Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

anthonypants posted:

is that good

what's the deal with the dec alpha one then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

geonetix posted:

or if you want this thread to talk about your website breach, use md5 without salt and stretching.

No such thing as bad buzz.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

but what is the actual problem? eternalblue was that smb bug which the nsa exploited iirc, but does it connect to storing a 32 bit value using two separate 16 bit writes somehow?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

don’t ask me the details, i just reposted the next tweet down the line

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Schadenboner posted:

No such thing as bad buzz.

but there is a bad fuzz

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

but there is a bad fuzz

Pigs out of YOSPOS.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

Pigs out of YOSPOS.
/

:ironicat:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ate all the Oreos posted:

someone's running win 2000 on alpha and that's amazing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Pigs out of YOSPOS.

ftp

and i don't mean file transfer protocol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
gently caress the eu and gently caress the gdpr, i'm an american i don't give a poo poo. if you're an eu business or multinational under their jurisdiction that's different, of course you have to comply with the law. but i'm gonna keep operating my american database according to american laws regardless of whether somebody in it happens to be an eu citizen, and the consequences for this will be precisely gently caress all

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

DELETE CASCADE posted:

gently caress the eu and gently caress the gdpr, i'm an american i don't give a poo poo. if you're an eu business or multinational under their jurisdiction that's different, of course you have to comply with the law. but i'm gonna keep operating my american database according to american laws regardless of whether somebody in it happens to be an eu citizen, and the consequences for this will be precisely gently caress all

cite ur quotes

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

are EU laws why a lot of websites tell me that cookies, a perfectly normal part of the HTTP standard, exist

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

yeah, it's the laziest CYA method of complying with some data regulation

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
some juicy details on the infrastructure the FSB forces russian telecoms to run at their expense at gunpoint

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/991060486400675840?s=21

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
it’s kind of old news but i haven’t heard much about it back when they dropped it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

DELETE CASCADE posted:

The way this is going to be enforced is by seizing assets held in tax haven accounts in Ireland.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
lol assflange is gonna be pissed when he gets internet back and sees Wikileaks releases stuff on Russia

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DELETE CASCADE posted:

username/post

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

lol assflange is gonna be pissed when he gets internet back and sees Wikileaks releases stuff on Russia

i hope he never gets internet back and just has to live in his sad little room in the embassy peeking out his window desperately hoping someone will walk by outside with a browser open on their phone so he can get a glimpse at all that he loves which he's missing

cuz you just know he's the kinda person that's so online that it physically hurts him to not have a constant stream of reddit or w/e pumping into his veins 24/7

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

i hope he never gets internet back and just has to live in his sad little room in the embassy peeking out his window desperately hoping someone will walk by outside with a browser open on their phone so he can get a glimpse at all that he loves which he's missing

cuz you just know he's the kinda person that's so online that it physically hurts him to not have a constant stream of reddit or w/e pumping into his veins 24/7

Julian Assange has now self-imprisoned for over 5.5 years, which is longer than he risked imprisonment for in Sweden based on the average sentences for his charges.

And the conditions he put himself in are manifestly worse than the Nordic prison he'd be in. For instance, he literally has not been outside besides a tiny balcony.

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

DELETE CASCADE posted:

lol :qq: GDPR owns

fishmech posted:

Julian Assange has now self-imprisoned for over 5.5 years, which is longer than he risked imprisonment for in Sweden based on the average sentences for his charges.

And the conditions he put himself in are manifestly worse than the Nordic prison he'd be in. For instance, he literally has not been outside besides a tiny balcony.
holy hell I’d almost feel sorry for him if he wasn’t a complete poo poo bag

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fishmech posted:

good

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
like remember: the ecuadorian embassy isn't even a whole floor of the building, let alone the whole building with a yard. its just a fairly small office and he's using up a like 6 foot by 8 foot room

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fishmech posted:

6 years is in fact the outside maximum for the specific degree of rape he stood accused of (2-6 years), and swedish praxis is to parole after two thirds. so he has already passed by the maximum he could have incurred by some margin

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Y'all talking about this like he is in there to avoid going to Swedish jail but we all know that's not his motivation.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

true, but his motivation makes no sense, so it doesn't make for much conversation

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
His publically stated motivation was iirc a fear that the us was going to take him to Guantanamo Bay as revenge for wikileaks publishing a bunch of stuff, which apparently only actually became a concern for him after the Swedish police issued an arrest warrant over the rape allegations.

I'm sure people can make up their own mind as to whether that's actually credible, or just a narcissist trying to dodge any consequences for being a horrible person.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah I personally believe it's the latter but in his mind he's not in there just to beat his swedish rape rap.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
¡Buen trabajo!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jabor posted:

His publically stated motivation was iirc a fear that the us was going to take him to Guantanamo Bay as revenge for wikileaks publishing a bunch of stuff, which apparently only actually became a concern for him after the Swedish police issued an arrest warrant over the rape allegations.

I'm sure people can make up their own mind as to whether that's actually credible, or just a narcissist trying to dodge any consequences for being a horrible person.

i completely believe that he believes it

jeff sessions seems to want to find something to charge him with too https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/apr/21/arresting-julian-assange-is-a-priority-says-us-attorney-general-jeff-sessions

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
that sessions quote is a complete non-statement

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

the kinda person that's so online that it physically hurts him to not have a constant stream of reddit or w/e pumping into his veins 24/7

gently caress, same.

:(

E: although I've literally been on Reddit like twice and didn't understand it either time so I came back here, more's the goddamn pity.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
does anyone know of a good self-hosted CA server

can't use let's encrypt because LAN

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

RISCy Business posted:

adcs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RISCy Business posted:

what exactly do you mean by CA "server"

like do you need some web interface that lets you generate certs? because if you just need a CA you can do that with raw openssl or one of the simple little wrapper scripts that streamline the process or something like that. if you wanna get a fancy UI there's stuff like tinyca: https://tinyca.alioth.debian.org/

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

or this if you're a windows

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

adcs is the best but you need to make sure you plan for it properly and replace the default templates w/ copies w/ better settings.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
cfssl in "serve" mode
hashicorp vault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
make a blockchain

• Locked thread