't appear wandering around, even at the end of the game (Darby is one of these). Russell is the only Faction Boss who can appear wandering around, and picking on him usually isn't a great idea.

One thing Antherus hasn't touched on much is the diversity of ways you can interact with characters in this game. I'll discuss this a little, trying to avoid spoilers mostly.

All characters can be picked on in various ways. Be aware that bullying and violence can build your Trouble Meter, however. Directing it toward Girls or Little Kids builds it faster, and directing it at Adults or Authority Figures (Prefects, Teachers, Dr. Crabblesnitch and his secretary, some others we'll see later) faster still.

Get in enough trouble, Authority Figures will constantly chase you and try to grab you, as can be seen in the videos. Jimmy can usually escape or fight them off, but sometimes it can be a challenge. You can knock out other kids, but never Adults or Authority Figures- violence can only knock them down and hold them back for a bit. Apologies are only effective against minor crimes (yellow Trouble Meter, not red), and you have to pass various levels of English Class for the apologies to work and lower your Trouble Meter. Escaping is usually a better idea- and here travel enhancing items like the Skateboard are very helpful. So are Marbles, Stink Bombs, and Itching Powder if thrown at your pursuers. Of greatest help are areas where Authority Figures never appear or follow you like the Boys' Dorm and other hideouts we'll unlock later. Get to one of them, you're safe to relax till the heat's off.

There are many ways to bully people. Punching, wedgies; throwing stink bombs, firecrackers, eggs, etc.; pulling the fire alarm, Kick Me signs, putting people in trash cans- we've seen all that. I'm not sure if we've yet seen Lockering (putting someone into a locker and slamming the door). Shove Taunts we've seen, the special rear Shove Taunt you can do with Girls has not yet been shown off (it is kinda rude). I don't engage in bullying much when I play, though- it's fun but I don't like to set off the Trouble Meter. Something special happens if you're caught and it's high. Antherus has yet to show that off, so I won't spoil it. I hope he addresses it (and the non 100% rewards available) at some point, particularly the unique Trouble-Caught event available in Chapter 3.

It is also not possible as far as I know to get people to give you money for bullying them, although you can be told to pay up for your own bullying by those who bully you. Jimmy has to make extra money in other ways- I'll let Antherus continue showing them off as they're unlocked. The main way in the early game is by completing Missions and Errands.

Positive interaction is also possible as well as negative. It is possible to verbally praise (or mock) any character in the game. There's a large amount of varied lines for this. If you praise certain people, you can also get benefits from them.

The main benefit Antherus has shown off is the ability to kiss Girls for extra Health. For this, you need (in the beginning) gifts for the Girls- flowers or chocolates. As you pass Art Class Levels, your Kisses get more effective. The gifts always work with the Non-Faction Girls- Asian Angie, Redhead Christy. BBW Eunice only likes chocolates. For the Faction Girls such as Beatrice (Nerds) and Mandy (Jocks), you need to complete their Missions to get them to like you first. As has been discussed, you can also get some Boys to kiss you- you have to figure out which ones for yourself, although there are some hints in the game and guides online. Jimmy can't ever kiss anyone outside his age group.

You can also hire Boys from each Faction to follow you around and defend you after you max out their Faction's Respect. Russell and the Bullies have already been unlocked for this via completing Chapter 1, and we'll get Respect from the other Factions in later chapters. You can't hire Non-Faction Boys. It's also not always wise to hire some Factions- Jocks do go after Nerds a lot and Greasers tend to harass Preps and vice versa. You might not think Nerds make effective defenders, but considering they are often armed with Firecrackers and other projectile weapons... Attack your defender or members of their Faction, they stop working for you. Hide too often from them, they can also get bored and wander off. And as is usual in video games, wander too far away and they will stop following you. You also don't want to take people into a rival Faction's hangout unless you want a fight. You can only hire one defender at a time (shame, I'd love to roll with a posse like in GTA San Andreas), it costs $1, and you can't hire the Boys you can Romance after you pass Art 1 (this is key to discovering them).

There are seven Factions total- Non-Factions, Bullies, Preps, Greasers, Nerds, Jocks, and Townies. Adults, Little Kids, and Authority Figures exist outside these Factions. Each Faction has unique members- 7 or 8 Boys, a Leader, and one Girl. One of the Boys in each Faction is always tougher than the others- Davis for the Bullies for example. Usually they're a unique Boss Fight at some point. The Leader is always a Boss Fight. The only Faction without a Leader, a Tough Guy, or a Hangout is the Non-Factions- they have three Girls instead (Angie, Christy, Eunice). They're also the only Faction Jimmy can't hire and whose Respect he doesn't have to worry about. One Faction does not have a Boy you can kiss in it, but I won't reveal which one at this time. The other six all have such a Boy. The only Faction with no Girls (they also have no Dodgeball Team in addition to the Non-Factions) is the Bullies, they also have only 7 Boys instead of 8.

The characters become more defined for many players when they reach Chapter 3 and unlock the Collectible Yearbook Photographs. Before that, they're usually just faces in the crowd and only mean something extra if you encounter them in a Mission or interact with them often for personal reasons (I like redheads and Asian Girls, so Christy & Angie gets lots of kisses in my games). But they do take on more personality over time.

I'll mention what I know of various unique characters as their Bios are mentioned. I'll save Jimmy, Petie, and Gary till after the final mission to avoid game spoilers. I'll also get any characters not Bioed at that point- if this is okay with Antherus. I can stop it if requested.

A lot of this comes from the Bully Wiki.

For the Bullies-

Bullies can be spotted easily by their untucked white shirts. In Chapter 1, they are a frequent easily defeated enemy.

They have no official Hideout, but they are more aggressive in the school parking lot area. They generally wander all over the place, usually picking on everybody, the weak more often than the strong. Other Factions don't usually bother them much. The Bullies are just above the Nerds and the Non-Factions in the school's pecking order- this means they don't often go after the Preps, Greasers, or Jocks. They generally always go after Jimmy on sight during Chapter 1, especially after Defend Bucky. After you complete the Chapter (Defeat Russell), they calm down and don't bother Jimmy unless he bothers them first. This stays in effect for the remainder of the game. They do bother his hired defenders, though.

- Russell is the Leader of the Bullies, the biggest and strongest. He is always nice to Jimmy on sight after Chapter 1- you don't even need to compliment him first to hire him as a defender. Have another defender or tease him first, then apologize, to make him act normally. In early game development, he was originally the Leader of the Dropouts or Punks Factions, but both of these groups were dropped from the Bully story over time. Russell is the most effective defender you can hire, and he also can't be bullied with many special moves, including Lockering and Wedgies. The only ones that work are Shove Taunt and Trip. Russell also has the most unique fighting style among the Bullies with wrestling moves, higher damage and stamina, high blocking power, and the ability to break out of grapples.

- Davis (small, brown hair) is the fastest Bully, even faster than Jimmy when sprinting. As seen in the Mission The Setup, you have to defeat him to get the Slingshot. He is also the most effective runner among the Bullies and the best with ranged attacks.

- Ethan (black guy) claims to be into Ninjas and Martial Arts, but his fighting style is no different from anyone else's.

- Tom (T-shirt, New York accent, brown hair, black eye) is a bit older and more mature than the others. He is the Bully with the fewest on-screen appearances outside free roam.

- Trent (blonde hair, California Valley accent) is the Bully Jimmy can kiss. He's also a member of the Photography and Drama Clubs and talks a lot about how much he enjoys kissing Girls. He has the most on-screen appearances in Missions. He wears an Edna Mask during Halloween.

- Troy (red hair) is a frequent enemy in Chapter 1 but doesn't show up much afterwards. He's the most violent and easily confused Bully.

- Wade (brown hair, big nose) is the first Bully to confront and fight Jimmy at Bulworth. He may be related to Christy, as they share the same last name (Martin). He is the most rage-filled and resentful of the group. He is also the only character who can be hostile to Jimmy without prior bullying from Jimmy and 100% Faction Respect- do the Errand where he steals a Little Girl's Teddy Bear.

