Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So I watched the Flames-Blackhawks game last night and on that non-goal: Can someone explain to me how it wasn't a kick, but was interference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Levitate posted:

I think Lundqvist is too old and has too many years left on his contract to really attract much attention

He's going to end up in Chicago as management decides we were just one heathy Crawford away.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

grack posted:

Who exactly are the Hawks gonna trade? Seabrook?

Saad. Again.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Arizona lit up Chicago 6-1.
Thankfully they didn't use Richard Panik to do it. That would have been embarassing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gonna go ahead and trademark the term "Battle in Seattle" when Columbus or Vegas is in town.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Furnaceface posted:

Im glad Chicago is embracing the tank.

Im not glad the teams below them are all somehow still worse and losing just as much so the Hawks cant even claw their way closer to a better pick.

loving Edmonton. :mad:

They just lost to Arizona.

Also they're pulling a referse of lastyear where they went from bubble team to best-in-the-west by winning every game in February. This year they're going to lose every single game this month, and also not get swept in the playoffs. Progress! (?)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Seattle Grumps

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Maybe they'll buy out Calgary and just rename them the Roasts

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Dank Memes of Seattle.
We start calling it Memattle.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Teemu Pokemon posted:

SEATTLE BATTLE CATTLE

TRIPPLE SOW COW

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Thufir posted:

Are any of those players good?

I think Pokka was a prospect that never developed but was supposed to be good?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ummagumma posted:

Pokka was what the Hawks got in return for Nick Leddy (who they dealt because of cap issues) in 2014. He never dressed a game for the Blackhawks, not even this year, when they've called up a bunch of players to try and fix a leaky defense.

So yea Pokka is probably really bad. And uh, needless to say that the Leddy trade was not one of Bowman's finest hours.

Never forgive Leddy for 2014.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neodoomium posted:

Trevor Daley, 3.2 until 2020 (36) with a NTC

:eyepop:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Face of the Penguin(s)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I read an article today that hinted that Columbus was interested in getting Anisimov back. Which means, after you shake everything out they will have traded Panarin for Forsberg.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CBJSprague24 posted:

CBJ claim Taylor Chorney.

I saw Anisimov was on a short list for possible deadline targets and man, that's been a wild sequence of events which would get even wilder if they did that:
CBJ trade Anismov, Dano, Tropp, Morin to CHI for Saad, Maletta, Broadhurst
CBJ trade Saad, Forsberg, pick to CHI for Panarin, Motte, pick
CBJ trade (prospect? pick?) to CHI for Anisimov?

e- What would Chicago want for Arty Party?

To go further: Dano was traded for Ladd as a rental. Tropp another nobody and a seventh
Morin became Panik who became Duclair.
The price of admission to the Arty Party is to pretend to be interested in Seabrook. (Probably one midling prospect and one 3rd, and some AHLers no one will ever think about each way). Also a handshake because the deal won't occur until July because of his NMC.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 21, 2018

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CBJSprague24 posted:

Corey Tropp would score like 3 goals a year but one of them was always highlight reel. Sometimes, they didn't even count!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j78KBUU7J9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPFBggoCjho

Lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fits posted:

but wouldnt he have to uh. clear waivers to go to the ahl in the first place. or does that not count when you claim someone

Claim a player off waivers to put him back on waivers which he should pass since who's dumb enough to claim a player of the waiver wire?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
There will be no talk about acquiring veteran presence, leadership, or grit without three-time Cup winning champion Brent Seabrook.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Chad Sexington posted:

Yeah but how good is he at crosschecking people in the back after they score?

He's pretty meh at that, but he will take penalties rather than turn around. And one time he [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFCiYri04Oo]killed David Bakes[\url].

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bootcha posted:

Gah.

Existential crisis. Crawford won 1.5 Stanley Cups, but I don't like him, he's overpaid and has a bad face. His face is bad. I hate his face.

But every single loving backup from this era has left to other teams.

Niemi was a great savior but is a total goddamned bust.

Raanta was okay but is kinda fun to watch on the Yotes.

Darling was a sweetheart Cinderella story but has shat the bed with the Canes.

Now I have Forsberg and Glass standing in front of me, and while both look competent neither is making my heart flutter.

I loved Nabby and Kahby during the invisible years. Much as I loved Belfour I wore a Jimmy Waite jersey. I'm sad we couldn't do anything with Hasek. Hackett was serviceable. Leighton and Munro were forgettable. We even had Craig Anderson for fucks sake.

I'm at a loss as to how to either root for or jeer the current Hawks goaltending depth and ability.

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Isn’t Crawford one of the consistently best goalies of the last few years? I thought the whole Crawford is bad it’s just the hawks D that’s good narrative was fake news
Yes.
When the hawks were good and dominant after 2013 it turned Ray Emery, Antti Raanta, and Scott Darling into starters, the later two played their way into positions on other teams because the team kept winning while Crawford was hurt. It created a meme in Chicago that Crawford's 6x6 contract was something we could dump because cap hell. This season has proved how instrumental he was to Chicago's success because you'll notice they've gone from bubble team in the central meat-grinder to fallin' for Dahlin since he stopped playing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bootcha posted:

Dang it. Alright, Crawford is the best. That the Hawks have had since Belfour.

Still hate his face.

It's ok bud, I only know because I was guilty of it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DJExile posted:

Here yall have some neato pictures of :cop: doing the HHH spritz

https://twitter.com/KateFresePhoto/status/966840459497803777

Majestic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Koopa Kid posted:

Luckily the Leafs can’t possibly fall out of their playoff spot, but if he misses more than a month then that’s the season. Only bright side would be maybe Lou wouldn’t be a buyer at the deadline if he’s out.

OR! You buy now and then he comes back in time for playoffs and there's no cap! FREE ROSTER SPACE!

• Locked thread