Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
anyone gotten any weird streaks from Fasnacht? It seems I've been getting no good primary effects (except for the occasional vampires and junkies weapons), but have gotten nothing but FSS/Limb damage/FFR as secondary effects and +1 strength/FR/250 DR while reloading as the third effect on weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone have strong feeling on Carnivore vs Herbivore? There are a lot of different buffs to stack with meats, but otoh I can just plant tons of razorgrain and melons at my house and always have stuff ready.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

The Lone Badger posted:

Anyone have strong feeling on Carnivore vs Herbivore? There are a lot of different buffs to stack with meats, but otoh I can just plant tons of razorgrain and melons at my house and always have stuff ready.

I don't use either one, but I'm never short on meat. I've always got more than I know what to do with. I usually end up having to vendor it before it spoils.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I'm never short on meat

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Lone Badger posted:

I've done both, carnivore totes better. But herbivore does save on meat that you can sell to a vendor. Really I just got tired of getting and boiling of water to make more herbivore cooked foods.

Herbivore, if you don't mind growing some plants and getting some water to make corn soup.
Carnivore, if you just wanna eat all the meat you find.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Survival perk, if you don't wanna bother with either and not carry a bunch of food and water

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I've done both, carnivore totes better. But herbivore does save on meat that you can sell to a vendor. Really I just got tired of getting and boiling of water to make more herbivore cooked foods.

Herbivore, if you don't mind growing some plants and getting some water to make corn soup.
Carnivore, if you just wanna eat all the meat you find.

I've done both and I actually prefer Herbivore. When you are grinding for SCORE and need the XP buffs, Cranberry Relish is much easier to craft compared to Tasty Squirrel Stew mainly because Squirrels don't have a fixed location to farm. At my level , the 25% XP buff is really appreciated and if I had to farm Squirrels and Salt instead of just travelling to 2 locations on the map, plus my camp, I'd probably be constantly annoyed. :)

That being said, I run with the Survival Shortcut perk most of the time. It saves perk slots for food/drink reduction and keeps your inventory clean.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
if you dont want to bother with eating and drinking, just dont do it lol. There's no consequence for starving or dehydration lol. that way you dont even have to take legendary perk slot!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
for real though if you are not eating for buffs youre missing out on actual significant buffs in the game. You can only have 1 chem in effect at a time, but with eating, as long as it is a different type of buff you can eat as much as you want. With melee, you can eat for a melee bonus, for a strength bonus, drink a whiskey (or nukashine/kill yourself before you black out) and on top of that take a fury/psychobuff and get a genuinely good damage buff.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I mostly eat to heal.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

The Lone Badger posted:

I mostly eat to heal.

:same:

Wait, were we talking about in-game??

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

I mostly eat to heal.

Its the least effective way of healing. even drinking liquids is faster and usually more effective

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The only 4 foods I eat are squirrel (xp) deathclaw (str) radstag (carry weight) and scorch brain (int for xp). Most things I cook to sell for my 1.4k.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've never done a bloodied build but I tend to save the bloodied weapons I come across, are any of these likely to be good enough to sell or good enough to try out a bloodied build with?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I have no clue about Bloodied builds, but that Bloodied Fatman is some sweet "Eat it Queenie" material for sure.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

I've never done a bloodied build but I tend to save the bloodied weapons I come across, are any of these likely to be good enough to sell or good enough to try out a bloodied build with?

What are the other perks on the tesla, hunting rifle, and power fist?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
The bloodied handmade would be a fine intro into a bloodied commando build. Youd eventually want to find a 3 star with explosive or faster firerate and 25% less vats cost for the third star.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I checked with the Fed 76 Legendary trade estimator, and I got a god rolled Vampirc Explosive minigun.

Which is not either of the builds I am specced out for, Commando or Rifleman.

Would it be worth the time respeccing into a Strength heavy guns build? I spent my saved up perkcoins into ammo production and legendary luck yesterday.

Or should I wait for the repec rollout?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You weren't kidding about the gatling plasma being inaccurate. Even with maxed Stabilised it's more like a flamethrower than a gun.
(the fact that I'm using a Two-Shot one probably doesn't help)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Then you equip it with that one mod and it actually is a flamethrower!

Just a really, really bad one.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

I checked with the Fed 76 Legendary trade estimator, and I got a god rolled Vampirc Explosive minigun.

Which is not either of the builds I am specced out for, Commando or Rifleman.

Would it be worth the time respeccing into a Strength heavy guns build? I spent my saved up perkcoins into ammo production and legendary luck yesterday.

Or should I wait for the repec rollout?

Depends. Are you used to always aiming for the head? If yes, you're better off waiting for the perk loadout because you will have to adjust your playstyle.

