Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tei posted:

Edit:
at the time I posted this, they have published a patch that address many balance issues. Weird or not, they do care about balance (!).

they did a real good job by helping balance the fact that most enemies are basically just bullet sponges by making it harder to find and craft bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

So last patch they nerfed workshops this patch they Nerf loot drops and events what do they want players to actually do?

melee

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Feed the People: Fixed an issue in which completing the Feed the People Event Quest granted Canned Meat Stew to all players on the server, rather than only the quest’s participants.

I honestly thought this was a cool feature that allowed players to actually feed the people in the server. Of course not.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Apparently if you have the carnivore or herbivore mutations you cant receive mutations from the Enclave serums. Like, you can buy them and then take it, but you wont actually receive the mutation, you'll just receive the diminished negative effects.

Those mutations cost 4k caps each lol.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rinkles posted:

It sounds like that was fixed in this patch.

oof one of my ps4 friends just uninstalled the game because he lost 12k to this bug.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

No way this is true right

It is 100% True lol. Given the crafting requirements (10 Acid, 5 Oil, 2 Steel), and the amount of fuel needed to make the flamer work for any good amount of time, one would assume the output was supposed to be 50 fuel... lol

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I've been wondering about the legendary effect stacking. Why was it put into the game?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

lmao

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

ASenileAnimal posted:

lmao i spent like over an hour doing a daily quest and right when i went to conplete it i got disconnected from the server and it erased all my progress lmao owned

This has happened every single time I’ve tried to do a daily quest...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rinkles posted:

wanna get excited about bobby pins being 100x lighter, but i think i've had enough of this game

Wasn't the fusion core generators producing less part of a patch?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/1pB3jkcq5unlYTB3TTURrZ/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-17-2019

bethesda posted:

Changes to the Two-Shot Legendary Mod:
The Two-Shot Legendary Mod will be undergoing a few balance changes in this next patch. We know that there has been some frustration over how powerful this mod is, especially when it comes to being the victim of it. With Patch 5, the damage bonus for Two Shot legendary modded weapons has been reduced to +25% damage, and the Two Shot legendary mod can no longer be looted in the world.

Bethesda is finally doing something about balance, by completely getting rid of the two shot legendary effects and by reducing its effect on already existing weapons by what, 75%?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

If I’m understanding, it’s more like a 60% drop because the damage reduction is only to the “second bullet.”

So those who have one will have a weapon that does 25% more damage than anything else that can be found in the game from patch 5 on?

Is there any reason not to go full melee other than having some backup plan for sb/queen? We going back to the fo4 days of getting a crippling weapon and bullet spam?

tbh you should probably even go melee for SBQ too. Most people only do damage to the queen when she's on the ground.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

I thought the bigger issue lay with the explosive mod?

Also I guess that talk about looking at Vendor schematic loadouts is shelved in favor of the bafflingly implemented PvP mode.

Yeah, to be honest, it does seem the bigger issue is with Explosive and generally, TSE weapons. An easy fix would just be put Two Shot and Explosive into the same category of Legendary effect, that way they wont show up together on the same weapons.
But you see, Bethesda already fixed the problem with the explosive legendary effect! With a new perk! That you either have to sacrifice another perk for, or you have to switch in and out every time you start a fight, lol.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Lol Bethesda is already backpedaling on the two shot legendary effect no longer appearing, and nothing being done about the explosive legendary effect:

Bethesda posted:

(UPDATED) Changes to the Two-Shot and Explosive Legendary Mods:
The Two-Shot and Explosive Legendary Mods will be undergoing a few balance changes in this next patch. We know that there has been some frustration over how powerful these mods are, particularly when combined and used in player vs. player combat. With Patch 5, the damage bonus for Two Shot Legendary modded weapons has been reduced from +100% to +25% damage and the Two Shot legendary mod can no longer be looted in the world. The Explosive Legendary mod has a reduced damage bonus, now adding +20% of the base weapon damage with explosive radius damage instead of +100%. Note: This was a misunderstanding in what was being addressed with these mods. They will still be available in the world but are just undergoing some balance changes. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the changes.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Bethesda released an Inside the Vault that detailed the new survival mode (which I guess is still in BETA?). Highlights include:

Bethesda posted:

You’re free to create new characters for Survival mode, and encouraged to do so, but you can also use your existing ones. If you do take on Survival mode with an existing character, keep in mind that all your progress from Adventure mode will travel with you, and anything that affects your character in one game mode will also affect them in the other. This means that if you fire off all your ammo, level up, complete a quest, spend Caps, or find a fancy new weapon in Survival, this will also be reflected on that character in Adventure. If you’d rather keep your existing characters as they are, we recommend starting a new one when you head into the more challenging Survival mode.

Survival mode is not for the faint of heart! All players, except your teammates or event groupmates, are automatically flagged as hostile toward one another by default. There are no “invitations” to PVP combat in Survival mode. You can attack other players without restriction from the first shot you line up, meaning every encounter you have with a stranger could turn deadly in the blink of an eye.

As this will be our first implementation of a Survival mode, we plan to experiment with different rules after Beta release, such as death mechanics. Currently, players who die in Survival mode will be unable to use the seek revenge respawn option against their aggressors and can only choose to respawn at their C.A.M.P. or Vault 76. We’re also planning to award you double the Caps when you kill another player, and they may drop their Aid or other items in addition to their Junk. Added risks and rewards like these in Survival mode PVP will make each of your deaths more devastating, and every kill you rack up much more lucrative. However, it’s important to note that these changes aren’t set in stone, and we’ll be looking to make adjustments based on playtesting and your feedback during the Survival Beta.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tei posted:

I have attacked people for no reason in F76, but it was for no reason. If they want to give me a special game mode, they need to give me a reason, like double xp, or double loot.

Do you guys follow my illogic?

oh what, is extra caps and some healing items from the people you shoot not enough?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

wow this is lovely.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Why nerf the Demolitions expert without giving a buff to explosive weapons? They're already weak enough as is, especially when you take into consideration the weight of the ammo?

Bethesda keeps talking about balance, but has done pretty much nothing about energy weapons, grenades, explosives, or big guns. Like, from the BETA people have been complaining about these weapons being basically useless.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I'm having in issue with my weapons where it when I shoot someone their health will go down a decent amount but then when I shoot them again too quickly, their health goes back up halfway. I can't shoot enemies too quickly otherwise it takes double the amount of bullets to kill them... Wasn't this supposed to be patched out a while ago?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/322465/upcoming-maintenance-and-duped-item-removals-feb-14-2019?language=en

They finally figured out how to remove duped items lol. This is going to be entertaining

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rinkles posted:

oh boy with their track record of flawless patching...

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/322679/duped-items-removed-feb-14-2019

It seems like they actually did it in a way that makes sense I guess? They looked for commonly duped items, and if you had more than one of those duped items, they got rid of all but one. Idk, that actually sounds like a reasonable way of getting rid of duped items, and if they could do these sweeps often, a kind of effective way of slowing duping to a crawl...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
To be honest im not even sure they can completely patch duping methods.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
From what I recall, most duping methods exploited the saving mechanic that the servers have to stop you from losing everything in your inventory in case of a server crash...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

WILD APPALACHIA
RELEASE: SPRING 2019
New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
They kinda already have all the tapes and this just sounds like a daily thing of go kill a monster.
New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
Another lovely daily quest located at BFE part of the map no one goes too.
New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
This should have totally be in the game in at launch.
New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
I thought they said this would be in at launch.
New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
So basically the nuka distillers from nuka world? Kinda should have already been in the game.
New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
A new event that happens with useless masks, meh.
New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Pvp in the game is just awful.

NUCLEAR WINTER
RELEASE: SUMMER 2019
New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
This will just be warmth and wet modifiers to go with food and drink. So maybe something they could have cannibalized from mods already.
New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
Snore super duper mobs that take millions of bullets.
New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
More skills to not balance or maybe to fix their awful skills.

