Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The difference between the Clippers odds of winning with and without Milos are greater than they are with and without Blake and Chris Paul

Him probably being the worst defensive player in the league makes it all the more confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
:siren: Bobby Brown signs with Olympiacos :siren:

Where a one Kyle WILTjer plays.

Rockets fans can finally rest easy I think it's safe to say we won't be resigning him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

The difference between the Clippers odds of winning with and without Milos are greater than they are with and without Blake and Chris Paul

Him probably being the worst defensive player in the league makes it all the more confusing

Welcome back
He's so good at reading his defender's body language, he throws passes when his man thinks he's going to dribble or take an elbow jumper. He shoots when the defender has committed to a pass. He's good. If he could jump higher than a chemistry book his 3p% would probably be better

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Zaza Pachulia better not get within a thousand feet of the Alamo unless he wants to get swarmed by a thick fleshy mob of portly well upholstered silver + black jerseys

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

Fultz and the lakers first for Kawhi?

Fultz' problem is mental

Kawhi is disintegrating

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

N: lmao the bulls blew the tank

V: https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/966830368597905408

e: never mind the bulls activated sleeper agent denzel valentine

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 23, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
the most clutch loss ever.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dexo posted:

the most clutch loss ever.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Levin/status/966876774670901248

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/threekola/status/966877441326137350

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sixers are good .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Amazing. Just wait until undersized chucker wins RoY.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/michael_levin/status/966877118989824001

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

It’s almost like the Bulls didn’t want to win

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Also Tyrone Wallace is kind of good...smooth finisher

E: to back that up, he’s shooting 70% in the paint!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Amazing. Just wait until undersized chucker wins RoY.

why are you so salty over a rookie playing well and putting himself in contention for rookie of the year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

why are you so salty over a rookie playing well and putting himself in contention for rookie of the year

I'm not. Simmons will be. That was the point of the post .

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

I'm not. Simmons will be. That was the point of the post .

hes not a rookie though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know Mitchell benefited from playing last year but it's not fair to say he's not a rookie .

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
holy poo poo I just watched The Bobby Portis Game

Simmons is so fun to watch.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Well, I'm convinced Kawhi's uncle is pushing him to get out to LA. He'll be in a Lakers uniform soon and the destruction of NBA will be complete.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bashez posted:

Well, I'm convinced Kawhi's uncle is pushing him to get out to LA. He'll be in a Lakers uniform soon and the destruction of NBA will be complete.

:hellyeah:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

welcome back Brolic, what's your opinion on the Blake trade and DAJ non-trade

the Wizards put together a nice win over the Cavs, they were in control from pretty much the second quarter onward

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bashez posted:

literally going to nephew himself out of a good organization

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

I know Mitchell benefited from playing last year but it's not fair to say he's not a rookie .

Fair to use Redshirt Rookie as a narrative hit tho!

anyhow you don't want Simmons winning ROTY it's been a polluted award for a while now, older rookies who are peaking in their careers and don't ever get much better have been winning it lately and it might curse him terribly.

you don't want to put Simmons name in there with Tyreke Evans, Andrew Wiggins, probably Brogdon and the dreaded Michael Carter Williams. It's a hex waiting to happen

(I don't know exactly how this applies to Lillard beating out Davis for ROTY because ROTY is a scoring title. I've kinda thought Dame looked like a permanent all-star but never a top 10 guy from year 1 and Davis has always Showed Promise, but saying Dame came into the NBA almost complete isn't actually a knock on a player and Davis does tend to miss some games)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
RUSS TOO CLUTCH

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
KAT won rookie of the year and it hosed him up so bad you couldn't get him to try on D until Embiid emasculated him on the colosseum floor at the behest of God Emperor Hinkie

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KAT needed jimmy to show him that defense is cool, you can hang out with hip hollywood celebrity marky mark and the entire funky bunch

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

RUSS TOO CLUTCH

"no no no no NOOOOOOOooo Noo" lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLGRhQVecs

edit: broadcast version: https://streamable.com/mu4kd

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

not this guy is funnier because it's rudy gay, imo

e: just watched not this guy again, might be the definitive basketball video of our time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bashez posted:

Kawhi for Ryan Anderson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvanTH posted:

How do you let the guy who you know with 100% certainty is going to get the last shot get that open

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

not this guy is funnier because it's rudy gay, imo

completely true but I like how this one has a whole section of people NOing, plus a woman screaming and a child crying

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Intruder posted:

How do you let the guy who you know with 100% certainty is going to get the last shot get that open

Stephen Adams staring down the dude who's supposed to be chasing Russ makes him visibly hesitate and choose the weak way around the screen

I'd be scared too that guy's strong and he hits hard

edit: Garrett Temple supposed to be on Russ?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

welcome back Brolic, what's your opinion on the Blake trade and DAJ non-trade

the Wizards put together a nice win over the Cavs, they were in control from pretty much the second quarter onward
The Blake trade was a bummer for sentimental reasons but fine to good for basketball reasons.

Happy we kept DJ as long as he opts in. He’s not that good, but I like him and it doesn’t sound like that much was on offer

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Philly fans are huge babies.

Mitchell should stop chucking and defer to all the great shot creators around him like, uh, Joe Ingles and Ricky Rubio

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 23, 2018

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bashez posted:

I hope you're right for once.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

EvanTH posted:

The best part of this is how, after a steady stream of mad sports guy "NO!"s, he seamlessly goes into an angry version of the play-by-play announcer patter about how the refs are gonna go to the replay screens to make sure he got the shot off before the buzzer

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Rick posted:

I hope you're right for once.

There's a first time for everything.

Depending on how bitter the divorce is I might end up a lakers fan.

Gross.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Bashez posted:

And after that the Spurs will somehow still be the 4 seed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

MourningView posted:

Philly fans are huge babies.

Mitchell should stop chucking and defer to all the great shot creators around him like, uh, Joe Ingles and Ricky Rubio

Don't sleep on the slo-mo Joe iso

• Locked thread