Of the other characters so far addressed-

- Dr. Crabblesnitch is an alumnus of Bulworth and a former Prefect. He was also the School History Teacher before he became Headmaster. He occasionally can be seen wandering around the school and can be attacked, shoved, taunted, and wedgied as freely as any other Adult. Be aware, though, that if he starts chasing you, he is one of the very few characters besides Jimmy who can never run out of stamina.

- Miss Danvers is Dr. Crabblesnitch's secretary and the voice on Bulworth Academy's PA system. She may or may not be having an affair with Dr. Crabblesnitch per in-game dialogue. She was originally supposed to give Jimmy a complete tour of the School Grounds during the first game Mission (Welcome to Bulworth), but this was scrapped for some reason.

I'll address Beatrice when we see the rest of her Faction, the Nerds.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Did not know this (that you can KO some adults). I may have to try it out.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Thanks for staging the catfight. :D

Apologies for being mistaken about when we unlock the Camera and associated collectibles. It has been a while since I played. :( Chapter 3 will still show off how much the characters are individualized in a special way, though- wait and see.

Regarding Mr. Galloway- yes, we will be seeing him again. I regret I don't have much to say about him that wasn't already in the LP Bio.

I'm not a big fan of Algie either. The only Nerd I really like is Melvin. He amuses me. The others are bleah.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I hate Lola too. I’ll explain why after her bio is posted even though it probably won’t be necessary. No sense giving imitators delusions by not driving home what a bad character she is.

Any teachers or other characters you don’t plan on giving a bio? I can cover them on my end a bit if necessary. Surprised you’re doing Hattrick this early, but I trust you’re saving spoilers for the late game.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
OK, then I'll plan for the following future articles-

Bulworth Faculty & Staff- addresses all the teachers and staff members of the school at once, including those not that important to the plot. Won't include Galloway, Crabblesnitch, and Danvers since I already addressed them.

Non-Clique Kids- Covers the kids not in any of the school's Factions and the Little Kids.

Prominent Townspeople- Any Bulworth residents of note.

I'll also do side reports on the Faction Members after they are addressed by you similar to what I've already done for the Bullies.

Didn't know updated bios were in your plans before. :) Looking forward to them.

Keep up the good work.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Alright, this seems a good time for this article.

Non-Prominent Non-Faction Students of Bulworth

These characters are just generic students of Bulworth and have little bearing on the story. They're in the background. However, they still have unique dialogue and distinct personalities. Some of them even pop up in Missions now and then.

The four Non-Faction students who are more prominent- Christy, Angie, Eunice, and Constantinos- will appear in a separate article at a later time.

Non-Faction Students

These are average kids attending Bulworth- the school's grade system is not clear, so it's hard to say exactly how old they are. The Non-Faction Students of Jimmy's age are just generic kids, mostly. Often one can find them getting picked on by Bullies or other Faction students. Sometimes they socialize with Faction students also, and it is possible they may aspire to join those Factions when they are older or the Factions become willing to recruit them. They do not harass other Students, except each other and the Nerds on occasion (everyone can be mean to the Nerds). They usually don't attack Jimmy unless attacked first, but may tattle on him if they witness him bullying people.

The general attitude of these kids towards Jimmy is an average of all the Factions', excluding Townies', Respect Levels. Generally it is easy to direct their behavior towards supportive or hostile, though, depending on your actions.

Non-Prominent Non-Faction Boys

Gordon is a wannabe Prep, very crude in language and arrogant snob in attitude. He claims to be recruited by Ivy League schools, but his grades or income may not be up to that in reality. Dresses as Jason Voorhees on Halloween.

Ivan claims to have leprosy and sleep disorders, but this may or may not be true. He claims friendship with Jocks and can be seen holding hands with Angie now and then.

Lance is pleasant most of the time, only conceited on occasion. He is one of the few students at Bulworth with no interest in bullying or the social order. Very laid-back.

Ray is overweight with a wild imagination, big into reading and videogames. He's also the worst male fighter in the school, can only shove you. This probably kept him out of the Nerds Faction. Occasionally he and Eunice hold hands.

Trevor is the goal-oriented type, hates the rowdy atmosphere at Bulworth and tries to stay under the radar. He dresses as a Werewolf on Halloween and may also be trying to join the Bullies that night- he attacks Jimmy using their fighting style on that Mission only.

Next article will be on the Non-Faction Little Kids, then I'll do one on the Preps, including Pinky, Darby (I spell his name how it's pronounced, probably irritates him, that's fine by me), and Biff.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Had to shift plans around a bit. I watched some of the videos ahead of time but forgot the mission placement, then watched them again to refresh my memory. Oh well, let's catch up on girls.

Pinky, predictably, dresses as a Princess on Halloween. She also packs a slingshot on that Mission only (usually girls just push and slap you when fighting) and it's the only time she wanders around the school. Otherwise you have to look for her in a specific location like the Football Field, Harrington House, or Girls Dorm. She can be found wandering Old Bulworth Vale and the Carnival at any time.

Pinky is a cheerleader for the Bulworth Bulls along with Mandy, Christy, and Angie. The game considers all these characters Jocks when in cheerleading uniform despite their respective cliques.

Girls like Pinky aren't that attractive to me personally. I can appreciate the good heart others have mentioned, but the snobby elitism just doesn't do it for me at all.

Beatrice- reviewed the Wiki today and my own gaming memories. Not much I can say about her that hasn't already been said. Oh well.

Christy is a gossipy girl with high interest in making out and the social order. Occasionally she also muses about fire and suicide in her dialogue, an interesting contrast. She is potentially the only kissable girl at Bulworth Jimmy can never kiss in a 100% completion game (we get Angie after Art 1, Eunice and the Faction Girls in Missions).

Angie is a shy girl. Like Christy, she enjoys gossip, but hers is more up to date while Christy's concentrates on the rumor mill. Dresses as a witch on Halloween. As has been shown off in a video, Angie is also the only girl who can appear in the Boys Dorm (it's a glitch).

Eunice is insecure and moody a lot of the time, but also one of the nicer girls at Bulworth. I say this because she is the only character who will still kiss Jimmy when he is wearing outfits that make most people laugh at him on sight. This includes the Alien Costume and a few other things we haven't seen yet. That's true love right there.

Eunice is also the first girl Jimmy can be nice to and kiss in the game (first Mission, This is Your School).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The latest video prompts this article from me. Also, thanks, Antherus/Archangel, for showing off the Detention Snow Shoveling. Usually you just have to mow lawns when busted, but in the winter things are different. :) Pity you can't get out of your punishment any way other than doing it. I too like to attack...

The Prefects

These four seniors wander Bulworth's campus enforcing rules. Jimmy crosses paths with them at his peril. They are not in the Yearbook, nor are they seen attending Classes. Easily spotted as red dots on the radar or by their blue suits and large stature. They can bust not only Jimmy, but almost anyone else they see breaking the law. Occasionally they can be seen in Bulworth town- in this case they have been documented busting Townsfolk for law violations. If the criminal escapes, they try to make Citizen's Arrest on the Prefects and are then busted by the Police in response. Jimmy is their preferred target over anyone else, and they usually only bust female characters for curfew and trespassing, ignoring them otherwise. In the early development of Bully it was possible to bribe Prefects to leave Jimmy alone, but that was changed. They also carried paddles or police style batons in early development and wore red vests.

Karl- Leader of the group per the game data files. Shorter than many students, but has no trouble busting them. Extreme authoritarian, like all Prefects. His background is unknown.

Seth- The most prominent prefect, toughest of the bunch and in charge of overseeing Detention. Also worst of the bunch in terms of abusing authority, though they all do that to some degree and enjoy it. Former Bully, really enjoys beating people up.

Max- Second in command per the game data files. Comes up with unique insults such as "smearwipe" and "toiletstain". Aspires to be a police officer one day and may be a former Jock.

Edward- Former Prep, now a Prefect. Very arrogant and stuck-up. Only one of the group to wear glasses. Suffers from athsma and STDs along with overblown pride.

Prefects are almost never nice to Jimmy. One particular outfit we don't get till Chapter 5 does allow it, though. I'll mention that when we get there if Antherus does not.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Burton is a jack hole all right. My favorite Bulworth faculty member is the Biology teacher. The latest video with the mission to kill the plant is why. “2 sides to Biology, boy! Life... and Death!”

I’ll post character notes in the afternoon probably, see you then.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Little Kids

These are middle school kids or younger that are attending Bulworth. They are seen attending Jimmy's Classes on occasion, so maybe they're in high school early for some reason. The Little Kids are not Jimmy's age group, so he can't kiss or hire them. He can pick on them and knock them down easily, but this automatically gets him a high Trouble Meter.

Karen is probably the most prominent of the Little Kids. She gives Jimmy two Errands and can be seen in multiple Missions. Karen is a sports enthusiast and likes to chat with Jocks. She even gets along with Mr. Burton- thanks to the last video we all know why that's worrisome.

Melody is a stereotype "goody two shoes" who claims to love school. But she's also the only one of the kids who uses foul language and she admits an attraction to bad boys, including Jimmy. She's the one who catches Jimmy on the "Panty Raid" mission and pulls the fire alarm.

Gloria is the only black female student at Bulworth. She was originally an older kid- her flirt and kiss dialogue can be found in the game data files. It's not clear why this was changed. She is a philosophy and history enthusiast, very gossipy and conceited.

Pedro is the smallest student at Bulworth and one of the few Hispanics. He calls Jimmy 'sir', is extremely paranoid and meek, has mommy issues- this all makes him a frequent target for the Bullies. Pedro and Sheldon do not spawn inside the Boys' Dorm because with no Authority Figures there, this would make Jimmy able to harass them without consequence. Pedro is the only Little Kid out on Halloween night, when he wears a mummy costume and gives a prank errand. Harassing him or the girls during that night will make the prefects spawn.

Sheldon is a teacher's pet type. He claims the teachers are his best friends, but they hate him for being bratty and annoying.

Next up- the Preps or possibly Non-Prominent Teachers depending on how many more videos are in Chapter 2.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Preps

Third in the hierarchy of Bulworth Factions below Jocks and Greasers are these rich kids, who may be based on the Socs from the classic gang novel The Outsiders. They can be identified by their nicely styled hair, blue sweater vests, and snobby elitist attitudes. The main provider of their clothing, Aquaberry, is an combination of two real-life British clothing brands, Aquascutum and Burberry. They usually fight with a boxing style (only Bif really has elaborate moves) and throw eggs at range. Their usual hangouts include Harrington House on the Bulworth Campus (their clique's exclusive frat house type dormitory), the Bulworth Boxing Gym, and Old Bulworth Vale (the neighborhood which houses their many elaborate mansions). Occasionally they also wander into the Library or the Auto Shop area, although the latter can be very dangerous for them due to their rivalry with the Greasers. The Preps mostly command influence though family money and spreading it around.

Here are the male members-

- Derby (pronounced Darby) is the leader of the group, the most elitist and blue-blooded, probably the richest too. Of all the Faction leaders, he never gives in to Jimmy even after being beaten down in a fight. While he is a master manipulator like Gary, Derby has no interest in running things at Bulworth because he considers himself above the crowd. Like all Faction Leaders except Russell, Derby does not appear outside cutscenes and missions. Good thing you get his Yearbook picture automatically by beating him as a Boss (I usually take it during the fight anyway for completion).

One strategy I usually employ in Derby's Boss Battle that was not shown off in the video- you can block off the doors that access Derby's room by pulling down the yellow bars beside them. It takes a few seconds, so you want to clear out enemies near you before trying. If you block both doors, Derby can't summon flunkies and stops hiding behind the bar. The battle then becomes even easier than it already is.

- Bif is the tough guy among the Preps because of his boxing champion status. He is one of the few characters who can often dodge Jimmy's attacks- this makes him a formidable opponent in free roam. As mentioned, he can also not be grappled. His low-brow affiliations have already been addressed. Bif strangely does not appear in the game's final mission where you must fight all the Faction Leaders in free roam- even though every other Faction tough guy does.

- Tad is the number two man among the Preps, the second richest after Derby. We'll see his family business, Spencer Shipping, later in the game. Their estate is in the middle of Old Bulworth Vale, and is big enough that their garage has its own address. In the Bully Facebook, Tad said that his parents primarily chose Bulworth because it was so expensive, and that "high prices equal high quality." He has serious issues with an abusive father and being new money rather than old money, and longs to take over the clique from Derby. He is probably the most easily manipulated of the group too- we've seen Gary leading him on in videos, and Garys not the only one who does that to Tad is all I'll say right now.

- Chad is the token minority Prep. We bullied his dog during the Big Prank Mission on Halloween night- he is the only Bulworth student to have a pet on campus. His right hand is always bandaged- this may be a boxing injury or a dog bite. Very whiny and insecure about his appearance. Has joined and then quit various school clubs, including Track and Glee. Chad always appears in the boxing ring at the boxing club, sparring with Justin. Sometimes his standard free-roam model will appear in the club while the boxing model is in the ring.

- Gord is the bisexual Prep Jimmy can kiss. He is very uptight about his clothing and insulting the poor- he considers them forbidden fruit like Pinky but not in a good way IMO. Missing audio dialogue in the game data files suggest he is attracted to Jock Girl Mandy and wishes she were his cousin so his father could approve their marriage.

- Bryce is the second toughest member of the Preps after Bif, he claims to know several forms of Eastern martial arts- and can sometimes use them in free roam combat. Outside that, his dialogue suggests his family is currently losing money due to his father's bad business decisions and he has to work at the yacht club to pay his way through school.

- Justin is the Prep most into sports. He wants to ally with the Jocks, challenges Jimmy to a swimming race, and boxes with Chad at the Gym. He is also the most cowardly of the Preps in a fight, and the one who uses the "Peon" insult. Justin is the Prep who tells Jimmy he's not eligible to win the million dollar house.

- Parker is the Token Good Teammate among the Preps- he is entitled and looks down on people, but will compliment those who defeat him in dodgeball and advise people who fight him to run away rather than insult them. Dresses as Dracula on Halloween and hands out itching powder. Can also be seen throwing firecrackers in a game Mission yet to come.

Looking forward to Chapter 3. We may have beaten the Preps down, but their place in the story isn't done by a longshot.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Glad I could teach you something fun to do. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I personally consider the Hobo a teacher at Bulworth. His self-defense classes are very important to completing the game, more useful than a lot of the regular curriculum.

On that note, here's a listing for the Non-Prominent Teachers at Bulworth. I consider these characters of limited importance to the plot- definitely less so than the Prominent Teachers Mr. Galloway, Mr. Burton, Mr. Hattrick, & Ms. Phillips- they figure in a few missions and free roam on occasion (they are authority figures to watch out for when causing trouble) but otherwise interaction with them is mostly confined to class. Many of them were given more prominent roles in the Scholarship Edition, and some (Peters and Matthews) were created exclusively for that expansion.

Mr. Matthews is the Geography Teacher. Because he adores his subject and is nice to others most of the time, he is considered one of the better, friendlier teachers on campus. Occasionally he chats about being an archeologist similar to Indiana Jones- no indication if this is truth or dementia. Never appears outside his Class.

Neil (last name unknown) is the Shop Teacher. He is gruff in class and seems to have a love-hate relationship with the students, more so than any other teacher. Random dialogue suggests he may have been a Greaser Leader when he attended Bulworth. It's only possible to encounter him outside the Shop with a Hex Editor- that he makes a lot of anti-fascist and anti-communist comments in his dialogue that could have hurt game sales in some countries may be part of the reason why his movement was restricted so.

Ms. Peters is the Music Teacher. She is a laid-back hippy type, but this hides one of the worst adult bullies at the school, as can be seen in the Scholarship Edition Mission Nutcrackin'. Like Miss Phillips and Dr. Slawter, she is one of the Teachers who actually likes Jimmy and will be generally nice to him when encountered outside her Class (this is generally only possible with a Hex Editor as she's a Scholarship Edition exclusive character).

Dr. Watts is the Chemistry Teacher. Chemistry is his hobby as well as his Class, and he has inhaled so many fumes over the years he has slight brain damage, evidenced by frequent confusion, obsession with his subject, and other 'absent-minded professor' traits.

Dr. Slawter is the Biology Teacher. He is morbid and death-obsessed, dislikes the Preppies, and enjoys taxidermy.

Mr. Wiggins is the History Teacher. We never have any Classes featuring this character, but we can still see him wandering the campus spouting off random comments about historical events like the Magna Carta. He is dismissive when addressed.

Next post will cover the Bulworth Non-Teaching Staff and come after the next update.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Who is a worse human being, Lola or Edna? Hard to decide... I'll further comment on Lola after Antherus posts her character bio, for now...

Bulworth Staff

These are people employed by Bulworth Academy that do not teach Classes but still perform vital school functions. I already commented on Dr. Crabblesnitch, the Prefects, and Ms. Danvers and I don't have anything more to say about them right now. The others we see in the game are-

Edna (last name unknown) is the School Cook. In addition to what has already been commented as unpleasant about her, I'll note that she likes to joke about being the only person on campus allowed to have a weapon. I'll also note that she is a cranked-up version of Doris, the unpleasant School Lunch Lady on the Simpsons with similar views on food hygiene. Edna likes to call the students 'punks'. If provoked, she can fight with the same moves and stamina level as any male authority figure (most female authority figures will just grab you, males will grab you and take you to the ground). She only comes after you if you start trouble in the cafeteria and won't leave it to chase you. Most students dislike Edna- however Jimmy gets along okay with her, Hal of the Greasers has a crush on her, and Sheldon claims she has 7 children attending Bulworth. Unused dialogue files in the game reveal Edna may have been intended as a prank victim of laxative candy (scrapped game weapon) on Halloween Night at one point.

Ms. Carvin is the Librarian. Sadly, she's not the attractive kind of Librarian (IMO). Very old-fashioned and protective of her books. She can come after you if you cause trouble in the Library or the Girls' Dorm.

Mr. Luntz is the Janitor & Shop Attendant. He likes to stand around mumbling about how much he hates his job and plots against the students and faculty, Dr. Crabblesnitch in particular, but nothing ever comes of it. He is the one male adult employed by Bulworth who will actively attack Jimmy if attacked rather than attempt a bust (as all other male authority figures including the Prefects, Police, Male Teachers, and Dr. Crabblesnitch do). You can attack or bully him, but this counts as Violence towards Adults, not as towards Authority Figures. Luntz can still bust you with a Citizen's Arrest, though, so beware (more on this in future article). Other authority figures can chase and bust Luntz if they see him attacking Jimmy or any other student, same as any other male adult. If Luntz is provoked into chasing Jimmy, beware- he sprints almost as fast as Jimmy and never runs out of chase stamina, just like Dr. Crabblesnitch. Luntz appears surprised if greeted nicely by Jimmy. He also manages the School Store. You can get him to jump the counter and attack you if you hit him with the Slingshot repeatedly (the Bully Wiki did not comment on whether other projectile weapons work, but they probably do). Let him chase you into the Basement after doing this and Jimmy is automatically Busted.

Ms. Danica McRae is the School Nurse. She wanders campus and is noted as one of the few medical professionals in the game (unlike GTA, there's no hospital where you respawn in Bully, getting knocked out just warps you to your nearest hideout and fails Missions), but plays no other game role. She can come after you in any area of campus except the Boys' Dorm and Harrington House.

Ms. Peabody is the Girls' Dorm Hall Monitor. She may also be the Home Economics Teacher, but this is never confirmed. Jimmy can always find her in the Girls' Dorm and she is a constant hazard if you have a Mission that takes you inside there (if she sees Jimmy, she automatically throws him out of the building- at least this isn't a bust). She can also be seen wandering the main school building sometimes and will bust Jimmy if he enters the Girls' Bathroom. Peabody is very strict and constantly harangues both girls and boys, the latter of whom she actively dislikes (although she will treat Jimmy positively if he compliments her). She likes to state that Bulworth should be an all-girls school and seems blind to the subtle and blatant sexism on campus (male students outnumbering females, no Hall Monitor in the Boys' Dorm, females only employed in traditional non-male positions, no girls' sports other than Cheerleading, etc).

The Bulworth School Bus Driver is never seen outside his vehicle. He is not animated and has no voice actor. Technically he is part of the Bus graphic, not an actual character. This treatment of him by the game is insulting to the many great School Bus Drivers I have befriended and heard about in my life. As shown in videos, the Bus Driver can warp you back to campus at certain spots in Bulworth Town.

All these characters (other than the Bus Driver) count as authority figures and can bust Jimmy. There are some Townfolk Adults who can't bust Jimmy and I'll probably comment on them after the next update unless it's time to comment on Lola or the male Greasers instead.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
One more comment I have to make- I was disappointed that the 80s Rocker Outfit is counted as a costume that won't let you Kiss Girls (similar to the Ninja Costumes, Christmas Sweater, and other Joke clothing). Either Jimmy doesn't fit the mold or Rock Stars' romantic charisma is greatly exaggerated.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I too enjoy watching Sky High. It's one of many great Disney stories that should be but probably won't be turned into a Kingdom Hearts world. :)

Since we have the four most Prominent Teachers addressed by Antherus now, here are my notes on them.

Prominent Teachers

English Teacher Mr. Galloway- covered him already. Still not more to say. I like his character, but honestly, he's more of a cautionary tale than an inspiration.

Art & Photography Teacher Ms. Phillips- The most prominent female teacher at Bulworth (the only confirmed one other than Ms. Peters) and probably the nicest one overall. She is one of the few characters who does not change their appearance during the Winter Chapters. She is usually nice to Jimmy in cutscenes, but game mechanics keep her nasty as the other Teachers in Free Roam sadly. Most of her dialogue contains Jimmy's name- this sometimes means she calls other students Jimmy when Busting troublemakers in Free Roam funnily enough.

Math Teacher Mr. Hattrick- As noted, he looks down upon both students and other teachers a lot and is probably the worst adult bully in the game. According to Pedro, Mr Hattrick was a sniper in Korea, incidentally the same place that The Hobo's platoon was cut down by friendly fire (some fans speculate he may have even been responsible). Mr. Hattrick is also a widower; his wife committed suicide, although it isn't specified when. He claims that she never understood him.

Gym Teacher Mr. Burton- This guy would IMO be the worst adult bully in the game if he wasn't a stereotype, which makes him easier to excuse, and a pervert, which makes him easier to put down and then avoid if more insidious than Hattrick in some ways.

We will see all these teachers again as the game goes on. All are a big part of the Bully main plot. I can't say more about them than has already been said.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Welcome back!

Greasers

As mentioned, the Greasers are 1950s style tough guys and second in the school hierarchy (the Bully manual has them listed at first by mistake). They usually dress in denim and leather. They hang out by the Bulworth Auto Shop and also roam the run-down area of New Coventry. They often torment the Preppies, the townsfolk, and any other clique that wanders onto their turf. Jimmy has a lot of interaction with them in Chapter 3.

Of all the enemies in the game, Greasers block the most and generally have the second highest stamina level. They can use both weapons and gang-up tactics, but are not particularly specialized in either- it's more about individual physical prowess with them.

Most Greasers come from a poor working-class background. The reason for their conflicts in the game can be narrowed down to two individual idiots- Johnny and Lola. I'll fully address those two in a future article. For now, the individual Greasers include-

Hal is the most overweight Greaser. However, unlike most other characters in the game with extra weight, he does not walk or run slower than others. He likes to use his weight as an advantage in combat, threatening to sit on opponents and making fun of opponents' weight. Hal has variable dialogue about his weight when walking around- sometimes he has no problem with it, sometimes he says he eats to mask emotional pain. He has crushes on both Lunch Lady Edna and generic girl Eunice.

Lefty talks about smoking the most out of the gang, and about girls. Claims to be Bulworth's first Italian-American and that the school needs more of them (most of the Greasers have Italian last names).

