Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Has Bethesda clarified what they mean about "new vaults opening" in their plans to update the game? If it's just "hey one more dungeon to pick through," that's really dumb, but if it's "here come some actual npcs and questlines as this empty world moves a bit more toward civilization" that would be pretty cool, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
I am enjoying this game, but I do not know what it is. I don't think it does either.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Ran a character up to level 10 today, and it seems like every time I got a perk pack the cards it gave me didn't show up in my perk card collection. Is this a known bug, or am I missing some aspect of leveling?

Like, I bought the first lockpick card at level 3, and then at level 4 I opened the perk card pack and it threw another one at me, but then when I went to combine them it wasn't there.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
I'm one of those sickos who likes this game and is having a lot of fun but the mole miners look like they came straight out of Quake 64. Some of the other new designs are definitely cool, but being charged by five blurry bowls of soup with shotguns is not a great look in 2018.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

So like, if I treat this as basically a new region for Fallout 4 with other players lingering around, will I still be disappointed?

that's by and large my thinking on this, and the answer is no. It feels like fallout 4 running a few too many mods. People aren't wrong to hate it, but I'm having a lot of fun as somebody who likes to just pick a direction and go see what's out there.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

I've always liked mindless loot and shoot and explore games and the game has been pretty stable since I got back into it. The new wastelander and cryptid quests have been enjoyable. It is a nice unstressful game during these very stressful times.

Yeah, times like these definitely call for a game that's a 6/10. I've been enjoying parking my brain here in this messy, ambitious, duct-taped game.

Speaking of mess, I ran into a bunch of cultists worshiping a Vengeful Mothman. I killed them all, but the Mothman would heal faster than I could kill it, and when I finally pulled out the gatling laser he wouldn't go past 1 health. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature. Anybody seen this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Got a 2-shot auto grenade launcher, which would be a lot more fun if it didn't instantly launch all corpses into the sun.