Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i'm gonna spare everyone the boring discourse and say that F3 is a bad fallout game.

Unrelated: Fallout 4 is the best Borderlands game ever! (clap rap ftw). Weird that it has a bunch of fallout references in it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

its cool how people praise fallout 4's shooting mechanics as the thing fallout 4 does best over the other games despite it being barely on par with CoD.

praising bethesda for being just a centimetre above the bar

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

praising the shooting and loot mechanics in a series defined by its quests and characters is some smooth brain poo poo

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Freaking Crumbum posted:

you can be frustrated about Bethesda not making the game you wish they would make, but I'm going to focus on hoping that they improve on the types of things that they've indicated they actually want to do.

writing deep, interesting quests with multiple solutions and an overarching plot that's reactive to your decisions as a player, including multifaceted factions to provide background color, is not something they do well (or likely care to do at all). making huge sandboxes that are fun to screw around in and explore with passable shooter mechanics and a plot that just barely gives you reason to wander over the next hill is where they're taking Fallout, no matter how much you might hate that.

It's good that you have a positive outlook for the games you enjoy. I think that's important. However it's clear, at least to me, that Bethesda Games Studios will never make a good Fallout game. They will never make a good fps. They'll never make a good dungeon crawler. They are a jack of all trades for mediocre game design and will never produce a game of genuine quality.

e: and I believe they're content with staying that way. Look how much freakin money they make

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 31, 2018

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

NV, 1, and 2 are games that stick with people. if you mention FNV in a thread on here people will talk about it for pages. You'll never see people online still discussing whatever bullshit happened with teh epic liam neeson plot 3 had.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i would say, more than that, they're a jack of all trades for batshit unchecked ambition.

like, the whole problem with Bethesda games is that they're punching several weight classes above their weight in what they go for, meaning they don't have the ability to properly polish anything if they want to get something out the door. if Bethesda made something smaller-scale, maybe something more along the lines of a Borderlands than an Elder Scrolls, we'd probably see something genuinely good out of them; the problem is they only want to make giant loving behemoth open-world games with a million things to do and dynamic radiant AI and settlement-building and player homes and dynamic quests and et cetera.

Yeah I can agree with that. Do you think they'd make a good linear rpg? Say, like Mass Effect style.

I think a lot of story problems they have do stem from how open world games are developed.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmao i forgot that liberty prime was in 4 also. wonder why that was

funny that

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LashLightning posted:

Sorry, turns out the term is Queerbaiting and I'm not quite using it in the right context. The characters outright say they're gay/were in such a relationship in this case.

it's not queerbaiting.

her getting sad endings is concurrent with every other companion including the extremely gay Arcade

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

also veronica is the worst companion dont quote me

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Pretty much all of Veronica's endings are terrible for her. She pretty much always either ends up dead or a solitary wanderer. Arcade at least has happy endings. Even though some of them end up with him disillusioned with the Followers a lot of them end up with him happily working as a doctor for the rest of his life.

Plus the game seems to really, really want you to blow up the Brotherhood. Even though she's more or less and outcast she isn't totally disconnected from them when you meet her. For better or worse that's her family but the game is like "hey you should murder all these people. Really. Do it. Do it now."

the brotherhood deserve death, sorry.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

we're talking about the good fallout games though

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

this 76 thing sounds and looks like dogshit. but then again so did 3, and 4. todd coward etc

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the man cant keep getting away with this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

if you dont like the boring rear end watered down skyrim mine craft fallout(very cool) ur a nma grognard (wtf is a grognard)

goons are so dumb lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

[intelligence 10/10] mayhaps you sound like a Grognard, friend.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

oh like the really nerdy dnd stuff that has a million numbers?

not my thing but id rather play some nerds excel spreadsheet RPG than Destiny but with iconic fallout crap shoved in

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Your Computer posted:

literally your entire post history in this thread is talking about how much FO3/4 sucks and how people who like them are "smooth brains"

mayhaps you do sound like a grognard, friend. mayhaps you do.

lol congrats on proving my point, post history goon :-)

Halser posted:

[Science 100] You can't release this game. You're an abortion of game design. You need to die...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Donovan Trip posted:

I've played every fallout game, the first one was the first video game I really obsessed over until I realized how terrible the fanbase is. Putting all the awful fallout fans in pvp where you can be a wrecking ball thru some nerds painstakingly designed house is the most hilarious thing I can think of doing with this series and the amount of tears over this reveal is like a cherry on top. It also comes out on my birthday all y'all gettin shidded on

youre such a dweeb dude lmao.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Tei posted:

So

I dont understand.

Is this game withouth NPC's ... or.. it have npcs?

the only NPCs in fallout 76 are the people behind the keyboard

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Fallout Survive

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

this game looks amazing just kidding ha ha

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So when's the next BETA period?

Dunno, when is it you get off work?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

strange move for fallout 76 to axe one of the best features that has always came along with every Bethesda games

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jedrick posted:

Oh yeah, I heard you can no longer lift and move physics objects with a button press. Is this true?

i was talking about the uninstall feature. but that too, yeah

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i saw the power armor and i clapped at the screen. just absolutely phenominal how they keep managing to do this, incredible really.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bholder posted:

I liked Fallout 3 because it was Oblivion with guns, except they mostly fixed what was wrong with Oblivion.

It also reminded me of Deus Ex, something Fallout 4 and New Vegas did much less

what

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

gamers deserved fallout 76

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

No, wrong Outrage. I'm afraid that being excited for Cyberpunk actually means that you... *checks notes* hate trans people???

*checks notes* ahhh bad look my dude! not a hill to die on

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

Wow you should apply to be the CDProjekt's new social media manager!!!

heres some notes you can check next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm gonna be honest here, I really don't know what you're trying to tell me. Sorry!

:razz: