Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Rookersh posted:

More then half those unmarked quests are repeatable quests also. Even more are super banal talk to a guy a few feet away type things.

I've only done it once, but it's totally possible to 100% do every quest in F3, plus have 60-80% of the map explored within 20 hours of gameplay. Including at least the Pitt/Anchorage.

I skipped Point Lookout because by the time I got there the ghouls took a billion rounds, and I skipped Mothership Zeta because lol. But yeah, F3 is actually a very tiny contained little experience you can do over a weekend if you'd like.

I just finished Point Lookout. It's the best DLC, I guess, but all the quests there are real short so it's not like it's that much more poo poo. Vengeance and The Terrible Shotgun handled everything just fine though.

Still probably made the right call, since that would mean more FO3. The Swampfolk are a huge waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I didn't think I'd miss human NPCs because Bethesda's stories are bad, but wow this poo poo sucks. After everything I've seen this game somehow manages to still be disappointing.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

why are any of you weirdos playing this. you could replay new vegas.

Free's a good price to satisfy some morbid curiosity. Also it's kinda making me appreciate NV more - I never thought much about raiders but now that I've only got bugs and fake ghouls, I miss the raiders.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

potaties posted:

I'm giving this anothet shot and playing the free week. I played in the pre-order beta but I ended up cancelling it due to bugs. I've already had the game crash on me again, within the first 30 minutes, when I used a plan for metal arms. I keep hearing like, "the game has seriously improved since launch!" But I can't find any rundown of what's actually improved. Are these people delusional, like I'm assuming?

My friend and I found out we could get a pretty consistent crash if attempting to travel to a location while one of us was on the icon. Also my friends list periodically refused to sync so using the travel to friend option was just out of the question. Then his past ghost got stuck at the Gorge Scrapyard, so that was cool.

Also I guess people don't really fight for public workshops much. And the enemy waves get stuck on the fences. edit: Like if this is an improvement, I shudder to think what it was like before.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 12, 2019

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Powershift posted:

Have they tried making the game good?

That's a lot of money going to things that aren't the atom shop.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Serious question are Jews not considered white?

I feel like most people view them as white. Seems like you can be both imo.

Whiteness wasn't really a concept in medieval times, but then Jewish people were seen by Europeans as fundamentally other and exploitable or destroyable. You can be religiously Jewish and/or ethnically part of the Jewish diaspora, the latter of which has not really been seen as white and definitely not by white supremacists. edit: I mean poo poo, Benjamin Franklin talked about Germans as being "swarthy". Whether or not a group of people are considered white, and just how white, depends on who you're asking and when you're asking them.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 12, 2019

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I did it, I found my breaking point. I was doing an event quest that amounted to listening to some dumb robot tell a bad campfire story, then after ten minutes or so of that poo poo I had to keep a fire fed with four people. It was getting low so I hurried to the kindling and watched the bar fill up as I grabbed it but I guess there was lag so the mission failed anyways. No reward, just a complete waste of my loving time.

I've seen level 200s and I don't get it. Those people surely have FO4, I do not get what it is that keeps them playing what is just an objectively worse FO4. I'm glad I got to try this for free to eradicate any sort of interest in maybe picking this up when it dropped to 10 dollars. Free is actually too much.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Alot of people already finished upgrading their backpack so they don't care about it as much anymore.

Yeah but it's bad. It is FO4 with lag and no mods. Inter-player interaction is barely extant, and also the game is bad. Even if you've got all the poo poo and don't have to deal with nearly as stringent weight restrictions it doesn't suddenly become better than the game it is a pretty direct copy of mechanically. I don't understand how you get to like level 40 or 50 and not go "wait this is a game I own, but worse and without modding."

Even if you really want to do an open world survival thing with friends you just have so so so many better options. This brings nothing to the table and also whoops uncle 76 is drunk and he brought a bag of stale half eaten chips to the party.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There are mods.

The rest is correct.

So there are, although I see it's basically limited to graphical, inventory, and audio tweaks. FO4 but worse and with limited modding.

edit: Also the nuclear power plant should have been a legit group event, not a midsized FO4 dungeon with the world's most generous time limit. None of the public events I hosed with at all felt like I needed the extra help. Even the one that I failed out on was because of lag, not because we were in any sense being overwhelmed. Maybe there's some legit poo poo later on but a multiplayer game should have that baked in from the start, not me playing a single player game near other people.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 13, 2019

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

caps cap(25k caps)

is that a loving joke? edit: loving why. At least individual pieces of equipment have a few different values to track. An integer value is the same size either way.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 13, 2019

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Every time I see mobile games that have an in-game currency and a rarer currency that's either gotten rarely or requires money to buy, I think:

"Why can't I use a lot of the easily farmable stuff to get a little of the rarer stuff?"

