Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Shirec posted:

People seem to have settled on generic war theme now, with a smattering of police plus animal

I went for a battlefield medic sort of vibe, but no one seems to like it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

It's really hard to go against the hive mind, unless you happen to hit upon something more "true" in people's minds. I always think "If my look is paired against the generic popular one, which will get the vote? Also lets use an obnoxious background piece haha"

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I think the purpose of the obnoxious background clutter is to block out your opponent's dress up princess during voting.

And yeah the random chance outfit from the zodiac pack is total bullshit and I've spent about $20 on this game so far. I don't mind the zodiac packs as a concept, pay a set amount and get your premium poo poo plus some extra cash or stamina. That's fine. Having an outfit drop from a loot table (I know it's not a loot table I don't know what else to call it) that also contains extremely lovely or inconsequential things is super garbage. Like you're spending three bucks to get a chance at an outfit, when more likely you're going to get a little bit of gold.

If it was 'pay money and you'll get gems plus a piece of an outfit' I would be totally cool with it.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
You can tap the screen during competition to pull the other person/outfit to the front, people just use big stuff because they like the big stuff. Also plenty of the big stuff is high ranking on stages.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Look all I'm saying event is that I feel like maybe one of us isn't pulling their weight around here fashion-wise

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

So what should I be spending my gems on, anyway? Right now I'm just kind of hoarding them

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

someone awful. posted:

So what should I be spending my gems on, anyway? Right now I'm just kind of hoarding them

Pretty much just events imo, anything else you should just be patient

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Is there still space in the association?

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Yes! There are two spaces open because we reached level 8!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Stagger_Lee posted:

Yes! There are two spaces open because we reached level 8!

Oh cool... should I just reach out in game?

Edit: Well I just quit my other one so I can't apply for 12 hours...

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 25, 2018

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo, of course goons play this. I didn't even realize until just now that there was a thread for this.

I've just been doing my own thing for about a year now. Every single day. "I'm just logging in to collect outfits so my daughter can play dress-up" isn't holding a lot of traction with people who see me playing it anymore, even if it's semi-true. (She messes around in the Free Dressing mode every week or two)

I have no idea why I like this game. No idea at all.

I'm already in a maxed-out Stylist Association, and it looks like the goon one is level 8, so... I'll wait until it hits 10, I guess, and try applying then? I don't honestly know if the daily rewards or whatever are different.

simmering
Nov 12, 2017
is the stylist association still Suede Stasi - ID 18507? my username is perj i think, i'm still getting to know a lot of the social features and more hidden away windows.
got this game a couple of weeks ago and have spent an embarrassing amount of time playing during night shifts. i've basically dumped all my diamonds into getting the second desert set- it just looks so cool. at least i should do ok in the competition for once.

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib

simmering posted:

is the stylist association still Suede Stasi - ID 18507? my username is perj i think, i'm still getting to know a lot of the social features and more hidden away windows.
got this game a couple of weeks ago and have spent an embarrassing amount of time playing during night shifts. i've basically dumped all my diamonds into getting the second desert set- it just looks so cool. at least i should do ok in the competition for once.

I'm focusing on the first set, mostly because there aren't very many clothes in that palette to go around. On the other hand, having more blue could be useful for coordinating with things already in my wardrobe, but I feel like I'm pretty well stocked on blue. Hard call.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm basically going nuts spending all my diamonds to get both sets. I was just going to get the blue one, but I finished it earlier and got like four new makeups for finishing it and gently caress I'm so greedy for new makeups so I'm doing the gold one too.

(four new makeups, plus two background things, plus a special pose, drat)

Also I think the Cherry suit or whatever they just put up is really cute, too, but it's weird that they're basically running two events at once..

