Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Keeshhound posted:

This is true of all the DLCs, and is the reason why Logan's Loophole actually has no downsides.

Is it? I only really noticed it with Old World Blues. The rest of them seemed fine. OWB I'd find myself bashing the same lobotomite with an axe 20 times and he's still be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The true answer was to grab one of Elijah's gibs so you could stuff everything in the vault into his corpse, carry the gib to the door, then never sell the gold once you got it back. Just throw it in a bathtub like "gently caress you, this gold is mine."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The radios in Dead Money didn't bother me all that much.

On the first run. The second time I tried to play it I just went "OK no gently caress this." Dead Money was atmospheric as hell and did a good job of turning basically everything upside down. Oh hey a speech check! Oh...uh turns out that making some of the speech checks in this conversation is actually a bad thing. Sneaky shooty man is the best thing!!! Oh gently caress now I only have 8 bullets and things that don't die unless you chop their limbs off. Welp.

The only thing that really got on my nerves when I played it was that my character's melee skills were total rear end but I was like level 30 so fighting the ghost people was an ungodly pain early on. It felt like the game was actively punishing me for never taking any close combat skills or perks ever.

The theme was good and the story solid but there was just entirely too much "how can we actively be a dick to the player for no readily apparent reason?"