Lucky is an unusually mature Greaser- in his attitude at least. Often talks about the value of a good education and an honest day's work. He wears a pumpkin mask on Halloween.

Norton is the token black Greaser and may be their toughest member other than Johnny. Stereotypical tough black guy with a soft side.

Peanut is the Greaser most loyal to Johnny- he talks about pleasing Johnny and Lola a lot in his dialogue. His real name is Larry according to the Prep Chad. Has a Napoleon complex, although he is not much shorter than other characters visibly.

Ricky likes to work on bikes more often than the other Greasers, even to the point where it hurts his social life (he complains about this in dialogue). Somewhat resembles fellow Rockstar video game protagonist Claude (GTA 3).

Vance is the most frequently appearing Greaser outside Chapter 3. He dresses as a pirate on Halloween and also wears the costume when encountered on a deserted island as one video shown off (I sometimes go after him while dressed in a Ninja outfit for fun). Obsessed with his appearance, especially his hair. Vance is the bisexual Greaser whom Jimmy can kiss, although like the others, he has lots of dialogue talking about girls.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Further advice- if you haven't done it already (I haven't watched all your videos) be sure to show off the various ways to earn money in the game at some point. A few people may not be aware of the Dodgeball games and other lucrative pursuits.

I'm starved for characters at the moment and wish to condense info dumps, so I'll comment on Lola and Johnny together after the next couple videos post (presuming your future plans for Chapter 3, if I'm wrong let time correct me).

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Congratulations on graduating! Too bad Jimmy can't get kissed in a mortarboard. I did at my high school graduation. Too bad we can't throw the cap either, that was another fun graduation thing I did. :(

Chapter 4 is only three videos for you? Heh, it usually seems longer to me due to the number of enemies. Oh well, I guess when you think about it, the story arc for their missions are both pretty short.

My notes on Johnny & Lola-

Lola's obsessive attention-seeking and narcissism are off-putting to a lot of fans, myself included. I usually kiss and otherwise interact with her during mandatory missions, then never again unless I have no other choice. Kind of like Antherus and that Demon Angie. :D

Lola's appearance is believed to be modeled after Molly Ringwald, who was popular in teen films during the
1980s such as The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink and Sixteen Candles. Personally, I'm more into Ally Sheedy than Molly Ringwald, wish she had an appearance analogue in the game. :)

You can find Lola on the cover of a magazine in the Bulworth Vale Beauty Salon, hinting at her future career.

Game mechanics- Lola & Pinky often attack each other on sight due to Greaser-Prep rivalry.

In the game, there is evidence Lola is dating Johnny, Gord, Algernon, Chad, Trent, and possibly others. Jimmy is wise to steer clear of her IMO.

Johnny is widely considered the second toughest student at Bulworth among fans (first is Russell). He is definitely one of the more aggressive students. He and Jimmy will have some interaction in the future- I won't spoil it right now except to note that Johnny is one of the few characters in the game to be classified as both an adult and as a teen at different points.

Fun thing- I like to approach Dr. Watts for the Chemical Distribution Mission while wearing the Edna Mask. "Get away, foul vision of Hell!" LOL!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Notes on the Nerds-

Not bothering with pictures for this one since Antherus already listed them.

The Nerds are probably the clique I'd end up in if I attended Bulworth. They seem to fit my general personality and are apparently the most socially supportive of each other. They are unique in that the player spends a lot of the first chapter helping them out, then they kinda disappear from the main story for two chapters. They appear in Chapter 3, but are not that prominent. The first time I played this game, I had to remind myself who they were when I met them again in Chapter 4. Jimmy is placed on their Dodgeball team by Burton and we can keep playing with them at any time against the other cliques once Gym is complete.

All male Nerds wear green sweaters (Beatrice is the exception in a green dress) and often wear glasses as well. These glasses can be knocked off if they are punched a few times- enemies in hats have a similar game mechanic. Antherus has already noted their hangouts and toughness level- they aren't hard to take down physically, but their use of spud guns, bottle rockets, and stink bombs can make them annoying and dangerous. It's good we only have to fight them for one main story mission... or will they become JImmy's enemies again later? Who knows with unpredictable Nerds?

The Faction's male members include-

Earnest- the Leader. I share Antherus's opinion of him. He has high intelligence and is good at planning, but his cowardice, lack of self-responsibility, and ability to be both easily manipulated and distracted get in the way of personal success for him. It'd be scary what Earnest could do if he didn't have his personality problems.

Melvin- Unofficial second-in-command, and the Game Master of the Factions' hobby- Grottoes & Gremlins (a parody of both Dungeons & Dragons in that it involves tabletop roleplaying and Magic: the Gathering in that it involves collectible cards). Seems to be the most normal of the group, except when he is heavily into his hobby. Also the only Nerd whose parents do not support him being such- his dialogue indicates his father is a sports enthusiast and sent Melvin to Bulworth to toughen him up, which Melvin finds misguided.

Algernon/Algie- The Most Prominent Nerd. He appears the most out of the clique and can easily be recognized by his perpetually unzipped pants fly and whiny nasal voice. He is the Nerd with the most health issues- weak bladder, asthma, momma's boy, general cowardice, I won't go on. In early versions of the game, he was named Angus. The least popular student at Bulworth, desperately wants to be more popular, and frequently tries too hard to be so- doing things like speaking in bad ebonics, mouthing off when it's not wise even more than other characters, and making up really lame insults to sound tough. This results in him being one of the most frequently bullied students on campus.

Fatty- Jimmy's wrestling partner. He wears a Grotto Master (Wizard) outfit on Halloween- Jimmy gets this outfit for finding all the Grottoes & Gremlins Cards. His real name is unknown, although early versions of the character were called Francis or Francois. Has terrible eating habits and flatulence.

Bucky- May be the least intelligent of the Nerds- his dialogue states that he is only enthusiastic about science and gets Cs or worse in many subjects. He uses a lot of outdated slang.

Thad- He likes to carry a yardstick and use it as a weapon in combat. One of the more aggressive Nerds, but not much tougher than the rest of them. He actually has an older brother with a different last name among the Jocks according to the Bully Wiki. Dresses as a superhero on Halloween.

Cornelius- The Bisexual One. Member of the Drama Club who played Juliet in the school play even though he would have had to dress in drag for the role. Also the token black member. He may be one of the most studious Nerds, with a 4.0 GPA outside Gym.

Donald- The least prominent Nerd, stereotypical rage-filled type who is arrogant and keeps an enemies list of people "who will be sorry they picked on him one day". Works as Dr. Watts's Lab Assistant and wears an Alien Mask on Halloween. He will not be seen again in Chapter 4- it's possible he refused to help Jimmy even when the other Nerds gave in.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Damon is the biggest pain of the Jocks IMO. He has the most stamina and is the most aggressive. Ted is more boasting than real threat.

I’ll post more about the Jocks from the Wiki when I’m home from work and can access my laptop. Ted & the Jocks will be discussed tomorrow afternoon probably, the peripheral clique members Mandy & Constantinos after the third chapter video.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Wiki Notes on the Jocks-

The Clique in General- I agree that story-wise the Jocks don't get a lot of attention compared to the other cliques and they don't thematically make sense as the final opponents (they're really not, but never mind that now). However, in terms of game mechanics, they are one of the more formidable and detailed enemy groups. Consider the fact that most of them have high stamina and power in their attacks, they use advanced and varied tactics, many carry baseball bats and other weapons, they use both wrestling moves and football gear to protect themselves, they coordinate well together... a lot more could have been done with them but wasn't for whatever reason. They also like to gang up on Jimmy in free roam, it's not uncommon for him to wind up fighting six or seven at once just hanging around the Gym. The fact that they lack ranged attacks outside one mission and rarely block are the only things that make taking them on easier. Also, many of their attacks don't do direct damage, but set you up for attacks by other characters that do damage you (eg the football tackle and other Jock grapple moves).

As Antherus noted, the Jocks wear athletic clothes, including letterman jackets and wrestling or football uniforms, cheerleading in the case of Mandy and her Squad. They hang out around the Bulworth Academy Gym and are rarely seen off campus outside the Carnival. They are also the only clique with more than one black male member. The Jocks can also be noted as the faction with the most enduring disrespect for Jimmy- his actions against them in Chapter 1 make the Jocks aggressive towards Jimmy throughout the game and this is not settled until the end of Chapter 4. They are definitely dangerous enemies you want to run away from quick or test your combat skills against up until then.

The male Jocks include-

Ted, the Leader. He is apparently so successful in football that he even has his own personal trainer and often asks people to call him whenever he is hurt or loses a fight. Ted is also extremely misogynistic and into scoring with girls. He enjoys hyping himself and putting down other people too. Other Jocks usually back him up in this, although some will defame Ted when they are not around him. Ted is very much the stereotype football enthusiast- his dialogue contains a lot of football metaphors and related insults and he's not particularly bright. Ted is notable as being the only clique leader who's not the toughest member of his group in physical attributes or personality- his position is more due to being quarterback and appointed team captain than anything else. Other clique members look up to Ted- Justin of the Preps wants to be his friend and Ted mockingly calls Nerd Algie his little buddy. Like other clique leaders, Ted only appears in missions and has to be coded in to appear in free roam. He remains behind the scenes for the majority of the game, only appearing on screen at pivotal moments when Jimmy is pitted against the Jocks.

Damon is the Number Two Jock, a linebacker on the football team and probably the Left Tackle (thanks, movie The Blind Side)- although he acts as the Center Tackle in the Jocks Boss Fight, guess I don't know much about football. Damon is the toughest member of the group and the most aggressive, usually coming after Jimmy immediately if he sees him (although Ted does the same if added to free roam). Damon is servile to Ted when he's around and likes to repeat everything Ted says. When Ted's not around, he hypes himself up and likes to speculate on how the Jocks would earn more respect if he were in charge. Damon is state-ranked in both football and wrestling. He enjoys pushing people around even more than the other Jocks and jokes that he could take on a gorilla in fisticuffs. Most players rank him the third toughest free roam opponent behind Russell and Biff. He dresses as an astronaut for Halloween. Some other characters speculate Damon is mentally ill. Beta audio files of Bully show Damon was originally written as a Prep, ironic since he really dislikes them in his final version.

Bo is a halfback on the football team, named after real life athlete Bo Jackson. He aspires to be quarterback and plans to go for it after Ted graduates, saying he'll quit Bulworth if he doesn't get the position. He is the only medium-sized Jock other than Ted. Bo values his education more than other Jocks- although not English Class since he doesn't respect Galloway for being a drunk. He seems to be the most decent of the group, like Parker among the Preps. However, he dislikes Jimmy for unknown reasons and this is always referenced in his dialogue and attitude, whatever Jimmy's standing with the Jocks in general.

Casey is another fullback on the football team. He is very girl crazy and calls people 'buddy' a lot. He may be on steroids. Very full of himself. Wears a Devil Mask on Halloween. Mostly in the background of the Jocks during cutscenes, although he can appear in both his football gear and normal clothes as an enemy (sometimes in multiple instances in the same fight!).

Dan is a smaller Jock, older brother of Thad from the Nerds even though they have different last names. He enjoys beating up Nerds more than the rest of his clique, and his dialogue in fact suggests he may have been a Nerd before he made the football team. His football team position is either cornerback or safety.

Juri is the main wrestler of the Jocks, more into that sport than football. He may have been put into the game as a replacement for Bob (see below). Like Chad of the Preppies, he always has a bandage on his left wrist for some reason. Never seen in football uniform and his position on the team is unknown (all Jocks are members though). Various dialogue shows that Juri does not speak English well and that he is very much against girls and "girly men".

Kirby is another small Jock, possibly the backup quarterback of the football team per game beta files. Officially, he plays wide receiver on the football team, and brags that he is the youngest student at Bulworth to earn such a position. Doesn't have much self-esteem for activities other than football, though. Kirby is the token Bisexual Jock Jimmy can kiss and is in fact seen on a date with Bully Trent in Chapter 2. He has a turbulent relationship with the other Jocks, possibly due to this and hazing conducted on him by the team.

Luis is the other wrestling enthusiast among the Jocks, usually Juri's sparring partner. He is a smarter Jock who does his own homework and is more into soccer than football- he in fact can challenge Jimmy to a Keep-Ups minigame near the Gym in free roam. Like Casey, he is a linebacker and may be on steroids thanks to Mr. Burton. Dialogue reveals he grew up in New Coventry but joined the Jocks over the Greasers due to his sports enthusiasm and ability to beat up the other Jocks. He still has a grudge against the Preps, like Damon, though.

Bob is a deleted character who still appears in a few game cutscenes. Bob was an openly homosexual wrestling enthusiast Jock- in fact so into wrestling he considered it sexual. This may be why he was removed from the game.

The Jocks are also notable for being able to absorb other cliques' members into their Faction at times. Mandy, the Cheer Captain, is a Jock at all times. In the missions where her squad- Christy, Angie, and Pinky- appear in their cheerleading uniforms, they are Jocks and react to Jimmy as such despite their usual treatment of him while in their regular clothes (and his Prep Respect Level in the case of Pinky). The same is also true of another non-Faction student named Constantinos who is an honorary member of the Jocks by virtue of his position as Bulworth Bullhorns Mascot. I'll talk more about this student- and Mandy- after the next video goes up.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Jock Peripherals-

Mandy- Not much I can say about her that wasn't already said, except that I too appreciated her as one of the more real members of the cast. The Jocks may have been a lackluster final obstacle to Jimmy's social takeover of Bulworth, but as a final Romance before the end, the resident cheer captain works. Tagging over her inappropriate posters can be a challenge too (beating up Thad to stop him putting up new posters during that Mission totally works btw, I usually go after him soon as he appears on screen).

I'll talk more about a character that merited a Boss Fight in the game but not much personal attention otherwise-

Constantinos Brakus

Most of the time, Constatinos is just another generic non-clique student at Bulworth. A self-proclaimed pessimist, designated whipping boy of the Jocks, and writer for the school newspaper. However, he is also one of Jimmy's more frequent and unacknowledged antagonists. He suffers from kleptomania for one thing- it is him who steals the chocolates from Eunice in the first game mission where we kiss a girl. Later in Chapter 3, he swipes a comic book from Dragon's Wing Comics and Jimmy must go after him in a bike chase. He also serves as the opponent in a Penalty Shots minigame available near the Gym in Free Roam where he stands in front of a soccer goal and Jimmy must kick a ball at him. Konstantinos, not the goal, is the actual target. Jimmy has a bet with a Jock on whether he can hit the unfortunate boy with the ball and knock him out within five shots. At the end of English 2, 3, and 4, Constantinos is also the student who serves as demonstration for Jimmy's more effective apologies.

His biggest role in the game comes in the penultimate Mission of Chapter 4, 'Nice Outfit', where Jimmy must get the Mascot costume from him. Constantinos has an entirely different personality as the school Mascot than as himself, and it shows. As Mascot, Constantinos is charged with entertaining the football team before their big games and hyping up their spirit. He also gets quite angry when ticked off and threatened in this. Though Constantinos is normally a weak student who flees at the first sign of trouble, when he wears the Mascot costume, his fighting ability and toughness increases exponentially.

He thus becomes a semi-tough two stage Boss Fight in which Jimmy must first annoy Constantinos into chasing him off the football field and then face off with him in a ring match inside the Gym's empty swimming pool. Earnest's Nerds attack the Jocks with their weapons before they can enter the Gym, preventing them from interfering in the one-on-one fight. Jimmy has an optional mission to save them after defeating Constantinos- it has no rewards. As Mascot, Constantinos is in fact the toughest member of the Jocks Jimmy can take on in an individual fight. He has several unique moves, including a very damaging charge attack. I can say I've been in more personal danger fighting him alone than I have all the Jocks together in the subsequent Mission where you fight the football team and Ted. As someone who knew the Mascot quite well in high school, I can also say that the personality switch for such a person in and out of costume is truth in television.