The way explosive damage is calculated in this game is a bit weird, to say the least. It's calculated in a radius and that radius always has to connect to the ground to trigger the effect.
The higher up you go, the less damage the explosive effect does and once you reach the head it might not do any additional damage at all, depending on how tall your enemy is. Super Mutants, for example. A normal one will take low damage to the head. A Behemoth will take none. So, feet or torso. Not higher.

And on top of all of that, it's downright useless against the Queen thanks to her having insane explosive resistance.

Basically, if you rock an explosive weapon, always aim for head or torso. Not higher, otherwise you're wasting a lot of damage potential. You'll also have to make a choice between Demolition Expert and Gunsmith. Thanks to intelligence having a lot of useful perks for heavy gunners you'll only have room for one. Demo Expert to deal more damage, Gunsmith to prevent your weapon from breaking every second or third magazine. :)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think I'm finding Last Word to be my favourite weapon. No firing delay, good accuracy (w/ stabilised), minimal recoil, and just generally a good way to land bullets on heads.

Does the above post about Explosive enchants also apply to gauss weapons?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Last Word is very functional for a Heavy Weapon build. It's almost the perfect legendary traits for the .50 BMG.

I just need to get a drat prime receiver.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

The Lone Badger posted:

I think I'm finding Last Word to be my favourite weapon. No firing delay, good accuracy (w/ stabilised), minimal recoil, and just generally a good way to land bullets on heads.

Yeah I haven't found a better legendary heavy gun. Plus crafting .50 cal gives you tons of ammo with the perks.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Yes although I'm not sure if they need to have explosive as secondary modifier for them to benefit from Demo Expert or not.
The Pistol and, I think, the Rifle as well, need to be charged for the explosive effect to trigger, though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I'm building weapons to scrap, should I build them at the lowest level (which is cheaper), or will higher level ones be more likely to give me parts?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

If I'm building weapons to scrap, should I build them at the lowest level (which is cheaper), or will higher level ones be more likely to give me parts?

Level doesn't matter so go with the cheapest possible option.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i flunked out posted:

What are the other perks on the tesla, hunting rifle, and power fist?

The Tesla is +50 limb damage and Vats fills 15% faster
Hunting rifle is 90% weight reduction and +33% vats hit chance
Power fist 50% limb damage and +1 agility

Also just got a bloodied gauss minigun with vats criticals doing +50% damage (which I'm guessing isn't real useful for this weapon) and 15% faster reload.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

The Tesla is +50 limb damage and Vats fills 15% faster
Hunting rifle is 90% weight reduction and +33% vats hit chance
Power fist 50% limb damage and +1 agility

Also just got a bloodied gauss minigun with vats criticals doing +50% damage (which I'm guessing isn't real useful for this weapon) and 15% faster reload.

These all may not be the A1-Primo trade piece (I mean you can definitely get a decent amount of caps for them if you put them in the vendor, I'd pay 5K for the Tesla alone, probably also the power fist too), but these would all be pretty capable for starting a bloodied build!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

All the recent praise for the Final Word makes me think I'm not even using the right weapon in my non-bloodied big guns build. I did melee forever and was doing melee still when I acquired the Final Word so big guns is still a little new I guess. It seems like Anti Armor and Furious are maybe the best? I've been using a 1 star AA plasma lately just because it's so efficient for ultracite ammo crafting but I thought my two shot ultracite gauss minigun was my best DPS weapon but maybe not.

I been piling up tons of big guns just because I'm using the weight reduction perk so they don't add much weight but I need to sort through them and cut down to the best 3 or 5 or something.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gauss minigun is better than .50 machinegun as long as you can keep it fed. I am using Final Word for being easy to acquire, easy to supply, easy to use, and good enough effectiveness given the above.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

201 levels in and I just made my second PvP kill, a guy that was voxing the entire time during Fasnacht.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

201 levels in and I just made my second PvP kill, a guy that was voxing the entire time during Fasnacht.

If "voxing" means "talking incessently" you are doing the Lord's Work.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

I always go after wanted players. Most are players below 50 and so i just protect their loot, drop some stimpacks, and hope they dont hate me.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Bethesda is being hit with a class-action lawsuit over it's prerelease promise of the Season Pass containing 'All DLC' and then charging for Creation Club content, namely mods made by Bethesda.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've run Fasnacht 56 times and haven't gotten a single rare mask WHAT THE gently caress TODD

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I've run Fasnacht 56 times and haven't gotten a single rare mask WHAT THE gently caress TODD

He denies you the mask because you remind him of the football players who mocked him for being in the chess club.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

What platform are you on? I've got a brahmin and a crow on ps4 if anyone wants them. I've been afking fasnacht for the treasury notes and I don't care about the masks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Serves them right for consistently pushing out patches that were breaking the free mods in the process