10,000 caps for 100 Atoms or something, to make grabbing caps actually mean something besides it just being taxi fare to get around the map

Because they don't make money off that transaction, and if you can freely farm up specific amounts that's going to thwart attempts to leave you with small excesses of their premium currency. It's why you can only buy multiples of 500 atoms (plus "bonuses") but there's things worth 300 or 400 or other amounts. They want you to have leftover amounts that can only easily be handled by buying more.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 14, 2019

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Thanks to reading this thread, I've decided to reinstall New Vegas and play through the DLC, since I only went through vanilla back in the day. Any recommendations on QoL mods and such?

I actually just finished setting up NV for a new run myself. New Vegas Anti Crash and New Vegas Stutter Remover are still good I think, as is 4GB Fallout New Vegas. There's a mod to remove/quiet ED-E's atrocious movement noises, an armour repair kit mod, a portable campsite if you play survival, an FO4 style quick loot menu and a mod for EVE that makes the goo piles work like normal lootables, some improvements to the recipe menu, and a mod to speed up the Sleep/Wait menu. Yukichigai's profile also has a lot of just generally good little tweaks. I think all their little fixes have been rolled into their unofficial patch. edit: Also a weapon wheel mod with some other nice features. If you haven't modded a Bethesda game before, grab and install Mod Organizer 2.

And of course a good hundred different hi-res retextures to make the game pretty.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 29, 2019

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Mycroft Holmes posted:

what's a good mod loadout for fallout 4? i just reinstalled after reading some fanfics.

Sim Settlements makes the settlement gameplay more interesting, if just because now you don't have to individually build every dumb rear end in a top hat an entire house. If you want you can even set the settlements to build themselves. Plus it's got a raider component that's being worked on. Wall pass through conduits, Snapable Junk Fences, and Longer Power Lines all make settlements less obnoxious to set up; Everyone's Best Friend lets you have dogmeat and another companion; Salvage Beacons lets you dump poo poo off for settlers to pick up; Unlimited Survival Mode lets you quicksave in survival mode because the engine's unstable as hell and whoever thought that needed to be shut off is wrong; Quieter Settlements and Quieter Crafting bring blessed peace to the commonwealth; Legendary Crafting lets you move legendary buffs to other pieces of equipment or mulch them to craft the ones you actually want and Legendary Helmets should have been in the base game; and Faster Workshop is a godsend that fixes what I guess was a naive solution to FO4's workshop.

A lot of the mods on the first few posts of the FO4 modding thread are fine, and SeanBeansShako has made a bunch of posts that spotlight decent mods.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Just loving charge for the exit game button. Do it you cowards.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
None of that poo poo's hard to find though. Unless it's like duct tape or some poo poo. When I played during the free weekend me and my friend never had issues with food, stimpaks, or getting our hands on weapons or armor. The only item that was ever in any way scarce was the junk for upgrades and repairs.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

RedRaven posted:

They deleted several users Power Armor and several mutations.

They also re-introduced several bugs that were solved in previously builds.

good poo poo right there

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Katt posted:

Can someone give me a brief description of what fallout 76 even is.

Is it an MMO or more like instance cooperative play like borderlands? Do you build stuff together like minecraft?

Have you played Fallout 4? Now add lag, take away a settlement's ability to automatically generate resources while you're gone except for the workshops you either have to babysit or risk randos robbing you, and add in players you don't really have a reason to interact with except maybe in the Survival Mode where you can actually kill them. Also if you gently caress with the workshop stuff pray you don't DC, or crash, or have to restart because something got borked, because if you do and can't rejoin that server welp gently caress you idiot.

You can build stuff in some one else's CAMP but once you put it down it's theirs and you won't get it back. Nothing's instanced, unless that changed recently, which is probably for the best because most of the actual inter-team interaction ends up being playing Fallout 76 next to another group also playing Fallout 76. On the off chance two groups actually end up near each other on such a large sparsely populated map.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
It's not. Not in any meaningful sense anyways.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
fallout 76 might be a bad video game

when i attempt to run 76 it tells me it's time to kill & it's time to die, help?

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Just have fun with it. The game isn't super hard. Don't bother playing on a max difficulty for more legendaries because the drop chances of getting something good is totally hosed.

Ashsaber posted:

I have no idea how legionaries really work, but, gently caress it. PC version, there's a mod for that.

With this mod you can take legendary mods off of things and put them on other things they're suited for. You can also scrap the legendaries you get for microchips to make the specific mod you want.

But also yeah, don't play on the harder difficulties because bullet sponge poo poo isn't fun. If you wanna gently caress with survival mode, here's a mod to make survival damage not moronic and here's a mod to tweak survival so you can do stuff like quicksave or open up the console. Because it's a Bethesda game and poo poo crashes. And a mod to disable the illnesses if you want, since they're really more nuisances than a meaningful gameplay element.