Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Azhais posted:

Is this a dwarf fortress mod?

Only if the woman gives birth in the middle of a battle and then clubs several Super Mutants to death with the baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Bert Roberge posted:

I just realized there's gonna be a bunch of voice actors who have no idea how to do a West Virginia accent at all.

Actually there won't be, because there won't be any NPCs :)

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There will be plenty of people buying the game "ironically" so they can totally own all the non-goons.

You'd think after ME:A people would have learned the folly of spite-buying an upcoming videogame just to stick it to people who predict it will be bad.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

SeaWolf posted:

and if you don't do this then gently caress you and your fandom. N M A!!!!

wait; fun? oh yeah that too, do whatever you want.

Yeah, what a loving monster, giving advice to someone who specifically requested it. You sure showed him.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So basically they tried to do something different without completely deciding what that something would be beyond "different".

I think judging from the early promotional stuff they had a clear idea of what they wanted to make (Fallout-themed Rust), but either they couldn't technically achieve it, or no one elsewanted that, or both, so now we have this weird Frankenstein game that even Bethesda isn't quite sure what to do with.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Frog Act posted:

Hello fallout thread I’m sorry to be the one to do this but I have terrible news, the pip boy passed away in his sleep last night. rip pip boy.

RIP Boy

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

My question is why they're even continuing to support the game. Like, even the few idiots who buy repair packs can't be generating enough revenue to justify having people working on new content, right? Would anyone have their opinion of Bethesda lowered any further if they just got it over with and flushed this turd? Frankly it seems like a net PR gain, giving The Pip Boyz more time to memory-hole this disaster so they can get unreasonably hyped when Beth starts pushing Starfield or whatever comes next.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

After two years of working on NMS it became an okay game.

I guess it's just because I like the RPG parts of Fallout rather then the shooty action, which leaves me utterly and irrevocably outside the game's target audience, but I just can't imagine what that would even look like for 76, or how they would get there from where they are now.

People who actually think such a thing is possible: what would the devs have to do to make the game good?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

FO5 needs a car like FO2 had.

Seriously, make it the hardcore fast-travel system, maybe have the option of having your car be a mobile base. Seriously, of all the stupid poo poo they've stolen from mods, why not that?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Fallom posted:

EA wasted a good fraction of a billion dollars mismanaging Anthem but the real problem is that gamers refuse to allow them to charge $80 a copy. This is why they need loot boxes.

This is complete horseshit, FIFA Ultimate Team generates far more revenue then traditional game development (nearly $1b a year), with fewer costs to boot. Fortnite generates $3b a year, almost all of it from MTX of various kinds. They would still be doing lootboxes and the like if games were $100, because the profit to be made off of such things is incomparable in scale.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Can someone please explain to me why everyone seems to be very vocally and loudly opposed to loot boxes and these other semi (sometimes completely) predator monetization practices but yet game companies are making money hand over fist by adding them to their games? This is something I've never been able to rationalize. It can't be that people are just complaining loudly while simultaneously buying a $100 in loot boxes a month... right? There's got to be some data out there by now.

Lootboxes and other cash-sink mechanics have two target audiences: children and the mentally ill. Contrary to popular belief, neither group is particularly 'rich', they just have an almost-total lack of impulse control. There are shitloads of stories out there on the web like 'I lost my house and my family left me after I spent 10k trying to get a single ultra-rare character in a gacha game' and the like, which is why these systems are so exploitative and why they basically need to be banned.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

time to pre-order the re-order for the fall wastelanders re-release to get a burlap sack

gently caress man, have you priced burlap these days? That'll be WAY too expensive!

We have a bunch of fiberglass insulation just lying around, lets make the clothing items out of that, no one will notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

edit: ignore me!