You in fact fight the Mascot twice in the game. He also appears on stage during Chapter 1's Mission 'The Candidate', in which he can serve as distraction for the crowd during Earnest's speech instead of going after Earnest directly. He takes two Slingshot projectiles to defeat there.

After beating Constantinos in the full Chapter 4 Boss Fight, Jimmy gets and can wear the Mascot Outfit, another of the game's many joke costumes. It is the only such costume that allows Jimmy to be kissed by a girl while wearing it (Mandy will kiss your nose if you wear the Mascot Outfit for her optional Dating Mission 'Discretion Assured'). Jimmy can't use his projectile weapons while wearing the outfit, however. Jimmy's voice sounds different when wearing the Mascot Outfit- it is possible he uses a Voice Changer as part of the disguise.

Thanks for fulfilling the Money Making explanation request. Spamming Dodgeball Games is usually how I do it. There was one more way to make money in the game originally- beating up other students and getting theirs, but it was removed to make the game easier on the public mind. You can still do it in other titles available from Rockstar such as the Grand Theft Auto games.

Next planned article- Notable Residents of Bulworth Town.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 15, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Amigolupus- Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from, but discussing this issue here is beyond the scope of this board and the LP in my opinion.

I think we need a change of subject here, and these articles are ready, so...

Notable Residents of Bullworth* Town

* The Wiki spells it with 2 ls and I'm going to start doing the same.

Bullworth- In my judgement, Bullworth is a town similar to Andover in New England, USA in that it's centered around a private prep school as its most prominent feature. Most of the game takes place at the school with the town as a peripheral but still-important area. As such, Jimmy can interact with many of the town residents and explore its 4 districts- Bullworth Town (Downtown with the City Hall), Old Bullworth Vale (the ritzy area where Prep families reside, also home to the Carnival and the main shopping district), New Coventry (the slum area where the Greasers live), and Blue Skies Industrial Park (the warehouse, docks, and factory area, which also houses a trailer park that is home to several Townies and the Happy Volts Asylum where we sprung Galloway in Chapter 4). Notable residents of Bullworth include-

The Police

From left to right, Officers Monson, Ivanovich, Williams (appears twice in the same pic), and Morrison. They serve as the main authority figures in Bullworth that JImmy wants to avoid when causing trouble, as they can bust you. Morrison is the only one who does not exhibit corrupt behavior like bribe-taking and excessive brutality. He is more of an authoritarian and into metrosexual cross-dressing. Sometimes he appears slow-witted.

Of the others, Monson and Williams are rivals. Monson is the most brutal and gives Jimmy an Errand to expose Williams' visible bribe-taking. Monson typically rides a motorcyle and Williams drives an SUV, although any officer may appear in any police vehicle. Ivanovich is notable in that he recruits Jimmy to help him do police work more than any other officer- he's the one who hires Jimmy for the Errands where he must take pictures of people spray painting Tags in New Coventry and chase Greasers away from the Bullworth Town Gas Station. His dialogue contains a lot of references to bribes and brutality too.

Prominent Residents

These residents will wander Bullworth chatting and otherwise interacting with each other in the typical Rockstar game free roam way. Jimmy can interact with them as well. Most residents of Bullworth can fight you with typical adult animations. The Males can knock you down and hold you while they flag down a Police Officer- this can be considered a Citizen's Arrest. Only Female Teachers try to bust you, other women whom you attack generally just scream and run away although they may slap you briefly before doing so. There are a few Adult Bullworth residents I'll mention specifically. Many more are part of the game but play no sizeable game role. Some of them give Jimmy Errands, but this alone was not enough of a standard to talk about them in depth. I'm more into those with unique mechanics or possibly important game roles.

Miss Abby is an elderly lady, possibly with Alzheimer's Disease, who thinks Jimmy is one of many grandchildren she has attending Bullworth Academy. She lives in the Tenements in New Coventry and can give Jimmy an Errand to walk her home in Free Roam. She also counts as a Hobo for the Photography 5 Class Mission. She is the only character in Bully without fighting animations or coded violent behavior (either she doesn't hit back if you attack her or she runs away).

Mrs. Lisburn is another old lady resident of Bullworth who can be found near the retirement home in Old Bullworth Vale. Jimmy can walk her from the retirement home to the park as part of an Errand and kiss her afterwards. There are also a couple old men who live in the retirement home, but neither has a prominent game role.

Dr. Bambillo operates a dental and psychiatry clinic in Old Bullworth Vale. He can be heard making references to the poor mental health of many Bullworth students, including Russell, Gary, and Damon. He evidences many mental health problems himself during free roam including rat phobia, obsession with avoiding cracks in the sidewalk, and violations of numerous medical ethics in his prescriptions and relationships with his patients. If this guy is typical of Bullworth's resident mental medical professionals, it explains a lot about some of the characters in the game.

Mr. Smith is an old man who roams Old Bulworth Vale complaining about how he once had a large family fortune that was largely squandered by his children. He is now giving away the remainder to charity. He also claims to have helped found and run Bullworth as a town. It is speculated by some fans that he is Gary's grandfather. Nerd Donald makes references in dialogue to a Mr. Smith being kicked out of Bullworth Academy and going to prison- if this is in reference to Gary's father it would explain a lot about Gary's behavior and background.

Shopkeepers

These residents run shops throughout Bullworth. You cannot interact with them inside their stores outside their game role as Merchants, although some can be encountered in Free Roam. They can throw you out of their stores if you start trouble inside, but just walk back in afterwards and it will be like nothing happened. As far as I know, it is not possible to shoplift from or rob them. The shopkeepers include-

Mr. Oh runs the two Yum Yum Market locations in Bullworth Town and Old Bullworth Vale, somehow existing in two places at once if you travel between them fast enough. He can sell Jimmy Soda and Eggs among other things- it is required that you meet him in at least one Mission during Chapter 2. Mr. Oh dislikes the Preps in general, otherwise he gets nervous around kids because of concerns about teenage pranks.

Zack Owens owns the Dragon's Wing Comics Store, a Nerd hangout in Bullworth Town where Jimmy can buy weapons and sleep in the basement. Zack very much fits the stereotype of an Adult Nerd. He can also be kissed if placed in Free Roam with game code hacking.

Betty is the punk feminist lady who operates The Final Cut, an alternative Barber & Clothing Store in New Coventry. She has a very anarchist and feminist personality. Betty is unique in that, if placed in free roam, she acts like a male character and will do things only male game characters do like urinate in public. She also has male animations and reactions when Jimmy interacts with her- you can even give her a panty
wedgie and other male-specific pranks. Either she's transgender, or this was code oversight.

Maria Theresa operates the Old Bullworth Vale Beauty Salon. Jimmy must get a haircut from her to disguise himself as a Prep.

Tobias Mason runs the Shiny Bikes shops in Bullworth Town and Old Bullworth Vale. Like Mr. Oh, he can get between both shops quickly. He also organizes some of the Bike Races in town, including the one for which Jimmy can win a trophy.

Mr. Moratti owns The Happy Mullet Barber Shop in Bullworth Town. His store's name is false advertising- you can't actually get a Mullet haircut there (or anywhere else in the game as far as I'm aware).

Stan runs the Yum-Yum Market in New Coventry. He is very much the stereotype of a stoner- heavy into marijuana use, calls people "man" and "dude" a lot, seems slow and lazy, very laid-back most of the time.

Mr. Carmichael runs the Aquaberry Clothing Store in Old Bullworth Vale. It is required that Jimmy buy Prep Clothing from him. He'll let the Preps bully you inside his store, but throw you out if you try to fight back.

Nicky Charles runs Worn In, the Clothing Store in Bullworth Town.

