Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

jfood posted:

honest hearts is also cowboy as gently caress. savages, seventeen pounds of white man's burden and oh my loving god sooooo many .45acp rounds.

Ah yes, the Colt M1911: the gun that won the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm mostly weirded out about the color on the test pattern.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
500 players drop into a Vault...

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Bholder posted:

Ok a realistic, grounded expectation:

The game is going to be an AAA version of Fallout Shelter

I'm thinking State of Decay-a-like

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Bholder posted:

My only problem is that it's yet another Fallout game.

Please stop.

I'm so tired about hearing every game about "WHAT ARE GHOULS?!" or "ARE YOU THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL?!" and of course "SUPER MUTANTS? But no FEV? THAT MAKES NO SENSE DURR".

It's a good setting, Brent.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Shunting all the base building and survival garbage into its own game is basically what I wish they would do with zombies and Call of Duty. Now they're free to farm out a cheap sequel to Obsidian without having to worry about a bunch of new systems garbage.

😛

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Reveilled posted:

Eh, i have strong memories of people arguing way back when the game came out that actually Caesar's legion had the right idea and that systems based on slavery and subjugation had a better track record in the more primitive environment of a post-apocalyptic world.

I mean those people were super loving wrong, but they (along with the ones who said that The NCR was just as bad as the Legion) definitely weren't in short supply back when New Vegas was the most recent Fallout, so I think there's a kernel of truth in the idea that (some) New Vegas fans liked talking about whether slavery might be good, maybe from a devil's advocate perspective or as a fun thought experiment, if nothing else.

Turns out there are a bunch of fascists online and they were maybe hiding in plain sight the whole time.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Springfield Fatts posted:

Is this the place to start preemptively screeching about Fallout 76? Because "online survival RPG" sounds terrible.

It sounds like something I do not want, but honestly it sounds like something that would have a big audience and it makes sense for them to make it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dan Didio posted:

I don't think Fallout 4 was loved by most. It sold really well, I'm sure and a lot of people liked it, but it's not really beloved the same way 3 or New Vegas are.

Fallout 3 and 4 are incredibly beloved and New Vegas is mostly forgotten or never played. We post in an echo chamber of New Vegas devotees.

Everyone on the outside can't stop professing their love for Nick Valentine, Paladin Danse, John Hancock, and Piper.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Trustworthy posted:

I said that about Elder Scrolls once, then instead of an Elder Scrolls game it was a loving MMORPG :smith:

Well, did you buy it?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The only Shawn in my heart

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

RBA Starblade posted:

It's hard to emphasize just how perfectly Fallout 3 captured the essence of the DC metro: filthy, broken, constantly on fire and full of mutants.

With the occasional sex den

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Co-op base building pve sounds fine and better than brutal survival garbage to me, though it's still not my game.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

marktheando posted:

Are people really still angry about horse armour? It’s been 12 years.

Considering it was the herald of modern DLC and everyone's paranoid, worst case scenario fears came true, yes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It's gonna be gamebryo with a layer of idtech over it because they refuse to abandon their 16 year old shithouse engine and will just continue slapping layer after of layer of wallpaper on top of its crumbling structure.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How does pvp work?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

This is untrue? They have two of the original minds behind the first Fallout heading a new project. It's true that the team that made Fallout: New Vegas isn't really together at the company anymore, but there are definitely still a bunch of people who worked on it including the project director, and again, Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky work there now. As far as teams with experience in the property, you could do much worse.

Also p sure ropekid directed PoE2

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

isn't most of new vegas from van buren. i remember there was supposed to be like a chinese imperial invasion with an AI emperor or some poo poo.

I dunno about that part but a lot of elements made their way into the final game one way or another. A very different incarnation of the Burned Man was a major part of Van Buren, but ended up in Honest Hearts. Ulysses is well written and would be a compelling character if I had any investment in the poo poo he was talking about but there's no foundation for his whole deal aside from his nearly unrelated references in the other DLCs.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gynovore posted:

The DLCs for New Vegas were made by different teams, and it shows. Lonesome Road has good gunplay and exploration but gawdawful writing, whereas Dead Money has top-notch writing but horrible gameplay.

