Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
If I just wanna walk around exploring the wasteland, fighting mutants and bandits and stuff and sometimes doing a quest, is 4 or 76 the better option? I have 0 interest in the online side of it but also only minimal interest in a story; I normally play Bethesda games by walking around the entire map once and then stopping pretty soon after.

I thought with the Wastelanders update 76 might be what I'm looking for since I read it has a bigger map, so I picked it up, but 3 minutes after leaving the vault I walk up to a tower and find a player next to it floating in the sky. I'm alright with occasional player interaction, but is it gonna be a constant thing? I mostly just wanna run around. I guess I shoulda known this getting into it since its entire thing is how it's online, but I had a (perhaps mistaken) impression you can sort of treat it as a singleplayer game too. I'm about 20 minutes from the end of the refund window (I spent ages making the character); should I stick with it a bit more or just go for 4 instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU