Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I don’t think the courier is supposed to have memory loss. Though he does get to ask stuff he should know, he also gets to make refferences to his past at other times - guitar guy looking for his dad bening an early example I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

before the Courier is shot in the head and loses his memory

This guy did.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do we need to be spoiler tagging this stuff? If you get mailed a letter bomb or whatever the responsibility is with whoever made and send it, not with the post man.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I wouldn’t mind seeing the “modern” NRC core but at this point that wouldn’t really have the wasteland hook any more. If they want that, Fallout europe maybe? Kind of a fresh start, and civilization there is probably very different without the benefit of the vaults.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They'd only need to cut argonians and khajiit (unless they go with one of the not fury variety) for that.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Fallout 3 didn't have voice acting and wasn't much better in that regard.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

In Elder Scrolls's case "race" would be referring to cat people and lizard people.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

amigolupus posted:

I know cat people would sound like they're constantly judging you but how would lizard people sound like?

Like they are trying to suppress a hiss.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Killing stuff levels you up because the character is a force blackhole.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Vavrek posted:

I still want to know about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0

TLDR: New Vegas had thought put into why and how it's setting works, Fallout 3 just has stuff in it because someone thought it would be neat.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 16, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Katt posted:

I always took four eyes. It was one free perception point.

That still considers you at a penalty for perk purposes.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

One of them was some kind of researcher/scientist and could join as a companion.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea but... rape camps.

If they hadn't included that one detail all this would make the legion an interesting evil faction where you can kind of see what they are going for, but since they did also throw in rape camps they can't ever be anything but cartoonishly evil.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Maybe that's why you don't like Fallout 4 because it's about building a network of small sustainable farming communities and hauling garbage.

There's no reason to actually do any of that either.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea, but I wouldn't argue that's what the game is about - playing falloutcraft is completely optional, I think a lot of us just slapped down some beds in goodspring and called it a day. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

But there's a cat on board...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

What would actually be required for them to make Fallout 76 only use paid mods? They can't exactly shut down the Nexus. Would it be coding the game so only mods with a Creation Club signature function?

For online/mp games it’s the other way around and they’d have to purposefully enable client side mods, can’t just dl a new gun from nexus and drop it in your game folder if the game data is being stored on their servers.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Tom Guycot posted:

How do mods even work with an online only game? What are you going to mod that isn't going to break it for other people who don't have the mod?

Texture mods or sounds should still be possible. For anything involving new items or gameplay they would need to make a system where mods are basically dlc and distributed to other players by the client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Tom Guycot posted:

Oh its going to be small scale individual servers type thing? This whole time I was under the impression it was more MMO.

Afaik yes but all servers are run by bethesta and you get assigned one at random.