Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what, exactly, is the F76 gameplay?

all I've gathered so far is that you scavenge parts to build camps and occasionally shoot or nuke other players on small (<10) player servers?

what is the point? are they trying to do ultima online without the massively multiplayer and persistent world part? fortnite without the dedicated game round parts? a multiplayer RPG without the npcs or story?

are the graphics any better than FO4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

WebDO posted:

Load FO4.exe. Run a script to kill all NPCs that have dialogue. Now add a Nexus mod for janky multiplayer. Voila, FO76! (Original idea for FO76 demo CD, please don't steal)

if this is for real the best analogy I'm not touching the game in a million years, but surely, they must have put a lot of dev hours into the game, what did they do?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I just got FO76 (PC version) for free via amazon gaming. The code is redeemed in the microsoft store, not steam. This raised a few questions for me:

1. How is the game on PC these days? I have paid zero attention to it. What fun level we talkin' here compared to release, which was widely panned?

2. Is there crossplay between MS store and Steam (guessing: yes), and also between PC and consoles? (probably not?)

3. Are there hackers on PC? Like people that do client side hacks to get a ton of nukes or caps or whatever and grief other players?

4. How bad is the pay2win and microtransaction aspect?

5. Is the MS Store version gimped at all or good to play? I literally never play games via MS Store.

thanks

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fallout lore question, mega spoilers for TV series:
i forget was it already canon that vault tec started the nuclear war? or was that new in the tv show? if it was from the games where was it introduced?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

No, that’s new. the games have always left it vague when it comes up or had conflicting theories

ok, thought so. had to check my memory