WASTELANDERS
RELEASE: FALL 2019
Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.
The fireworks will be wet.

lol a ton of this stuff either should have already been in at launch or was literally a part of the launch videos

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
also, that wastelanders one... are they adding npc's?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
like, it would make sense with that name and description... so no.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

or they could have actually made a port of the bethesda single player experience. you could do a destiny ripoff centered on a vault and put a bunch of npcs in the vault to talk to, and it wouldn't even be that hard

I was honestly very surprised Fallout 76 wasn't just this.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
The reddit for this game is hilarious. I really enjoy the people who post bugs that even the Bethesda community managers acknowledge as real existing bugs, who immediately get yelled at for being anti-bethesda or whatever, or are straight up accused of lying.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

:same:

My conclusion from having heard people talking about it at the time is that the only reason liked it was they were just wowed by the visuals.

thats pretty much it. It made an insane amount of money but has had almost no real cultural impact.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Crabtree posted:

I forget, did Falout 76 brick any systems? Because if not, Todd's gotta step up his game now that Anthem's the fuckup de jour.

there will be plenty of opportunities with the updates coming up

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

twit666 posted:

Died. Couldn't find my god damned lunch bag filled with all kinds of good poo poo. gently caress this game.

My favorite glitch is when you die and you get the mission to get your loot and the map markers never show up so you have to look around where you died and this happens.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I really like Bethesda's strategy of nerfing the perk that makes it cheaper to repair armor a couple updates before they introduce repair kits lol. Also, apparently the food is spoiling faster now?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

pip boy the usurper has cowed the brahman and mastered the seven shapes of decay

lmfao. I'd assumed that the food spoiling rates was because they introduced the alcohol that ferments and Bethesda couldn't figure out how to make it the alcohol ferment at a faster rate than the food spoiling rate, but this is so much better.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
lol the reddit is almost entirely people saying repair kits are stupid

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Patch notes are out and theres actually some pretty good changes it looks like, including the single most important change which is now that insult bot actually insults you instead of just following you around yelling at you to stop and wait.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Actual notes:

Bethesda posted:

NEW WILD APPALACHIA CONTENT
NEW QUESTLINE – LYING LOWE

The Lying Lowe questline is now available! Begin your investigation into this mysterious case by finding and reading one of the “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters in Lewisburg or at Train Stations around Appalachia.
“Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters are also available for free in the Atomic Shop until 9:00 a.m. EDT on May 7. Once claimed, you can place the poster in your C.A.M.P. and read it to start the quest.

NEW DUNGEON – THE BURROWS (COMING APRIL 16)
A new dungeon experience will become available one week following today’s patch, on April 16.
This challenging venture will take you beneath Harper’s Ferry as you follow in the footsteps of the Brotherhood of Steel, who sent their forces underground for unknown reasons.
Even the heartiest of Appalachian adventurers will have difficulty exploring The Burrows alone. Assemble a squad and make sure your gear is up to snuff before taking on this subterranean battleground.

DESIGN AND BALANCE

SURVIVAL MODE BETA
Death Mechanics: The amount of Aid dropped on death has been significantly reduced.
Death Mechanics: The number of Caps lost when killed by another player has been reduced from double to 25% of that character’s level.
For example, A level 60 character who is killed in Survival will now lose 15 Caps, rather than 120. The killer in this case will earn 15 Caps.
Scoreboards: Map highlights for the top 3 ranked players are now based on the Players Killed Scoreboard rather than Longest Life.
Temporary Invulnerability: In a recent hotfix, we addressed an issue that could prevent the temporary invulnerability effect from being applied correctly to players after Fast Traveling or Respawning.

VENDOR FACTION UPDATES
A Vendor from each faction except the Enclave can now be found downstairs in the shops at The Whitespring Resort.
This should help reduce the need to Fast Travel in order to visit multiple Vendor Factions when buying and selling items.
The pool of 200 Caps that was previously allocated to each Vendor Faction has been merged into one combined pool of 1,400 Caps that is shared across all Factions.
This means that buying items from, or selling items to, a Vendor will update the pool of available Caps across all Vendor Factions.
This change should offer more flexibility when buying and selling higher-priced items, or when attempting to trade many items at once.
The Vendor Cap pool still resets after 20 real-time hours.

TURRET ATTACK DAMAGE AND RANGE TUNING
Player-built Turrets are now affected by player PvP damage rules, which feature damage scaling, as well as an increase in base damage for all types of Turrets, ranging from +15% to +100% damage depending the Turret.
Additionally, Turret attack ranges have been increased to match players’ weapon ranges.
The Shotgun Turret’s projectile spread has been reduced to better match the Combat Shotgun.
These changes should help Turrets in C.A.M.P.s and Workshops pose a bigger and more consistent threat against attackers.

