Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm going to sell a kidney for dresses, you can't stop me! I'm just not feeling this competition theme though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I can’t even think about all the men I would need to marry to make use of this many wedding dresses.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure she'll find a way to use it in a casual picnic outfit.

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

Does anyone have any idea what the ticket things in the Home portion are for?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

A GODDAMN TYPO posted:

Does anyone have any idea what the ticket things in the Home portion are for?

It can be used to buy furniture. Go Home > Users Furniture is the shop using gold, diamonds, and tickets

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

GenericGirlName posted:

It can be used to buy furniture. Go Home > Users Furniture is the shop using gold, diamonds, and tickets

Ohhh. I only saw the one that was with the little green sprout which was the wedding stuff and all you could use there was diamonds. Thanks!

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So is this furniture stuff going to be a permanent addition to the game?

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

So is this furniture stuff going to be a permanent addition to the game?

Pretty sure.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, we got it a bit ahead of schedule so they could take some more time with the chapter 13 localization, is the theory I've heard. The Wasteland content apparently just needs a little TLC to not be really insensitive.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Yay! Pretty Pretty Princess Dress-up friends!

In all seriousness, I love this game and will be joining the goon association as soon as my 12 hour wait period is up.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I got distracted from the thread for a bit, but not from Nikki. I am ready to get married so many times now. Hope we didn’t miss you, if you applied, Chef.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Just a head’s up: the upcoming event on the 10th seems pretty nakedly exploitative, with some rewards strictly limited to the top X spenders. It’s definitely a reason to not spend money, and maybe a good reason to give up on Loving Nikki.

Just in case I actually convinced anyone to try out this game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm done. I pulled up my history for the last month and definitely spent more than :10bux:

Dehry fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 8, 2018

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm glad for the bad events so I can save up diamonds for the good ones. Also; gently caress wedding dresses.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Definitely boycott the ranking event! Thankfully the suits aren't even nice enough to tempt me haha. The Banshee Momiji event was utterly horrid and I had hoped they listened to feedback about it but I guess they just want to squeeze more money out of us.
Glad to see there's a small goon playerbase :3 even if some of you have been burnt out already by how spendy they want us to be.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the ranking thing either. Hasn't turned me off the game since I basically expect an f2p gacha to ram its hand down my pocket and root around, but I'm not shelling out for this one.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Apparently on the Chinese server boycotting these kinds of events resulted in them not being offered in China anymore. So hopefully that happens. Luckily I'm not too torn about not spending the money since I don't really want anything right now... Except my value pack has Fantasy Fox today... Goddamn.....

Anyway, here's an FYI; the Youth Poem outfit is described weirdly in the events zone in love Nikki. For a while I thought it meant "invite 60 friends to get this full outfit". Actually it means "invite friends for gold, also if you get 60 friends total you can have this outfit". So I've been adding random friends every time I can (in the friends menu there's a "search friends" button, in there they suggest 6 people you can send friend requests to.), And I finally got the outfit today! Yay! It's nothing special but I thought I'd mention it Incase someone wanted it and didn't realize it's totally possible to get.

Also FYI, I'm Zoya Anda in the guild.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Goon guild is full. :saddowns:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Hey, I know that name. :v: I'm AzraelRose, permanently #3 on the commission rankings (I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIIIIIIIME).

Boycotting the ranking portion of the event, but I'm not averse to collecting the yoyo suits since I'm getting the yoyos anyway just spamming levels for finishing suits. My problem has always been more gold than diamonds; I usually sit around 1k diamonds without spending much cash-wise, but I'm terrible at making gold without spending it instantly.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I've been doing only maiden quests so I can get more yoyos and hopefully finish the yukata set without spending diamonds. I decided to do the Nightly Spirit set cuz it needs a ton of maiden drops and doesn't need any dyes so the only starlight coins you need to shell out are for the recipes.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

TheKennedys posted:

Hey, I know that name. :v: I'm AzraelRose, permanently #3 on the commission rankings (I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIIIIIIIME).

