Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
I only got to play for an hour or so because I had to work, but I've enjoyed it so far.

Shrugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They were barely doing any damage to the guys at the start though. I think it's only when they fight back that you do full damage to them. Or something like that.

If they do, then their info bar above them is supposed to turn red, not stay....yellow...ish?

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Honestly, that ban makes me feel better about playing the game. One of the reasons I'm leery about MP games in general is that I'm worried about horribly bigoted gamers.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Bugs are pretty much objective, tho? Like, if the code doesn't do what the programmer intended, that's a bug, even if it turns out to do something cool and get adopted into an actual feature.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I wish power armor was strong enough to be creditable as a weapon. Airplanes at the time had machine guns on every surface imaginable, there were giant tanks and battleship cannons firing projectiles the size of a person, and we're supposed to believe a man in an iron suit shambling around with no integrated weaponry is something the army would feild. As it is, its just the most boring mech in gaming.

Fallout universe didn't invent the microchip, did they have smart bombs before the war?

I always kinda assumed the resource wars were basically fought with "futuristic" ww2 tech

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Entropic posted:

What is the platinum “chip” if they never got pst vacuum tubes?

A macguffin? I figured it was a reference to poker chips, tbh.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Entropic posted:

I though the dual meaning of “chip” was like the whole point.

That does make sense! I'm really kinda oblivious to stuff, alas

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

From what I can tell, it's not combat knives, specifically. You just need to have so much stuff in your inventory that you get disconnected. The glitch is based on the idea that your character status gets rolled back a few minutes in a disconnect which includes inventory. So basically it goes:

1-make your connection unstable so you'll eventually disconnect (this is the building 300 combat knives part)

2-get stuff you want to dupe out of your inventory and control, like drop them on the ground so a friend can pick them up for you

3-get disconnected. When you join back up with you friend, youll be restored to slightly before you got kicked off, aka, before you dropped all your stuff on the ground for your friend, so it will all be back in your inventory.....

BUT, your friend will still have the originals your dropped off for them, so now you both have the items. Duped.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

feelix posted:

How is the combat in Baldur's Gate any better than PS:T? It's the same engine and underlying D&D system, no? I'm honestly asking because I've never played Baldur's Gate and PS:T combat is horrible and people know it. But nobody ever complains about combat in Baldur's Gate. If Baldur's Gate combat is anything like PS:T, I think Fallout 1 and 2 are much more tolerable in 2018.

BG1 has now level 2nd ed d&d combat, so your characters die super easy.

Missile weapons with a high ROF are also the rulers of combat.

Fighter with long sword? A joke.

Fighter with darts? Lethal killing machine

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

The issue is they're advertising it as discounted from the regular price when it's never sold at that price. It's a dishonest presentation, which is why it's banned for businesses to advertise like this in most of the first world.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

So when Sega releases Yakuza Kiwami on Steam at a 10% discount for the first week (presumably, since they did the same with Bayonetta, Yakuza 0, Shenmue, and Vanquish), it's illegal because it has never been sold at full price? And let's not act like the US has anywhere near the same level of consumer protection as most other countries.

It is in a lot of places. And I know us consumer protection law sucks.

Legality is not equal to morality.

I've been playing 76 like crazy, at least a few hours every day since launch, I was in the beta. I really enjoy it.

But bethesda is doing some bullshit

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe some of us wanna know if folks we might buy a product from hate our guts and wanna use that money to try to kill us.

Especially a luxury product like a video game.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

TIL that genitals effect the types of video games one likes to play!

Serious business....

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

A house a few houses down from me has an NCR flag they fly on their flagpole.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

What gaming company is not cruel to employees?

Bethesda, apparently.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

SweetBro posted:

They come as specialized courtiers that typically have either high Stewardship (the money stat) or Subterfuge (the backstabby stat), in addition to the primary interactions most nations have with the jews is to borrow money from jewish money lenders and then "Expel the Jewry" so they don't have to pay them back.

For a game that tells the entirety of its narrative through mechanics, those mechanics say a lot.

That first part is kinda bad, but the second seems to show off how Jews got really kinda shat on, historically?

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

It shrinks faster than you can move.

You get a couple of minutes notice where it will shrink too.

I like it! It makes the environment itself something you have to work against, and you can't just hide to win games.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Iirc, the split was technically in 1947....or was it 48? I forget. But yeah, no big defining moment.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

Do they really? Like really? Ok tbf they did a patch that made them land more often and scream less but that was after several months and I had already achieved critical burnout before that.

The best way to kill them is to be near one of the brotherhood sam batteries

Edit: it's still very annoying though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

FairGame posted:

Wait, I never played this far in FO4.

Is the password really Railroad?

Yes it is.