ADDITIONAL DESIGN AND BALANCE UPDATES
C.A.M.P.: The chance to acquire milk from a Brahmin spawned at a player’s C.A.M.P. has been reduced by half.
Challenges: Consume Alcohol Challenges have had their requirements reduced from 50 and 25 beverages to 20 and 10.
Challenges: Craft Alcohol Challenges have had their requirements reduced from 50 and 25 beverages to 20 and 10.
Food: The rate at which Food spoils is now more consistent.
Items: Resources that glowing creatures drop as loot in nuke zones, such as Glowing Mass and Hardened Mass, are now instanced for all players who deal damage to those creatures.
Items: Equipping Armor with Cryogenic or Incendiary Legendary Mods no longer causes the wearer to become hostile toward attacking players in Adventure Mode prior to returning fire.
V.A.T.S.: No longer targets friendly or neutral players or creatures.

USER INTERFACE

NEW FEATURE – NEWS SCREEN
Upon logging in, a new screen will automatically display to notify you of the new Fallout 76 announcements, Atomic Shop offers, patch notes, and the latest game-related news.
The top of the news screen will display four different items. You can cycle through them by pressing d-pad right and left on controllers, or by clicking on PC.
A “More Info” option will appear along the bottom edge of the screen when viewing some news items. Selecting this may take you to a related article on Fallout.com or into the Atomic Shop.
The news screen can be dismissed by selecting the “Main Menu” option to view the game’s Main Menu.
Once closed, the news screen can be re-opened at any time from the Main Menu by selecting the “News” option that has been added to the bottom-center of the screen.

NEW FEATURE – ITEM RENAMING
Add a personal touch to a wide variety of items by giving them custom names.
Items that can be renamed include: Apparel, Armor, Weapons, Power Armor Chassis, and Power Armor pieces you own.
Weapons that stack, like Throwing Knives or Grenades cannot be renamed.
To rename an item, select it in your Inventory, Stash, or a Workbench, and choose the “Inspect” option. Then, select the “Rename” option to enter and save a custom name for that item.
Items can be renamed as many times as you like.
Choose the “Clear Name” option to restore an item’s default name.
A custom name will only appear to the player who originally renamed that item, and the item will return to its default name when traded, sold, or dropped.

ADDITIONAL USER INTERFACE UPDATES
Item Assignment Icons: When viewed in the Stash or transfer menus, items that have been assigned to an object now display icons next to their names indicating where they have been assigned.
Dev Note: For the moment, these icons will only appear on items assigned to the Fermenter. In future updates, we plan to implement more of these types of icons for other new features, such as player vending and display cases.
Fermenter: Items that have Condition will now display Condition bars next to their names when viewed in the Fermenter.
Map: Selecting a marker on the Map will now make it visible in front of any other overlapping Map icons, such as teammate icons.
Stash: The Stash container preview window has been removed, and the transfer menu must be opened to view the contents of the Stash.
Dev Note: This type of preview window makes it quick and easy to loot a few items from containers you find, but it isn’t the best way to cycle through your entire Stash. Additionally, removing this window from the Stash affords us a small performance improvement. As a result, we’ve removed this window in favor of opening the full transfer menu to view your Stash inventory.
Voice: Removed support for Xbox Kinect as a microphone option in the interest of overall performance and optimization for the game.

ART AND GRAPHICS
Animation: Characters now sip a refreshing beverage while toiling away at the Brewing Workbench.
Graphics: Corpseflowers have received updated visual effects that will help them be more noticeable at night.

SOUND
Main Menu: Sound effects now play when highlighting the Adventure and Survival options when choosing a mode after selecting “Play”.
Survival Beta: Sound effects now play upon placing a Bounty on another player after being killed in the Survival Mode Beta.
Survival Beta: Sound effects now play upon receiving a Bounty from another player who has been killed in the Survival Mode Beta.

BUG FIXES

PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
General: Players will no longer encounter a black screen after respawning at Harper's Ferry while wearing Power Armor.
Performance: Reduced client hitching that could occur around creatures and other players.
Performance: Improved server performance when moving through an area with many containers; e.g. the Scorched Beast Queen fight.
Performance: Addressed issue that would affect performance when browsing the Atomic Shop.
Performance: The Atomic Shop’s initial loading time has been improved, greatly reducing the delay before a player can enter the Atomic Shop.
Performance: Made optimization improvements during the character save process.
Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause the game client to become unresponsive after Fast Traveling or Respawning.
Stability: Addressed a crash that could occur when another player claimed a Workshop.
Stability: Addressed an issue that could cause the client to crash after dying and respawning multiple times while wearing Power Armor

ART AND GRAPHICS
Animation: Fixed several animation issues affecting various Emotes.
Animation: Fixed a visual issue that could cause Power Armor pieces to briefly disappear when exiting a Power Armor Station.
Animation: Made adjustments to reload animations for several weapons, including the Short Lever Action Rifle, Handmade Gun, and Combat Rifle.
Animation: Fixed an issue that could cause Power Fist animations to stop playing in certain situations.
Animation: Dying just after entering furniture no longer causes those animations to continue to play after death.
Animation: A bottle will no longer appear to float near the player while using the Brewing Workbench.
Environment: Fixed collision issues in the tower of the Church in the Mire.
Environment: Rain no longer appears to fall inside of buildings and structures when moving the camera from side to side.
Graphics: Switching from a Power Armor helmet to another type of helmet no longer causes the character’s hair to disappear.
Graphics: The Salvaged Assaultron Head’s visual effects that display when the weapon is charged are now correctly visible to other players.
Items: The back side of the Vault-Tec Leather Chest now correctly appears when viewing the item in the Inspect menu.
Items: The Pipe Bolt-Action Pistol ammo no longer appears to clip through the back of the gun in third person view.
World: Exiting a Workbench while in third person view no longer causes the game camera to always face true north.
World: Drinking Nukashine and blacking out while using furniture no longer results in camera issues.

C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
Blueprints: When attempting to place a Blueprint that contains a locked object, such as a locked door, the material costs to place the locked item will now appear correctly.
Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to gain a free C.A.M.P. placement.
Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow beverages to be duplicated.
Crafting: In Modify mode, the “Variant” option no longer incorrectly appears after selecting an object that has variants.
Crafting: Fixed an issue in which several C.A.M.P. objects could appear placeable even if the player lacked the materials required to build them.
Crafting: When attempting to replace an existing mod on an item with a new mod, players will now receive a notification informing them that the currently equipped mod will be destroyed.
Crafting: Fixed an issue where unlearned objects were missing icons and preview images in the build menu.
Crafting: Vault-Tec Bed variants 1 and 2 now correctly appear in the crafting menu after the player learns the associated plans.
Crafting: Addressed an inconsistency in how object costs and quantities were displayed when using the “Repair All” option.
Fermenter: Beverages assigned to a Fermenter no longer continue to ferment if the Fermenter is destroyed.
Fermenter: The Fermenter menu will now close if the Fermenter is destroyed while the menu is open.
Fermenter: Fixed an issue that would cause the Fermenter Tutorial to repeatedly appear.
Fermenter: Fixed an issue where items from Fermenter would be lost if C.A.M.P. could not be placed.
Neon Letters: Fixed several issues affecting placement of Neon Letters, Numbers, and Symbols.
Pylons: Players can no longer bypass a keypad that has been connected to a Power Pylon when attempting to toggle the power to that Pylon.
Workbenches: The Vault-Tec Weapons Workbench no longer changes positions after its owner Fast Travels.
Workbenches: Fixed an issue in which the Power Armor Station menu could persist on-screen if the station was destroyed while in-use.
Workshop: Fixed an issue in which Workshop defense event quests could be marked as complete before all enemies were killed.
Workshop: If the current Workshop owner disconnects while another player is contesting ownership, the contesting player will automatically be selected as the new owner.

CHALLENGES
Daily: Wearing a Sun Hat when taking a picture now correctly progresses the “Take a Picture While Wearing a Hat” Challenge.
Daily: Wearing a Sun Hat when collecting Caps now correctly progresses the “Collect Caps While Wearing a Hat” Challenge.
Daily: The “Craft Alcohol While Intoxicated and Wearing a Beer Hat” can now be properly completed while under the effects of Chems.
Combat: Using a Railway Rifle to kill a Robot now correctly progresses the “Kill a Robot with a Rifle” Challenge.
Combat: Using a Flare Gun to kill a Robot now correctly progresses the “Kill a Robot with a Pistol” Challenge.
Social: On consoles, the “Make a Friend” Challenge now correctly completes after successfully adding a friend.
Weekly: The “Kill a Megasloth” subchallenge for the “Kill Different Kinds of Tough Enemies” Weekly Challenge now correctly completes upon killing a Megasloth.

ENEMIES
Encounters: Fixed a wilderness encounter in which two enemy types would not fight each other as expected. One of the enemies was replaced by Bees and will now correctly fight with Ghouls.
Insult Bot: The Insult Bot will now insult you.
Ranged Enemies: Fixed an issue where certain Creatures were not using their Sprint movement behavior while within max attack range.
Dev Note: Some melee-focused creatures were incorrectly using maximum attack range (instead of "desired" range) when deciding whether to Sprint towards their target. Affected creatures will now Sprint much more often, making them faster overall and better at engaging with melee combat. (ex. Angler, HoneyBeast, Snallygaster)
Respawn: Large enemies no longer spawn in incompatible locations.

ITEMS
Ammo: Fixed an issue that could prevent Ammo from being automatically equipped if it was dropped and then picked up again.
Exploits: Addressed an exploit that could result in infinite ammo for the Gatling Laser and Gatling Plasma.
Food: Buffs and other effects applied after consuming food, such as Radstag Meat or Appalachian Chili, now persist across play sessions if the player logs out before the timers for those effects expire.
Weapons: Holiday Emotes now work correctly when weapons are equipped.
Weapons: The Railway Rifle now correctly benefits from rifle-related Perks.
Weapons: The Salvaged Assaultron Head no longer fires all Fusion Cells in a player’s inventory on the first shot.
Weapons: Charged weapons, such as the Salvaged Assaultron Head, now correctly deal increased damage in proportion to the number of times they have been charged.
Weapons: Attempting to fire the Salvaged Assaultron Head while it is charging will no longer cause the player to take radiation damage, as if it had been successfully fired.

QUESTS AND EVENTS
Always Vigilant: Upon completing the quest, item rewards will no longer appear before the quest completion fanfare.
Black Mountain Ordinance Works: Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up the TNT Dome Key 7 at Overlook Cabin if another player had already collected it.
Census Violence: This event no longer occasionally spawns critters instead of enemy creatures.
Coming to Fruition: Turrets no longer respawn in the armory courtyard if they had previously been destroyed.
Exploits: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to repeatedly gain XP during the Key to the Past quest.
Irrational Fear: The event timer no longer momentarily disappears from the quest tracker.
Supply Drops: Nearby players no longer receive the Miscellaneous Objective instructing them to find another player’s Government Supply Drop.
Swarm of Suitors: Fixed several issues that could prevent players from progressing the Swarm of Suitors Event.
Wasted on Nukashine: Fixed an issue that could cause the Nukashine Supply Room password to lose its status as a quest item if the player became disconnected.

PERKS
Animal Friend, Wasteland Whisperer: Pacified creatures no longer attack C.A.M.P. objects like Generators or Artillery.
Animal Friend, Wasteland Whisperer: Pacified creatures no longer become aggressive if the player has the Plague Walker Mutation.
Cap Collector: Addressed an issue that could prevent the “Search” option from being displayed while viewing Cap containers.
Escape Artist: Gaining invisibility from the Chameleon Mutation while already invisible from the Escape Artist Perk, or vice versa, no longer results in permanent invisibility.
Shared Perks: No longer automatically become unshared if the sharing player’s Charisma stat is modified.

SOUND
Alpine Horn: Increased the volume of the Alpine Horn’s sound effects when activated.
C.A.M.P. Objects: The Waving Santa statue now correctly plays its merry jingle while powered on.
Wanted: The Wanted notification sound effect no longer plays every time a Wanted player closes their Pip-Boy or Map.
Workbenches: Fixed an issue affecting the ratchet sound effects that play while at a Tinker’s Workbench.

