Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

dead comedy forums posted:

of course it wouldn't be a bethesda game full experience if after three hours setting up and packing your mods, new vegas simply dies at load

and of course I tried to keep as minimal as possible but then pretty shaders are a must and then nevada skies and why not character overhaul and oh the texture pack is needed and

*breathes deeply*

"Ahh all the mods are ready let's get playing" *20 minutes pass* "drat i forgot [mod]"

"Ok i have my stimpacks,my bottlecaps,best armour, let's get going" *gets to destination* "for gently caress sake! i forgot [item]"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

If i'm correct the "talking" deathclaws were more like parrot kind of speech,not necessarily talking like a verbose shakespearean actor.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Keeshhound posted:

That was the mechanism they used to speak, but individual intelligence ranged from "human five year old" to "basically a human adult," so they do know what they're saying and can hold a conversation.

Oh yeah absolutely,i just always liked imagining this hulking great beast sort of honking and whistling words out.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Vampire bloodlines is very atmospheric,lots of great voice acting,the graphics as far i'm concerned are still great,and it's just a very enjoyable game,but yeah like people have said it's very buggy and the ending levels are absolute tosh.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Best bit about new reno is golgotha and pretty boy lloyd

loads of ways to finish that mission,one of my favourites.

One can kill him on the spot and pay Salvatore out of your own pocket. (-10 karma)

The player character can tell him to take you to where the money is stashed (Intelligence 6 required)
Once you reach the correct grave at Golgotha, make sure that Lloyd does the digging to avoid the landmine he has buried there (adds plastic explosives to your inventory). If you head down the grave at this point, Lloyd will escape. If waited too long before going down yourself, Lloyd has disappeared and escaped. A better way to handle the job is to either follow him down into the grave immediately and kill him (-10 karma) or else drop the landmine down to kill him (-5 karma). The $1000 are in the footlocker.

The Chosen One can employ the hands of companions to do the 'dirty job' to avoid the karma loss.

Alternatively, the Chosen One can let Lloyd leave (+5 karma) after telling where he stashed the money, or after making him show the place himself but before digging it up.

my favourite is dropping a landmine on his head :allears:

also digging up the ghoul is one of the funniest missions in any fallout game,the graveyard is so full of good poo poo and easter eggs it's ridiculous.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I tried playing the original wasteland and i hated it, i really wanted to like it but god i just couldn't do it.Is wasteland 2 any good?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Ian just wants to share his bullets,right into your face/back/other companion.
But those moments when your companion fucks up an enemy or multiple enemies are just so satisfying,same with a good grenade throw.The old fallouts have the best death animations ever,nooone can top them.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Neurolimal posted:

It would be cool to see a Fallout sidegame where you play an Attis figure trying to unite super mutants for X reason (perhaps you could even choose why, with that choice affecting who you can persuade and locking off certain supermutants). It would play well into Bethesda's strengths, in that you'd mainly be managing your town and venturing into an unmapped wasteland that would randomly spawn the mutant encounter setpieces.

Eventually you'd become big enough that one of the human countries (depending on your stated goal) would start an endgame war with you. Maybe even a Hard Mode choice of "gently caress every other race, mutant supremacy! They dont deserve conversion/dipping!" That would make all factions hostile to you, including ghoul and synth factions that are otherwise never hostile, and lock you out of persuading most reasonable mutant characters.

Mutant fallout fashion game would be bitchin' let me shoot people with giant guns and wear sick armour and be mentally damaged.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

dead comedy forums posted:

did dead money and now just finished raiding the fort and blasting caesar's head off with boone

1000 rounds of max charge gauss rifle ammo, ranger armor, 10 stealth boys and enough turbo to power a F-22 was one hell of a roman wannabe death roll

(though, to be fair, was thinking if I shouldn't have strolled down with gatling laser and power armor for maximum destruction)

Pssssh! a real man does it with a knife!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

So is this actually going to affect bethesda in any way? I mean i know it's not like they'll collapse overnight or at all but will they realise how much they dun fuked up?

edit : haven't played because why would i? it looks like a puddle of puke.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

wtf is going on with gaming companies right now? Blizzard shat the bed and then shat the stage and smeared it on everyones face,now bethesda are doing less than the average modder.

One more microtransaction fiasco from EA and they might just break the industry.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Father Wendigo posted:

I still wish New Vegas had Bloody Mess as a Trait where you get a flat damage bonus but the outcome of certain skill checks are changed to inadvertently backfire through happenstance and make things more violent if you succeed.

Bloody mess + jinxed in F1 and F2

You basically become russian roulette personified,i might shoot you and miss or i might shoot you and have my gun explode in my face.

