Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

posters in this thread are really precious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

what's the coolest looking (non-power) armor in any game

fo4's scaling on underarmor thing is really weird and i don't like it but i think sturdy metal armor is a nice look

chinese stealth armor is pretty cool

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Berke Negri posted:

fo4's scaling on underarmor thing is really weird and i don't like it but i think sturdy metal armor is a nice look

The Riot Armor varients

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

okay non-power armor / ranger armor cause thats the obvious poo poo

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Far Harbor's Trapper Armor is pretty good (both variants look identical), as is the Marine Armor. I like the look of the Disciples armor in Nuka World for just being kinda weird.

Syth armor looks powerfully stupid.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Berke Negri posted:

the pack armor in nuka world looks pretty cool imo. put the shroud hat on that and you got a stew

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i WANT to like synth heavy armor i get that. i think most armor in fo4 looks good with vault suit/bos uniform but most under armor fucks them up

the coastal armor looks pretty good as a scavver armor i think

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Chinese Stealth Suit come on people.

Also Graham's LAPD vest with the tribal beadwork. And Cass's brahmin leather jacket.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

out on a limb here: fo4 raider armor looks dumb to wear but aesthetically extremely good and distinct for raiders to wear

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Heavy combat arms/legs, BOS officer suit. Maybe some aviators.

In general, 3/NV armors suffer from age really badly and there's not a single good looking chest piece in 4 imo.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

the system is good and id like to see it carried over to tesVI over skyrim/oblivion/fo3/fnv system of equip a body armor it is the whole thing but the morphing they did to accommodate a lot of under armor did not work out ... great

really feels like a lot of armor was designed in mind vault suits or bos uniforms and everything else just morphed around them to make them work

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

also a shame a good deal of fo4 modding is dedicated to how can we work around this for our huge titty mods and not just can we make the mesh work with these vanilla bodies to look less ridiculous and big

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Fallout 4 can be pretty fun despite the voiced protagonist, or in this case thanks to it. I also think I really nailed the outfit.
http://xboxclips.com/tjiev/ddcb165e-4d51-4441-b328-a69b1417cbc2

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

You've got to give it to Bethesda, with marketing this game they're RPing an Overseer and seeing how many objectively bad decisions they can make and still have people give them millions of dollars because of the Fallout label :allears:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Berke Negri posted:

my backpack is just going to be half dozen half broken AER-9 laser rifles all painted different colors that reflect my given mood

Oh cool they confirmed paint jobs for everything?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Chinese Stealth Suit come on people.

Also Graham's LAPD vest with the tribal beadwork. And Cass's brahmin leather jacket.

Graham's outfit is really cool. I'm also fond of the reinforced leather armour in NV, I think it just looks smart. Also the Assassin Suit from Dead Money

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Keeshhound posted:

Far Harbor's Trapper Armor is pretty good (both variants look identical), as is the Marine Armor. I like the look of the Disciples armor in Nuka World for just being kinda weird.

Syth armor looks powerfully stupid.

Synth armor annoys me because it should be some kinda scientific miracle of lightweight plastics, yet it's the heaviest armor tier in the base game. When they added something heavier it was basically frameless power armor.

As for cool looking armor, this might be a cheat on the No Power Armor rule, but I liked the salvaged PA suits in New Vegas. My favorites though were the bespoke dusters Ulysses makes for you in Lonesome Road. Dusters look sweet in the wasteland. That's just a fact.

Least favorite: The Ranger Armor not worn by Veterans. The thing looks like it's made of brown car tires.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't like the segmented look of armor in fo4. the light versions can be especially ridiculous.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yes let's call this band of leather worn across your chest "light armor"

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Berke Negri posted:

I like combining the Leather Rebel from the Pitt with a Combat Helmet so my character looks like an extra from Colonel Kurtz's camp at the end of Apocalypse Now

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Rinkles posted:

yes let's call this band of leather worn across your chest "light armor"

I mean sure but this is every game ever

chiming in that ranger ranger armor never looked good to me

just kind of silly really

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

I mean sure but this is every game ever

this wouldn't constitute a chest piece in every game ever

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

HitTheTargets posted:

Synth armor annoys me because it should be some kinda scientific miracle of lightweight plastics, yet it's the heaviest armor tier in the base game.