USER INTERFACE
Challenges: Fixed an issue that could cause notification text to appear truncated when making progress toward a tracked challenge.
Challenges: The notification text and animated Atom icon that display upon completing a Challenge no longer overlap.
Challenges: Several Daily and Weekly Challenges have had their titles shortened to improve consistency in the Challenge Menu.
Compass: While wearing Power Armor, Map and Quest markers no longer appear misaligned from their actual locations in the Compass.
Challenges: Fixed an issue that could cause the Atom and Perk Card Pack reward symbols to appear misaligned in the Challenges Menu.
Favorites: When Favoriting multiple weapons of the same type, the radial favorites wheel now correctly saves players’ selections across play sessions.
Hotkeys: On PC, the “Toggle Unlockables” button that appears while using Workbenches is now correctly bound to the “V” key.
Localization: Lengthy Sub Challenge titles no longer extend beyond the edges of the screen when viewing the Challenges Menu while using a Spanish game client.
Main Menu: Corrected a minor texture issue in the Wild Appalachia Main Menu video.
Main Menu: Hovering over the Atomic Shop while it is still loading no longer causes a grey highlight to persist.
Map: Player icons no longer appear on the Map for characters inside Vault 76 who have not yet completed character creation.
Map: Hunter/Hunted assassination target quest markers no longer appear offset from the target’s actual location when viewing the Map.
Player Reporting: The confirmation message after reporting another player now includes a URL directing them to the Customer Support website.
Power Armor: When replacing a Power Armor mod that is required by another mod to work, such as the Mothman Power Armor Paint and Headlamp, a message will now appear, stating “This will destroy the currently equipped mod and any mods that require it.”
Quick Swap: Unequipping Apparel or Throwing Weapons and then using the Weapon Quick Swap button no longer causes the player to switch to their fists.
Respawn: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving the “Retrieve your dropped loot” objective upon respawning after dropping Junk.
Shop: Corrected an issue that could cause discount amounts displayed in the Atomic Shop to round down.
Shop: On PC, only the “Enter” key can be used to confirm a purchase in the Atomic Shop.
Shop: Unlocking an Atomic Shop item via the Change Appearance menu now immediately equips that item.
Survival Beta: Fixed an issue that could prevent a player from receiving kill credit in the Players Killed Scoreboard after downing another player who is then killed by someone else.
Survival Beta: The Wanted players and the current top 3 players in the Scoreboards now appear when viewing the Map while respawning.
Survival Beta: Fixed an issue that could allow players to Fast Travel to a paper bag dropped by a teammate on death.
Survival Beta: When placing a Bounty on another player the Cap amount displayed now more accurately matches the slider’s position.
Survival Beta: If a player only owns the minimum number of Caps required to place a Bounty on their killer, the slider’s position will now more accurately match that Bounty amount.
Trade: Upon inviting another player to trade, a new notification will now appear stating “Waiting for [Player Name]’s response” until that player responds to the invite.
Voice: Relaunching the game on Xbox One after the client closed unexpectedly no longer occasionally causes Voice Chat to stop working.
Workbenches: Item categories no longer appear in Workbench menus if no items in that category are available.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
its survival more in that you have to survive the other players more.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Here's something cool about the newest update: There is no Sheepsquatch.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Like, Sheepsquatch is in the files, theres a model of him, but so far he has not made an appearance in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Also repair kits coming today. Afaik, they didn't respond to any of the (copious) feedback.

Their response is literally "We listened to you, we appreciate the feedback, but were gonna completely ignore the feedback"

Bethesda posted:

First, thank you to everyone in the Fallout 76 community who took the time to share their feedback and concerns about adding a utility item like Repair Kits to the Atomic Shop. Over the past couple weeks, we’ve examined all the feedback and today we want to share our thinking when it comes to these types of items and how they relate to the Atomic Shop. When we originally announced the Atomic Shop last year, we said that it will not provide anything that offers a competitive advantage. We remain committed to that statement and take it into account when we evaluate every new item that we bring to the Shop, both now and in the future.

While Repair Kits do offer a way to fix an item in the field, we feel you will find that they are a convenient option you can utilize during your adventures. If we find that Repair Kits do offer any sort of competitive advantage once they are available, we will make any changes necessary to ensure that advantage is removed.

Aside from purchasing Atoms, you can also unlock Basic Repair Kits using Atoms you’ve earned from Challenges. Additionally, the more powerful Improved Repair Kits will not be available in the Shop and can be earned by completing in-game content, like killing the Scorchbeast Queen.