Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Some enemy types have a lower max level and certain regions have a lower cap as well I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Weight reducing perks and gear don't apply to items in your stash.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Also if you're keeping those storage frames organized like I did you can rename them to roughly track what you have on it. Note that pretty much everything increases every 10 levels, especially if it doesn't start showing up until lvl 10 or so, so for shorthand a T-45 piece is only going to be lvl 25, 35, or 45, so LA44 can be a T-45 piece that's lvl 45, while RA5X is a X-01 Right Arm that's lvl 50, and so on.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

IIRC one of the big parts of the Fallout timeline is that transistors were never a thing, so everything was still vacuum tubes and all, which greatly limited certain developments.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

For cryptid killing I find pretty reliable grafton monsters spawn in the drainage ravine by Charleston's power plant or southwest of the Hemlock Holes maintenance shack workshop.

Sometimes some snollygasters will spawn near the vertibird there and fight the monster.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'd say that about one in three bloodied builds I run with on public teams spend a decent amount of time dead because something takes them down quickly. If you can keep yourself up easily then sure, you'll put out massive DPS, but if you're the kind of person who doesn't notice your health going down and wonder why you're at 50% after a fight then it's probably not a great choice.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That's why I mostly run around with my VE shotgun build. Doesn't have the fastest kill rate but I rarely have to worry about my health and thats with somewhat random armor bits.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

juggalo baby coffin posted:

thanks! i went with agi because adrenaline did seem like my most pressing concern.

i wish the chainsaw worked the same as the minigun shredder so I didnt have to worry about picking up 5mm or getting it as a quest reward and having to dump it.

i did enough moonshine jamborees to get my raider rep to max, now im torn whether to finish buying my t-65 set (im just missing one arm and the helmet) or buy the gauss minigun. i am kinda jonesin for a new heavy weapon to mess around with. the cryolater, broadsider, harpoon gun, and the explosive heavy weapons in general feel kinda lovely. they also throw everything all over the place which makes looting kind of inconvenient.

although i am tempted by the plasma rockets for the hellfire missile launcher, i just dont know if its worth the bullion vs the gauss minigun or rest of the t-65

also the atomic shop should sell me the PA skins i want instead of a bunch of identical bullshit for the CAMP. i cant believe how bad bethesda is at taking my money.

I used an instigating flechette harpoon gun with my HW PA setup for a while. Not the greatest weapon but kinda hilarious for how you'd end up with more ammo than you started.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I think you just need the files for TTW

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Morality_Police posted:

Yeah, that's the exact thing I'm wondering. If I make robot settlers with the Machinist DLC, can they act as caravans? Basically, I want a run with just me and my various robot minions, no settlers, no human companions. Dogmeat is cool though, he can hang with me and my robots.

Yes. I always use them for my caravans because it gives you wandering friendly murderbots everywhere.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Flesh Forge posted:

do the main quest on the settler side up to the point you get the Chinese Stealth Suit and then you can sneak around practically everything in broad daylight, and with something slow and high base damage like a sledgehammer or whatever you will 1-shot almost everything once you have your basic SPECIAL built up.
the most important legendary effect on a weapon for this is Improved Power Attack Damage, and you can get a really good option for this (plasma glaive) from the Brotherhood quest line.

The Stealth Suit is a great thing to get no matter what you play. It also serves as something good to wear if you're going with PA.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Just being one of the few things that has 1000 rad resistance is great.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E: ran into a pair of level 15s, gave them both low level legendaries and 3k ammo for each, then ran off into the woods.

Living the West Virginia life right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Thats okay, making repetitive and uncreative structures everywhere is the best way to rebuild America!

Just don't forget the lawn flamingos