Or you might take a swing at me and slip and break both your legs,at which point i might go to attack you and stab my own eye out somehow.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Paul Zuvella posted:

I have todd's face tattood on my dick!!!

I have todd's dick tattoed on my face!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

The problem with gta 5 is the satire is trash,we get it america sucks and everything's bad and women have tits and guys have dicks hurr hurr.

The "humour" is the same poo poo as gta1 in the ps1 days,actually it probably worked better then,now it just falls flat.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

CharlestonJew posted:

Tim, they've got your wife!

But I'm not married!

You are now, TO AMERICA

Vice city,best game.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, its always wavered from "maybe sometimes ok" to "terrible", but acting like this is new to GTA V is really dumb. They've always been good, so acting like you got duped into buying a SOCIAL COMMENTARY!!! is stupid.

Oh yeah i totaly get you,it's never been oscar worthy writing but when you're a billion gazillion dollar franchise surely you can do better than "women are sluts and americans are greedy and immoral"

like yeah we know. (p.s i'm english)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Roman posted:

the original RDR was probably never ported to PC because it was known to be a mess of code stuck together with duct tape and chewing gum and it was a miracle it even worked on consoles at all

Man can you imagine if someone ported red dead and it was a horrible fucky mess that didn't work and everyone hated it and it sucked?

*somewhere todd howard has just screamed and run out of a room*

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the only good Saints Row was SR2

2 and 4,god i wish they'd reboot the series and keep 4's graphics throughout and unfuck 3.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fallout 76 : gamedevs roasting on an open fire....

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fallout 76 : lawyers nipping at their toes....

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Donovan Trip posted:

Bethesda is not a competitive developer anymore. Open World/RPGlite systems are the backbone of every game from Far cry to God of War to RDR to Horizon Zero Dawn. These games are better looking, with better mini games, better characters and combat and writing and design. In every way Bethesda is outdone. As an RPG their games do not compete with cdpr, obsidian, and haven't for a long time. There's just nothing they excel at, and it's becoming very obvious, and they either should hang up their Dev hats or completely overhaul.

Instead they seem hell-bent on puttering along just as they have been.

This is a good post :five:

what does bethesda do anymore that other games don't do infinitely better? The graphics suck,the engine sucks,the story and dialogue was never upto par with interplay's fallout 1 and 2.

The gunplay sucks,melee sucks.

Fallout 3 was my first and i have fond memories of it (which will stay memories cause im sure it won't hold up)then i became addicted to f1 and f2 and i thought new vegas was ok but didn't have quite the same atmosphere of f3 even if mechanically it was a better game.

never played 4,will never play this.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Bholder posted:

Again, the open world.

Unless you love monotonous minigames and collectibles, then sure, Ubisoft does them better...

Never played any assasins creed games so...

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Thank you for sharing your opinion, or rather other peoples opinions, about a game you haven't played.

You're so welcome,person who doesn't have eyes and can't see that fallout 76 is *gasp* bad.

lol.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Rutibex posted:

You don't need to be encumbered! All pieces of a corpse open into the same inventory, so if you leave a raider head at the entrance of a dungeon you can carry the raiders leg around with you and it functions as a loot wormhole directly back to the entrance.

Hooly poo poo! That’s genius!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spend 6 hours trying to get various mods to work,play for 10 minutes to see if it works,repeat until the next week.

The life of a fallout and new vegas player.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I've heard that the helmet smells really strong of plastic disappointment when you put it on.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

for £200 i'd want an actual set of working power armour. and preferrably a working game. and a plasma caster.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fallout 76 : a poo poo and a 95% miss.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

I have this bag. It's a pretty good bag imo. Fit's my papers, a book, thermos, and snack when I gotta sit around at the building department for permit work. Slings comfortably and is small enough to bring around conveniently.

That's me, the goober in a government building withdrawing his engineered design documents from a bight yellow video game bag.

I wouldn't know it was a video game bag,looks quite stylish.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

boar guy posted:

no one is talking about the game, it's 300 people who dont own it trying to zanily one up each other with Bethesda hate

why the gently caress would anyone spend money on it? are you blind? it's a shite game of course we're not gonna play it,that would be weird.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

rickiep00h posted:

But yeah nobody’s throwing personal attacks around.

Edit: and no, I’m not going to quote the last four days of “y’all are broke-brained idiots for even liking the gameplay.” It’s on basically every page since release.

If you heard from your friend that the band they saw the other night sounded terrible and treated the crowd appalingly,the tickets were extortionate and the lead singer jumped off the stage and stuck his finger personally in your friends anus and then mugged him with his finger still in his anus.

would you think : hmmm that sounds bad i'll never see them live they sound terrible or hmmmm that sounds bad but maybe i should spend $200 to see them myself just so i'm absolutely sure ?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Sodomy Hussein posted:

By some measures that's an absolutely must-see show

ok yeah you're right.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Rutibex posted:

I have to say I am a lot more disappointed in Bethesdas response to this debacle than I am to the actual game itself. I can tolerate bad games from Bethesda, they have made them for many years. But the games always felt like a genuine effort at their best. Even if Redguard or Battlespire weren't very good, they were trying to make something good and they were just spin offs. They cared about their reputation and fans.

But this new Bethesda feels like a f2p mobile company. They don't seem to care that their reputation is being shredded. If Todd Howard came out and said "Sorry, Fallout 76 sucks we are offering refunds to anyone who wants it, and replacement bags for people who ordered the special edition. We will be working very hard to improve the game, and we hope in the months to come we can win back your business." I would be happy to forgive them and give them a second chance. But instead they are stonewalling everyone and offering an insulting 500 fake Bethesda bux to people scammed by their collectors edition. This response does not make me feel confident in this company, which is a really bad move considering they have main line Elder Scrolls games and Starfield coming up. Who is going to preorder the ultra deluxe edition of Starfield after this?

:same: it's a level of insulting from a games company that even in this day and age is pretty breathtaking.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

DoctorGonzo posted:

I wanted to be Big Boss building Outer Heaven and not whatever the gently caress Kojima tried to pull.

Pd: Fallout 4 loving sucked

Completely agreed,for once i wish kojima had just done a simple story of Big boss against the world,not whatever the gently caress wolbachia and loving language worms and loving Aagh!

I don't think Fallout in terms of story has been topped by Fallout 1,do any of you remember the glow?

let me tell you a loving tale.

At some point in the story you'll stumble across some kind of compound guarded by two guys in powered silver armour,they seem fairly friendly but unwilling to let you into their compound....unless you do the secret initiation....

The guy you talk to disappears inside and comes out a short while later "Uhhh the boss says if you want to join our brotherhood you'll have to pass a test,there's this place called the glow a few miles from here,if you get there and bring us back a holotape we'll let you in our group"

so as a naive vault dweller who's easily swayed and a bit gullible you head off to this place called the glow

and as you walk off you see one of the guards say to the other "what he's really gonna do it?"

When you get there you find the place is a giant crater where one of the bombs fell and what's left is a smoldering radioactive ruin that leads into a place called the west tek facility,without rad-away you'll melt getting there and you'll surely melt leaving the place.

climbing down into the crater with a rope you must fight your way through malevolent robots,traps,radiation and all kinds of poo poo,it's genuinely nerve wracking knowing that if you take too long your radaway reserves (which are quite scarce in F1) will deplete and you'll turn to mush as the rads boil you inside out.

If you do search the place thoroughly you'll find a supercomputer called zax and you can play chess with it (even at intelligence 10 i've never won) and of course time ticks down as you're doing this so it's basically a death sentence to rads.

The best bit is the huge loot you get in the final area and the holotape which talks about how the brotherhood formed and as far as i know is the canon version for the fallout bible,it's so bleak and amazing.

so now you've got what you came for,time to make the trip back and hope you survive,the brotherhood guards are amazed that you survived and not just that you managed to bring the holotape back.Those fuckers just wanted you away from their super secret compound and were willingto send you off to an excruciating slow death to do it.

best most atmospheric mission in any fallout game i've played.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 4, 2018

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

next week's news : fallout developers in _________ controversy regarding ____________ todd howard says ______________ fans are furious.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Stockholm Syndrome vis a vis Capitalism.

Well said, I agree - The Glow owned in terms of atmosphere. The looming invisible terror of radiation poisoning combined with the eerie music made the whole experience quietly terrifying. The horror atmosphere of Diablo 1 versus the action fantasy elements of Diablo 2 is why I prefer the former to the latter too.

Sometimes the scariest monsters in horror movies are the ones we rarely or never see but get our minds to imagine the terror and do the heavy lifting.

E: https://youtu.be/KRBt_AMbysY

I think my favourite bits in all the fallout games have been the holotapes and hints at the way people died (a skeleton reaching for a gun under a bed with a knife between its ribs things like that)
The holotape in fallout 3 where candice is saying she can see the mushroom cloud,horrifying.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Vinylshadow posted:

Every time I uninstall Fallout 3, I think make the mistake of watching videos about it and wanting to play it again even though New Vegas exists

ehh i just know it would be too dated by this point,no amount of gaudy overtextured out of place graphics mods would ever change that.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Rinkles posted:

motherfucker

https://i.imgur.com/xHdk2Fn.mp4

another doorbuster (reusing FO4 assets) from bethesda

On the right : "jesus christ denton".

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fallout 76 : code in the game like blood in your stool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Guys,please don't fall for the bait,it's like....super obvious....