Dead Money's gameplay design was very, very good. The tuning was awful.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

NofrikinfuN posted:

Odds are they made this to reach some kind of sales target for the year and uh, I don't think they're going to hit it. It might lower a stock value and piss off some investors, but other than Rage 2, I don't know of any projects likely to be cancelled over it.

The whole thing feels more or less like an in-studio asset flip so I don't imagine it cost a ton to make in comparison to a full narrative Fallout sequel. I'm assuming they've got modest expectations though I feel like they may not even hit that.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I'm mad for you putting this even briefly in my Youtube history. The Giant Bomb and Waypoint chats are much better teardowns.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CobiWann posted:

No complaints - I'm debating getting a Vault Door on my other forearm numbered "13" or "101" - save for the fact that my Dad looked at it and said "looks like the symbol for a white power group."

Your dad is right

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DoctorGonzo posted:

there arent many comparation between rdr2 and fallout 76 imo?

Huge, open worlds devoid of compelling reason to explore or interesting ways to interact? :smugdog:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the only good Saints Row was SR2

3 & 4 were still good but 2 was a sloppy masterpiece.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

but it's about transhumanism? just slot whatever you want up there.

The CDProject social media guy is a chud, gamergater, and mocks trans people

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It had the best plot of any Fallout game released in the last handful of years

As the last handful of years have contained only Fallout Shelter and Fallout 76, you're actually correct.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

sharknado slashfic posted:

Blizzard and Bethesda have been my only 2 "buy on release companies" for years now and lol never again after the trash they've been putting out.

Blizz put out a lackluster xpac and Bethesda has FO76, what other output are you talking about?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

You phrased it on a way that seemed like it was habitual, but it's good to not buy games at release so good on you.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

Blizzard games that suck:
World of Warcraft
Diablo 3
Diablo Immortal
Honestly the last good game they made was Warcraft 3

Bethesda games that suck:
Fallout 4
Fallout 76
Fallout Shelter
Fallout 3
Really the only good thing that has come out of Bethesda owning Fallout is New Vegas.

:rolleyes:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

KakerMix posted:

Don't know how many of you guys remember what the internet was like when Bethesda bought the rights to Fallout but can you imagine trying to explain to the No Mutants Allowed 'people' of what Bethesda was going to do to Fallout in 2018?

Fallout 76 is what they all thought Fallout 3 was.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Glass of Milk posted:

Every IP eventually goes into garbage products, and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can avoid having to play the next Master of Orion 3.

Star Control 3

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
This isn't just kinda deceptive like the MvCI stuff. IANAL but packaging and advertising saying "canvas bag" and then not including a canvas bag seems like a pretty clear Lanham Act violation.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I feel sorry for the governor of West Virginia, as if the state doesn't have enough poo poo to deal with already now they're being portrayed like this.

edit: actually, no i dont. this is apparently the man in charge of the state:

Jesus Christ, it looks like the bombs already dropped. you brought this on yourselves!

He's a climate denying, Trump supporting coal baron who was a lifelong Republican, ran for office as a Democrat, then switched his affiliation back to Republican once in office.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I love a good Todd Meme

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

More like Fortnite 76

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
"From the studio that made the good 3D Fallout!"

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

No Mods No Masters posted:

The sense of humor doesn't do much for me, and I feel the rope kid absence keenly.

...he's design director at the studio?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Also, I don't think Rage 2 has anything to worry about from Far Cry 76

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Crabtree posted:

No, Rage 2 has a lot worry about with Bethesda being its publisher and Avalanche being one of its devs. Fallout 76 and Lost Cause 4 ain't good signs.

No, people were saying Rage 2 devs are probably sweating over the newly announced Far Cry New Dawn which is yet another open world post apocalypse game.