Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The nerfs come in tomorrow I wonder what happens to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Slayerjerman posted:

More like wanting to clear WesTek for some sweet XP, but some gimp level <20 was there recently making it full of baby mutants.

They don’t even make a Wes(Virginia)Tek pun?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Tenzarin posted:

The nerfs come in tomorrow I wonder what happens to the game.

My bet is all the endgame quests that were balanced around some dude helicopter dicking the boss in 10 seconds flat with 900+ DPS are now impossible to complete.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So is there something up with the servers right now or is the game still helplessly broken? I just installed it off game pass, had to hard restart to log in, then another hard restart to get a UI and menus to loot, then I've had items floating in air and people clipping through walls all over the place.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CuddleCryptid posted:

So is there something up with the servers right now or is the game still helplessly broken? I just installed it off game pass, had to hard restart to log in, then another hard restart to get a UI and menus to loot, then I've had items floating in air and people clipping through walls all over the place.

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CuddleCryptid posted:

sounds like everything's working as intended!

(jk, it usually isn't quite that bad, and hopping between servers can alleviate some issues)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Rinkles posted:

sounds like everything's working as intended!

(jk, it usually isn't quite that bad, and hopping between servers can alleviate some issues)

Okay, that makes more sense. I knew the game was still having issues but you'd have to be truly obsessed to slog through those bugs enough to level up.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

a recent post of mine

Rinkles posted:

Man, is this game still janky. Really bad pop in, inconsistent frame rate, sometimes choppy for extended periods, split second delay before damage and some other things register. Enemy spawn/despawn bugs. It all just feels so bad (this is on a PS4 Pro).

Also got perma lit on fire.

it's a busted rear end game.

funny cause this time it's the performance not design choices that is keeping me at bay. the game gets me motion sick like nothing else.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

I’d vote fo4 if you haven’t done far harbor, and that comes with the pass. Otherwise I’d vote 76.

I've just started an FO4 replay (modded but its vanilla+) and haven't done any of the DLCs before. Looking forward to Far Harbour since it is so well thought of. I just finished Automatron and that was silly fun, if a little one-note go-here-kill-robutts.

cheesetriangles posted:

So is Bethesda done with making paid mods for F4 because it's been almost a year since the last one.

Is this referring to just cosmetic stuff or like actual content?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I've just started an FO4 replay (modded but its vanilla+) and haven't done any of the DLCs before. Looking forward to Far Harbour since it is so well thought of. I just finished Automatron and that was silly fun, if a little one-note go-here-kill-robutts.

automatron is the weakest non-workshop dlc, so i think you'll enjoy your time

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Looking forward to Far Harbour since it is so well thought of.

I strongly suggest taking nic with you.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Public Teams: We've renamed the "Building" team to "Casual" and removed the Casual team bonus.

Lol

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Finally a use for my duplicate perk cards. Now if they’d only give me load outs so I don’t have to swap half a dozen perk cards when I want to make food or ammo at my camp.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Public Teams: We've renamed the "Building" team to "Casual" and removed the Casual team bonus.

Lol
well no one really used that and instead just always used the building teams for the +int

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

xxEightxx posted:

Finally a use for my duplicate perk cards. Now if they’d only give me load outs so I don’t have to swap half a dozen perk cards when I want to make food or ammo at my camp.

The game already deleted your duplicate perk cards, btw. I wonder if they fixed this bug.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Tenzarin posted:

The game already deleted your duplicate perk cards, btw. I wonder if they fixed this bug.

I have a lot of dupes. I don’t even upgrade my cards anymore, since there is some challenge or whatever for that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Welp I'm out of perk points.

I think I could max one more card if I scrapped every single other card I have being all my repair and crafting and animated cards.

Let me get more points for int and per, freeing up 10 points also on my character.

It costs 1 perk point to remove a legendary perk also. So switching around is a finite resource. The explosion on kill doesnt seem that special. Also if my choices are wrong, I have no perk points to fix them, great system! But I wasn't planning on playing hardcore.

I killed a 1 star scorchbeast and it took forever and I had to be in power armor to not die.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 15, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Initially I thought it was an interesting idea, but I just hate the perk card system now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
First day of daily ops are robots that can only be killed with melee attacks. You get 60 exp per robot you kill and for completing it you get 2 random legendaries and 15 stim packs. I think this reward is only given out once also.

Daily ops are the only content added, there are no quests, and you do not meet metal gear brotherhood who talks to you during the daily ops.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Well there is one quest, to meet solid snake of the brotherhood. His quest is for you to do a daily op. Content.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Lol
I saw this in the patch notes, and so now the Building / Casual public team has no bonus? +4 INT was like the best bonus of all of them.

The notes also say that regions have a maximum level that enemies can be, but also that max level players will still get appropriate rewards. So loot is now tied to my level and not the level of the thing I kill now?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CapnBry posted:

I saw this in the patch notes, and so now the Building / Casual public team has no bonus? +4 INT was like the best bonus of all of them.

so that'll ensure no one uses it?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
what? the int bonus is still there. it was just renamed from "building" to "casual"

they removed the former "casual" teams bonus of +charisma that no one gave a gently caress about

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Uh speak for yourself you ugly troll.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

What kind of lovely optimization warranted an 19gb patch for this? Not everyone is made out of internet Bethesda.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Some people on Reddit mentioned it was 42 GB for them. I still remember shortly after the game's launch where a patch was larger than the original game size, and the patch was for a relatively small number of bug fixes. That might have been the same patch that fixed some bugs but also reverted a previous patch's bug fixes. It was all very sad.