Boycotting the ranking portion of the event, but I'm not averse to collecting the yoyo suits since I'm getting the yoyos anyway just spamming levels for finishing suits. My problem has always been more gold than diamonds; I usually sit around 1k diamonds without spending much cash-wise, but I'm terrible at making gold without spending it instantly.

It's fine to spend yoyos you have. As long as you don't recharge during the event the youre "boycotting" bc they're counting money spent during it.

For example i had 1000 energy going into the event lol. I play the game wrong.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Nah a lot of people hoarded stamina for the next ranking event, some nut jobs had something like 15k saved since October. Joke's on them, these suits are ugly :j:
Personally I spend stamina as soon as I can so it can refill automatically. I've crafted a few of the ridiculous suits and I'm partway through Grice though that's on hold till this stupid event is over.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I'm sorry the guild is full! We have at least a few inactive every week, so I'll purge a couple people this weekend if they don't press any buttons.

If you would like to not be purged, try to press a button or two this week.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Stagger_Lee posted:

I got distracted from the thread for a bit, but not from Nikki. I am ready to get married so many times now. Hope we didn’t miss you, if you applied, Chef.

No worries, I got in. :D

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Here's my competition entry!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
As per usual I've been phoning in my contest entries...

Edit; for those who don't recognize it, this is the set Deicide Kalpa but with the dress swapped for another dress :v:

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
You are both very pretty.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
drat there's a goon guild for this? We truly have a presence in every game there is.

Love Nikki has been my dark secret for about a month now and the addiction is real. It's so good I'm not alone anymore. :shobon:

The stylist competitions are probably my favorite part, the current one has been my most successful so far:

e: tried uploading the pic to the forum itself and now can't do /timg or remove it, oops.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zoe fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 15, 2018

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Nice take on that armor. Seeing everyone with swords makes me wish we had a shield for the other hand. A fashionable buckler.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Ya even my roommate (not a goon but she got me into this) is using that armor for this event and honestly it works rly well. I'm digging the short hair with it tho and am tempted to resubmit with short hair tomorrow.

For the n00bs not in the know, resubmitting during free stamina hours is the best way to maximize the competition score for an outfit. Feel free to resubmit then if ur under performing or want a do over!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I went a slightly different route with the theme-- not that armour, anyway, though I'm happy I picked it up.

Not quite as Utena as I wanted, but I think not a bad attempt.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I went from top 2% to top 25%, I think it's my biggest drop so far. Gonna submit a different outfit tomorrow night during stamina time if I still care.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Happens to me a lot - so many people jam the button until they get up there.

If anyone was looking for a slot in the guild, we leveled up and have one more open. A couple more slots will also open on Sunday, if you miss it.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
What level are you guys and is everyone pretty active? Do you have all the commission chapters done?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I need to wait 12 hours before joining the goon guild

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
We just hit level 5. We are 4-starring most days right now but that's a pretty recent thing.

The guild has a lot of random people I accepted because the goon interest was...niche, so there's a good handful of people right now who aren't active and need to by cycled through. I don't have any interest in forcing people to push buttons all the time, but we can (gradually) cycle out people who aren't pressing any at all.

Still working on commission chapters, approaching the end of chapter 3.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Next time you have room give me 12 hours notice and I'll be there ;)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Applied to the guild as mst

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I don't really have a hugely extensive wardrobe yet so there's some themes I can't really do much with (that Miss Mask or whatever one a few weeks ago I just shrugged and sat out), but I always vote for the ones that do a little more than cram their girl into their prettiest princess dress and staple on angel wings. I swear I see so many of those every time, no matter what the theme is.

...also literally just figured out that the icon next to Reward was a button and meant to be clicked... well that was a nice 30k and 200 gem bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Here's another tip: those crystal shoe fragments don't automatically add up, you have to click the + button in the exchange store in the pavilion. Took me about 6 months to realize that.

• Locked thread