Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I will be the one insane person to claim to have played Fallout Brotherhood of Steel for the PS2. To completion, even!

It was an overhead action-RPG using the same engine as the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games of the same era. There's honestly not much to say about it beyond it being a mediocre RPG that had Tony Jay voicing the main villain. Which, if you grew up watching Mighty Max or Reboot in the 90s, might be enough to get you to play. (Don't.)

Notable things include:
-a near ever-present advertising tie-in with Bawls, mainly in the form of surprisingly-intact billboards. Bawls bottlecaps were worth more, for obvious reasons.
-the Vault Dweller as an old man (and playable character after you've beaten the game)

I like this picture, actually.

-similarly, Paladin Rhombus from Fallout 1, also as an old man and as a playable character after you finish the game. (He dies. Whatever.)
-Harold appears (or at least it's a ghoul named Harold), except he's all creepy-looking and wants to bang a hooker. I can't remember if he had the tree in his head or not.
-vaguely related, the 'sexy' women in the game have almost comically large breasts and skimpy tops. One of them is leader of a group of raiders.
-uh, geez, what else... much later in the game when you get closer to a Vault (because of course there's a Vault), stores get replaced with SHOP-TEC vending machines, which I only remember for having a 3D Vault Boy rotating on the top. And a vague impression that I'm just pouring the mountains of bottlecaps I'm carrying into it to fabricate items, which was a fun mental image.
-I faintly remember a fat Russian-sounding guy in a vault jumpsuit burning down super mutants with a flamethrower near the end of the game. I think he was making weapons on the sly in the Vault you find. Godspeed you, crazy Russian man.

In short, the game is skipable and if you want to play something from that era in the same genre, try finding The Bard's Tale instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU