Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezjdc2Yxrj4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

however the pc version is now happening on the 21st instead, at the asinine time of 6pm

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

What kind of monster hates on crispy taco shells?

Anyone who has had real Mexican food

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

I'm sure there are plenty of books on it, but the history of cooking must be fascinating. Not modern cuisine, but stuff like how in the world people came up with baking or anything that requires more processing than put dead animal over fire. I should look into it one of these days.

There was a cool short documentary done by the America Test Kitchen people a few years back, where they tried to replicate a Victorian-era feast and had to rediscover all these things and skills that the old chefs took for granted.

E: Fanny's Last Supper. It's on Netflix iirc. Here's a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnvg6oEl7pQ

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dewgy posted:

This was a fun watch. The best bit is that they tried to find out when turtles were in season and got a response like they just asked for a hunting license for pet dogs.

I thought it was interesting how hard they found it to make gelatin, because that's just a thing people knew how to do back then so there weren't any steps provided

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I liked Splendid Table.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.amazon.com/Titanfall-2-PC/dp/B01H0LFJWA?th=1

cheap titanfall

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Is Torment: Tides of Numeria worth going up to the $15 tier on this Humble Bundle?

Also hot drat the AoE remaster came out yesterday?

E:

Isn't this one supposed to have a good single-player campaign? $5 seems like a great deal but I can't see myself staying interested in multiplayer for long enough to get good at it.

It's got a very good singleplayer campaign. It's only about 7 hours long but they're good hours, lots of cool gimmicks and levels. Hard to recommend at full price just due to being so short but for five bucks it's a steal

It's honestly one of the best fpses in years.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 21, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

Titanfall 2 is better than Doom 2016.

Agreed.

The factory level is cooler than anything in Doom, and then Cause and Effect of course is even better

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 21, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Well drat, guess I'll re-route that Humble Bundle money to Titanfall 2 then. Haven't really been invested in a FPS since Halo 2 so I'm sure that this will be a trip. Thanks!

...wait poo poo I need Origin to play this don't I? :argh:

Yeah, EA published, so you gotta do the Origin thing. I guess if that's a deal breaker then, I dunno, play it on console some time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I always wonder why people are ok with Steam DRM but not others

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

what're the walmart greeters in this metaphor

Steam Curators

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Andrast posted:

EA just doesn’t want to give Valve a cut

Oh no what bastards lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i played a little bit of the beta this past weekend and it was a wholly unremarkable "defend this thing from hordes" sort of game, except with a even more hosed up and wild menu system that makes the idroid motherbase management from mgsv look competently designed and intuitive

The game is mostly singleplayer though, and the base building is done on a grid system and works fine. The beta was of, like, the most unimportant part and that's weird as gently caress.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lets hang out posted:

i'm having a good time with metal gear. reminds me of STALKER a little, but with more punching wildlife in the head so I can cook and eat it

yeah i like it a lot. plus it has a more dumbass plot than mgs5 which is preferable

WELCOME TO THE CHARON CORPS. YOURE GOING TO HELL

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Does Survive have single player stuff or is it all multi base defence?

it is almost all singleplayer and the base defense is like a side thing. the marketing for this game was idiotic

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

So what the hell is the game, just Minecraft in Metal Gear Land or something? I'm totally confused.

it's, i dunno, an open-world survival horror game kinda? gather plants and stuff, die of dysentery, fight a big monster, learn about vietnam

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

al-azad posted:

Is it story stuff like Asscreed or is it “single Player” in the way Minecraft is where there’s an endgame state but it’s left wide open how you reach it.

it has a story and cutscenes and pretentious dialog sometimes, and also audiologs because mgsv

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah, i guess i could record a mission or something so people can see it. it's a survival game so it's not, like, gonna magically make you like those, but it's also 100% not the game they presented in any marketing ever. loving insane

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

heres a mission where you save a nurse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AiE1ye_Sw

as i said its not, like, whoa now finally survival games have arrived dawg, but it's also not the thing people assumed it'd be. so i'm mostly just confused?

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 22, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

What I actually want to happen is for the credits to fade out and it says SILENT HILLS

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

CARRY FENCES WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO
You can easily manipulate enemies by building a fence. If you can’t manage to separate your enemies and give yourself some breathing room, you’re going to get overwhelmed. Luckily, you have plenty of ways to deal with this problem.

Metal Gear Survive is full of natural choke points. After you run through narrow passageways, you can build a fence behind you. The zombies will attack the fence. While they whale on your creation, you can poke them with spears or shoot them with arrows

What the gently caress am I even reading

You can craft fences in the home base and then carry them with you for deployment on missions. You can also eventually make ramps and stuff to reach blocked off places. You can see me use one in that video but they weren't very relevant to the goal so I didn't use them for much. If you have to defend a position then they are good. If it's a chain link fence then it has holes in it you can shoot through but there's also solid ones etc

As with all stuff (ammo, etc) you have a limit on how many you can carry and you have to bring them with you when you leave the base.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

It's me actually.

Then you should have paid more for a tattoo artist I guess

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I do think mg survive would have done better with the fans if they just had monsters or maybe gekkos instead of zambies. Rising has endless identical hordes of lovely little robots but that was, I guess, ok with people because they were robots?

But it's true that more variety would be nice

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

apparently survive does have post-game bosses and events and stuff but yeah that final boss fight dont look greeeeat

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

haha i got to a point where i have to defend against waves of zombies. i guess i get it now cause thats dumb as hell, lemme explore dammit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Motto posted:

Fair, but I think it'd be hard to make an enjoyable straightforward RPG that didn't have that to some extent.

Then don't claim it's THE MOST REALISTIC AND ACCURATE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i was enjoying MG Survive until about 12 hours in they teleported me to a tiny new area, with a linear corridor and no exploration, and when i got to the end the AI said "defend this spot for 15 minutes." and i dont want to do that. so i guess it really is the successor to mgsv

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hopper posted:

You guys were not kidding, Titanfall 2 I'd excellent...And the TItan parts (I only just started this is based on the sewer tunnels and the first boss titan) really are rather bland compared to explaining doublejump pilotstuff.

Question though, I figured out how to go from toggle aim to hold to aim on my own after realizing the more obvious button for that I'd only for gamepad.
But I did not see an option to disable depth of field. Did I miss that or do I have to mess with the ini files? I really don't like dof, just like motion blur, but thankfully there does not seem to be motion blur anyway.

You can't turn the dof off.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it looks like lovely megaman 9

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think you mean 7 or 8

yeah i meant 7, whatever, it's still ugly

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Motto posted:

Also they made it not look mega-assy like the DS ones and advertised it

then they made the gaiden remake, and...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

GUI posted:

According to the embarrassing comment thread there a friend gifted him the game which is arguably worse.

better hope that friend doesnt know his twitter i guess

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

We may treat the environment like poo poo but at least we aren't making animals into mechanical chimeras yet.

they put metal doors into the sides of cows now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it is a mechanical chimera!!!

• Locked thread