It's made for robots, not people.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

in light leather chest armor defense it is one of the weakest armors in the game

but goes great with just about any under armor

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Riatsala posted:

Ah yes, the degradation system that has been an integral part of the series since the very first Fallout game: Fallout 3

The degradation system that, uh, isn't in Fallout 4...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

in light leather chest armor defense it is one of the weakest armors in the game

idk about that

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

light combat armor is fine, it covers vital areas it's basically a steel plate carrier you'd see irl

I get what they were going with synth armor but I don't think the execution landed properly

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Seedge posted:

The degradation system that, uh, isn't in Fallout 4...

It was a fake post:ssh:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

just realized the heavier version of the combat helmet had some extra gobbledygook in concept art

probably didn't want to mess with special hud overlays

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

I get what they were going with synth armor

i don't

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

probably didn't want to mess with special hud overlays

Actually I forgot there's only one combat armor helmet class in the game

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
My theory is that Fallout 4 was put out to gain feedback on their settlement, weapon/armor mod crafting, and radient quest systems, and that most of their manpower during development of FO4 was instead being diverted to Fallout 76, the bigger project they have in mind, which is why the settlement stuff feels like a prototype for how one would work in a multiplayer fallout game. It'd also explain why the story, characters (besides Moe Cronin and Nick Valentine), and quests felt so shallow, because they didn't really want to put a focus on those aspects, and instead play up the gameplay.

Berke Negri posted:

My favorite's gotta be Raul's Vaquero outfit, or if you mean an outfit that the player character can wear, I'm fond of the NCR Ranger outfit, hat and all

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 15, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

My theory is that Fallout 4 was put out to see how people would react to their settlement, weapon/armor mod crafting, and radient quest systems, and that most of their manpower during development of FO4 was instead being diverted to Fallout 76, the bigger project they have in mind, which is why the settlement stuff feels like a prototype for how one would work in a multiplayer fallout game. It'd also explain why the story, characters (besides Moe Cronin and Nick Valentine), and quests felt so shallow, because they didn't really want to put a focus on those aspects, and instead play up the gameplay.

I don't think so. F76 is the side project relegated to a lesser studio, not the other way around. Everything you said about 4 can be explained by Bethesda pursuing a design philosophy established in oblivion whilst being cognizant of recent popular trends.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Schubalts posted:

It's made for robots, not people.

Synths are people, you arrogant Institute bastard!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i meant aesthetics, light synth armor provides like, no practical benefit (but i appreciate the light chest piece as a kind of harnass overarmor on some outfits!!)

i think the concept art for the armor looked a lot better

that's pretty sturdy looking polymer armor that by the heavy variant covers all the important bits, but in game it just doesnt mesh that great (besides other weird things like you can't get your hands on the synth uniform that it is intended to go with outside of x6-88, and the synth uniform causes the armor to scale way more than it probably should making it look kind of ridiculous)

the discarded concepts on the right though all look pretty boss though but im guessing it wasnt visually distinctive enough from regular combat armor

Rinkles posted:

I don't think so. F76 is the side project relegated to a lesser studio, not the other way around. Everything you said about 4 can be explained by Bethesda pursuing a design philosophy established in oblivion whilst being cognizant of recent popular trends.

yeah bethesda game studios in interviews / documentaries have shown a pretty iterative design philosophy they build upon from each game. its kind of like looking back in hindsight you have morrowind/oblivion with absolutely no companion characters, fo3 introduces a small roster of mostly blank slate npcs to follow you around and be pack mules, then skyrim with a bit more interactivity (and wider selection) but by dawnguard/dragonborn expansions there's companions with very extensive reactivity (serena, that one dunmer dude) that kind of leads into fo4's system

settlements are just building upon hearthfire in skyrim + recognizing every game they've put out in gamebyro has some hacked together build your own town mod for it + looking at concurrent gaming trends with minecraft/survival sims being popular

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 15, 2018

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I saw a Baby On Board sticker on a passing car today that was like, a baby with shades or something. I initially mistook it to be a sticker of this dude on the right, which is practically the antithesis of a Baby On Board sticker:

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 15, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh my god, this Silver Shroud quest is amazing, my lovely main character has dialogue options that imitate him and everything :allears:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

silver shroud is pretty great because there's multiple quests across all the story dlcs that let you play as the shroud to resolve them and i can't speak for the nate VA but the nora VA really kills it every time

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the diamomd city radio guy becomes way less funy when you get him laid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Berke Negri posted:

silver shroud is pretty great because there's multiple quests across all the story dlcs that let you play as the shroud to resolve them and i can't speak for the nate VA but the nora VA really kills it every time

What quests can you do as the Shroud?