Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

RCarr posted:

Good points. I have been eating extremely well, and counting calories. For example, yesterday I consumed 1,000 calories(obviously I do eat more on some days), I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, lifted weights for a half hour, and then at night I played basketball for about an hour and a half before I got hurt. I just have to focus on not sitting around and eating comfort foods now that I can't do any cardio. I'll do my best to still get to the gym and lift weights.

It just lovely because the weight has been absolutely falling off, and it sucks to hit a setback.

How bad was the roll? I rolled mine sometime this past spring and it took maybe a week before I was able to at least put in the weight lifting again and maybe about 3 or 4 weeks till I felt ok playing ball again, albeit very cautiously. Your routine may have to change, but it doesn't mean you have to drop it altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

What kind of bizarre world do you live in where people call 3 seconds in pickup?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The Process is ongoing and anyone making a sincere critique about its effectiveness is being petty at this point. If either of Embiid or Simmons (Fultz too, obviously) end up an All NBA player or MVP candidate within a few years, then it's a success. The point of comparison isn't other teams but where the Sixers were when the whole thing started, which was a team that was dreadfully mediocre and then gutted its meandering future for Andrew Bynum (people forget about this wrinkle too often). Hinkie came into an already broken team and is most guilty of not being a guy who gave people like Luol Deng and Mozgov albatross contracts to keep fake confidence in the team.

Also, assuming the Sixers end up in the playoffs in 6-8, not all lower seeded teams are the same. There's a huge difference between an up and coming team hitting their stride for the first time and a veteran/capped out team maxing out as a 6th seed like the Bobcat Hornets. Even if they lose in the first round, I think there will naturally be higher expectations going forward. And if they become perennial playoff 2nd or 3rd round losers, at least the process debate will be much more interesting.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The B_36 posted:

Well sure, if your metric for success is "more promising long term than the Blazers", then you'd also trade their last 4 playoff seasons for about half the teams in the league. The Sixers aren't the first team to ever have a few promising (injury prone) young guys, a small payroll and some draft picks.

Do you rate every sports management strategy in binary? To the biggest "victims" of the process, Sixers fans, it's already been a pretty big success. The amount of hope the fanbase has gotten is a huge part of why people have accepted it and gotten onboard.

• Locked thread