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I am a total sucker for any of those deserty outfits so yeah i'm going all-in for the both of them. I like the second event they've got going too and ordinarily I'd go for that suit but I can only do so much at once.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

I already blew all my diamonds getting the final set from the last event, so it's blue set only for me, unless I want to succumb to mobile gaming addiction and drop cash. And I don't. :(

Such a shame. New makeups for the different skin tones are oh so rare.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Everything generally does come back around at some point though, so don't stress too much if you miss a set. Also apologies for not being as active on guild, real life went nuts for a bit

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I just applied to the guild, user name on there is Sanaa.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Admitted! And yes, if anyone’s curious, guild info in OP is correct. We’re full at the moment, so it’ll be Sunday until things open up.

Just a head’s up, for Summer: if you’re going on the kind of vacation where you won’t push any buttons for a week, give a head’s up here or in association chat so that you don’t risk removal at the end of the week.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Thanks!

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

I'm trying to pick bits and pieces that I could use for upcoming competitions. I like my props!

Also I'm still pissed I never got the treasure chest drop from the Shutendoji event :argh:

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
The treasure chest sucks in competitions because it appears way to the side of your character, either off-screen or behind your opponent. So you're just helping your opponent with it :v:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I was gone for ages (Zoya anda) and I'm trying to be back again but I'm barely managing. I would hate to be kicked but also you've already been so kind. been kinda trying to ignore the game bc I always want to spend $ on it :(. Goon guild rocks.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Am I(Ava Gante) still in the association? Accessing it comes up with me not being in a group but I don't know if this is a server issue or not.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Am I(Ava Gante) still in the association? Accessing it comes up with me not being in a group but I don't know if this is a server issue or not.

You're on the member list when I looked just now.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

someone awful. posted:

You're on the member list when I looked just now.

Weird. I'll contact the Facebook, see if I get it fixed.

simmering
Nov 12, 2017
Not sure what to do for this styling theme. maybe try to do some kinda woodland fairy or mori girl type things.

Went with red riding hood in the end.

simmering fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 3, 2018

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

So what's up with the new co-op contest thing in the style association? It seems to be a real time based mode... thing?

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe
Here's a video i found on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2thJHEQnnk

The president chooses two days in the week for it to be open; the time slot is not changeable, but set to 19:30-20:30 server time (i.e. 5:30-6:30 currently for me, and will be 4:30-5:30 once daylight savings ends :cry:). You don't battle other associations directly, but do style battles against NPCs to gather material for suits.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah, this’ll be different, since nothing else in the game requires that narrow of a timeline. No one should stress about being able to compete, and if the thread has anything like a consensus on shifting the days, I’ll follow it, but otherwise no worries.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Hey if you guys need more space in the guild go ahead and kick me (Clara Nette), I'm taking a hiatus from princess dressing to focus on a writing project.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I will do so if necessary, mercilessly. Work hard and find satisfaction.

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe
I'm currently stuck in association limbo after the recent server calamity, but I'd very much like to join the Suede Stasi when/if support manages to extract me from my current buggy state. I've been playing for about a month, but it wasn't until last week I thought to check if there was an SA thread for the game.

TrucMachinChose
Oct 9, 2012
hey, there's a poll right now on the official facebook page about better hours for the association thing. might want to check it out and vote for a time not in the middle of the night!

TrucMachinChose
Oct 9, 2012
hey, so i just finally noticed the glitch sent me back to my old association, so i just quit it and i'll be reapplying to the goon one asap! name is still Irma

Easy-Bake Coven
Sep 18, 2006

B - E - H - A - V - E
never more

Fun Shoe
After several days of waiting for a reply from support I am finally free from my dead association. Seems the Suede Stasi is full at the moment; is it likely there will be a free spot in the near future? Username is Lilybel.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Irma is still listed as a member of the association, although with 0 activity.

There is now one space open, and I’ll do a little more cleaning up of the fallen among us this weekend.

TrucMachinChose
Oct 9, 2012
I definitely can't access the association, so if you could kick me out so that i can re-apply, that'd be great thanks

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Now you’re in twice. Game is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
I just applied as Kelryn because my last association pretty much died out.

• Locked thread