Denny is widely believed by fans to run the Tattoo Parlor in Blue Skies Industrial Park's Trailer Park area, although he isn't seen inside and no shopkeeper is actually shown, so it can't be confirmed. He was changed to a town resident from a shopkeeper during development and in fact still has his shopkeeper lines. The game data files also describe him as a Tattooist. He can be seen walking around town, but has no in-game Mission roles. Jimmy can't remove Tattoos once he gets them- it is possible they may have started to take out Denny's shop to make the game more family friendly and never finished. Personality wise, Denny is a punk into tattoos and body piercings, but doesn't actively speak to people or even answer them when other characters besides Jimmy engage him in conversation.

Dorsey, Freeley, Hector, and Crystal run the various Carnival Shops and Attractions. Hector is the target for the Splish-Splash Dunk Tank game- other people of his stature can be found wandering the Carnival and working in the Freak Show, but I don't consider them Shopkeepers. Freeley operates the Rides; Crystal runs the Go-Kart Track, High Striker Hammer game, and Shooting Range game; and Dorsey runs the Strike Out baseball toss game, the Splish Splash ticket taking, and the Prize Tent. Oddly for a Carnival, there is no local Food Merchant.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Agreed. Unfortunately, Hattrick can still be seen on campus and even teach his Class after being fired. It’s possible he works a deal since the semester is almost over anyway or something. :(

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Townies

I don't really like the name Townies for these guys, but I guess it fits for a group that exists outside Bullworth Academy and mainly exists to make trouble- it's nicer than a lot of other names the group could have. Originally they were called the Dropouts, but this was changed due to game criticism.

As noted, they dress in orange, many with punk or heavy metal features. They mainly hang out in the Blue Skies Industrial Area, although they can also be found in the other parts of town at times. They never appear on campus, except during Dodgeball games (they are an opponent in the random Dodgeball games for money) and Chapter 5. As we saw in the video, they create some enormous problems in that chapter for Jimmy.

They are the toughest clique in combat, using very damaging streetfighting tactics and firecrackers- we'll probably see more of their fighting abilities next video. Their difficulty in combat was actually toned down for the Scholarship Edition- in the original Bully game they could even break through Jimmy's blocks with a double axehandle punch.

Personality-wise, I think the Townies could have used a little more buildup and game development. But if one considers their main thing is school resentment and mental problems, maybe they got just enough development after all. Most attended Bulworth, only Edgar (the leader, whom I'll post more about once his bio is up) is explicitly stated not to have done so- he admits his parents couldn't afford tuition. As for the other males-

Clint aka Henry- This Townie has two names because dialogue directed at him call him Clint, but his game data files call him Henry. It is unknown if he attended Bullworth. He has the most mental problems out of the group, including anger management issues, fear of clowns, kleptomania, lying to avoid looking weak, hating lots of people on principle, and occasionally injuring himself. He's also pretty proud of all these problems, interestingly enough. He gives Jimmy some exclusive Missions in the Scholarship Edition.

Duncan- Dropped out of Bullworth because of negative treatment from the Bullies, Davis in particular. While at school, he was possibly a Nerd, as he mentions Grottoes & Gremlins during dialogue. He is also bisexual. Fans had to hire Townies as muscle in the post game to discover their names- Duncan was originally called Dorsey by many fans until someone who deliberately skipped Art Classes and passed the game without kissing people hired him and discovered his actual name. He still appears under the name Dorsey in a few fanfics- errors in interpreting the game data files gave him that name. Duncan is a fantasy enthusiast with a wild imagination. He is into Grottoes & Gremlins, extreme biking sports, fighting, and recreational drug use. He's also asthmatic, which could make some of these hobbies a problem unless he has the willpower of Theodore Roosevelt.

Gurney- Expelled from Bullworth for unknown reasons. The tallest and most girl-crazy of the Townies. An aspring musician who likes to throw firecrackers in combat, he is also the pyro who attacks the Gym in one game mission.

Jerry-- Dropped out of Bullworth for unknown reasons, although he is very proud of doing so. He has an ego problem and likes to insist he is smarter than everyone else. He also has abandonment issues and is scared of Jimmy. He likes to throw firecrackers in combat and mainly appears to back up other Townies in various situations. He has little role in the story otherwise, like most of the group.

Leon- Has a grudge against the librarian at Bullworth that is never explained. His reason for dropping out or being expelled is also never explained. A very proud and extreme slacker who likes to complain about being bored.

Omar- No records exist of whether this Townie attended Bullworth. He is the group's second-in-command and expresses a lot of serious hatred towards Bullworth in dialogue, although he does like the cheerleaders. His voice is simultaneously high-pitched, gravelly, and nasal, making him hard to understand at times. He also likes to whine about the world advancing beyond his ability to handle it ("I used to mug people, but now they all carry credit cards! I used to rob gas stations until they switched to ATM pumps!"). He mainly serves as comic relief- other than his larger life bar, he is no tougher than any other Townie in combat.

Otto-- Kicked out of Bullworth for running a casino on campus (I'm disappointed this didn't make it into the final game, oh well). He hates everyone from Bullworth Academy, the Greasers in particular. He can give Jimmy several Errands during Free Roam to prank the Greasers.

I'll also note that all the Townies are also Asylum Inmates in different uniforms- there is in fact an Errand in Chapter 5 where you can lead some of them back to the Asylum for an Orderly and Otto tells Jimmy about the Watcher in the Mission Galloway Away. The Orderlies are unique Authority Figure NPCs too- they have a unique technique for Busting you I never knew about till I read the Wiki (they inject JImmy with a sedative). I usually have a much easier time than Antherus did with the Finding Johnny Vincent Mission- maybe due to my skill at Metal Gear Solid type games.

See y'all next video. I have articles for Edgar, the Townie Girl we have yet to meet, and the Game's Weapons planned for future release.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 23, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Didn’t mean to diss you, sorry if it came across as such. I have not played MGS V (not into the story), so you’re for sure better than me at that. And my console editions of Bully have not displayed the same bugs that I’ve noticed. I’ve also been known to attack Stealth game Guards on occasion- best code name is Puma. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Yeah, I don't think I would have been attracted to Beta Zoe either. Whoever aborted that look for her (and the Punks in general) made a good call.

Some other notes on Zoe-

- She can appear as early in the game as Chapter 2 during the Street Go-Kart Races, but you can't interact with her until Chapter 5.

- As mentioned, she is the last girlfriend and probably the one with the least screen time. But they say less is more, and I consider her the most memorable and the second most personally attractive to me (Christy is the first).

- She claims to be the toughest girl in the game, but the game mechanics unfortunately do not make her fight any differently than the rest. If they do Bully 2, I would probably want stronger female characters.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Alright, final videos and highlight reel posted. Very nice. A few final notes from me-

Edgar- The Townie Leader is mysterious, yes. He is also unique among the clique leaders in a few ways. One, you only fight him once. Two, his fight is the most challenging in the game (although I usually have little trouble with the conventional way personally). Three, he participates in the dodgeball for money games alongside the rest of his clique. The third fact has caused some fanfic writers to set up an early knowledge of each other between Jimmy and Edgar. Not that they can build much of a relationship this early or that it changes the game much, mind you. Edgar remains a decent guy who enjoys fighting and will admit Jimmy's superiority easily upon defeat but remain a good sport. The other clique leaders could learn a lot from him.

The Bully Wiki also notes something surprising about Edgar- In the mission Showdown at the Plant, at one point in development Edgar would throw Jimmy into a vat of green chemicals if he won the fight. This would have made him the only character to actually kill Jimmy. This was later changed, most likely because it would have interfered with the T rating and to an extent not fit in with the game's tone.

Yeah...

For the weapons article I promised, well, the Wiki does a better job of listing them than I ever could, so follow this link- http://bully.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_in_Bully

Thanks again for the LP and best of luck to you in the future.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 31, 2018

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
No problem. I thank the contributors to the Bully Wiki, for uncovering and contributing all the facts I merely listed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
My advice for Bully 2- include a Streets of Rage style Arcade mode where you fight all the characters from both games in a beat em up. And you can play as several characters including Jimmy, Zoe, Pete, and Russell. Zoe and Pete have learned to fight better, Jimmy has all his moves, Russell is unchanged. Rockstar did something like that for the Warriors, it could work here.

“Russell likes to hurt people for peace!”

• Locked thread