Edit:

xxEightxx posted:

Isn’t it the case for consoles that essentially the entire game has to be redownloaded or something like that.
Ah, Reddit confirms it's wildly different between all the platforms:

Reddit posted:

PC (Bethesda.net): 1.4.0.20 (23.3 GB)
PC (Microsoft Store): 1.4.0.20 (37.8 GB)
PC (Steam): 1.4.0.20 (27.5 GB)
PS4: 1.4.0.20 (35.2 GB)
Xbox: 1.4.0.20 (42.6 GB)

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 16, 2020

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Isn’t it the case for consoles that essentially the entire game has to be redownloaded or something like that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i did the daily Op or whatever it is solo and it took forever and sucked poo poo welp that's my FO76 story for today thanks for reading

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The level scaling sucks poo poo at level 30.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Trying to get back into Fallout 4 after not having touched it since like a couple months after it first came out, and man is it reminding me how much I despise the inventory system in this game, and how much I loath the crafting and base building aspects too, unfortunately I'm on console so I have to deal with it, though if I ever play it on PC if there's a mod for it I'd gladly rip those systems out of the game entirely

I'll admit I'm a bit of a heretic in that I'd much prefer it if these games were just standard FPS games than what they are

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Do the matching armor legendary perks apply to power armor? I’m going to guess no but wanted to confirm

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

hifi posted:

The level scaling sucks poo poo at level 30.

Don't worry, it sucks everywhere. It takes 4-5 shells from a double barrel shotgun to take down a 50+ Eyebot now.

The new season's scoreboard has a voice over narrator that I'm assuming is some coder in Austin because it's really, really not good. I understand the lockdown probably threw a lot of hurdles into pulling everything together, but the guy manages to sound like the child of Droopy Dog and Melvin from Office Space.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I haven't noticed that much of a difference loving about with a gauss pistol. I still need 2 headshots to murdilate level 50 stuff, just instead of the first shot doing 3/4 of their health bar, it does half. Mid 90s stuff takes 3, maybe 4 shots. I can see super high alpha builds hurting bad though. Bloodied alpha especially.

Also, running the ops with a goon group was fun, even if I was the weak link and just ran around punching stuff to deal the final damage for the most part. I'm sure that will probably be the high point in my daily ops experience and the rest will be frustration with pubs. :v:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Rinkles posted:

funny cause this time it's the performance not design choices that is keeping me at bay. the game gets me motion sick like nothing else.

same

my mains at a point where i can just plop in and do some random things or tweak the camp and sell some items and when its running smooth thats fine, its a nice little fallout simulator where i idle away my days working on power armor or something

and then i fast travel to foundation and drop down to like 10 fps in those first 20 seconds as everything loads in the cell or however fo76 does things and its a real cramp

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Trying to get back into Fallout 4 after not having touched it since like a couple months after it first came out, and man is it reminding me how much I despise the inventory system in this game, and how much I loath the crafting and base building aspects too, unfortunately I'm on console so I have to deal with it, though if I ever play it on PC if there's a mod for it I'd gladly rip those systems out of the game entirely

I'll admit I'm a bit of a heretic in that I'd much prefer it if these games were just standard FPS games than what they are

Okay managed to at least solve the inventory problem, remembered that I can build lockers and stuck one next to the armor storage in Sanctuary

Now I just need to find some concrete so I can build a water pump for these Sanctuary guys

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

edit: wrong thread

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Okay managed to at least solve the inventory problem, remembered that I can build lockers and stuck one next to the armor storage in Sanctuary

Now I just need to find some concrete so I can build a water pump for these Sanctuary guys

You can store all your crap in the red settlement workshop bench, no need for individual containers. Also if you scrap the collapsed houses in Sanctuary I think they give you a bunch of concrete.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Namaer posted:

You can store all your crap in the red settlement workshop bench, no need for individual containers. Also if you scrap the collapsed houses in Sanctuary I think they give you a bunch of concrete.

Yeah I figured that part out, honestly I think I'm about to give up anyways cause even though I'm on easy this game is still too hard and tedious for my liking, like even basic feral ghouls and raiders are kicking my rear end and it's just not very fun honestly

Crestfallen Poster
Apr 17, 2009

Let me guess. Fate of the Undead, right? Well, you're not the first.
Dinosaur Gum

xxEightxx posted:

Do the matching armor legendary perks apply to power armor? I’m going to guess no but wanted to confirm

Yes, they do. (source)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

drrockso20 posted:

I made a simple rule that makes Fallout 4 more enjoyable: Never craft or build anything.

If the difficulty is a problem, I recommend maxing out your Endurance stat, and always take 5 luck and Idiot Savant. Idiot Savant is the best perk in the game by an extremely wide margin, even better with a low-intelligence character.