Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rick posted:

J.J. Reddick somehow ending up experiencing an IRL Larry David moment is somehow appropriate.

J.J.'s Tourette's Awareness Month is off to a good start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Duggler posted:

I still can't get over KD and LeBron double teaming Steph on the last possession

NBA February N/V: The look on Steph's face was like he was going to actual prison

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

:agreed: never saw him do that, but saw this alternate anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36uzqa8w49Q

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Scottie Pippen's alma mater, Central Arkansas University, has produced no other NBA players. It's an NAIA school that he entered at 6'1, and left at 6'8. It had an agricultural program that focused on forage recovery for late growth in stock. Is there a connection?

Dennis Rodman also went to an NAIA school in S.E. Oklahoma (Southeastern, I think in Durant?) What are the odds of 2 guys like that on a Championship team?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah last year you kept freaking out that they played Bobby Portis more than Felicio

What a year for Bobby Two Eyes

Bobby Jawbreaker. Bobby Judge Doom Eyes. How many other players have mafia names?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MourningView posted:

Frankie Smokes

Frankie Warning Nicotine is Dangerous to Your Health.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Little Ant'ny

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I could see Hinkie liking Bach.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

He can't be worse than the chowderheads Fox has.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

WhyteRyce posted:

Hey how is the Mark Cuban "I Knew Nothing At All" Minimize The Damage Tour coming along
https://deadspin.com/fired-mavericks-employee-i-signed-a-contract-that-said-1823181772

Who would name their kid Terdema?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Niwrad posted:

It's kind of an interesting position for Silver. Cuban wasn't the one doing it like Sterling or Richardson. But it's pretty clear that there is a culture he should have dealt with as an owner.

It's going to end up in a massive fine from the league but I wonder if they'd have the balls to suspend him in some capacity for a year.

Maybe make them forfeit draft picks too. Bwhahaha.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

cam payne nailing a heroic shot at the buzzer against brooklyn, fists in the air, racing towards the bench, while the entire united center boos the poo poo out of him is the most cam payne thing that can happen

It's like Urkel never left

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

There was a prank war and Russell was planning to use that recording for it somehow. Supposedly, someone else got to his phone and made the video public, instead.

Den it escalated and the boys went to da mattresses. It wasn't pretty.

How in the wide wide world of sports this stupid anecdote can be in the same conversation as Cuban's dysfunctional and predatory org beats all

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ChickenMedium posted:

Cruel to have to go through life with every wisenheimer asking you "How do you like them, Apples?"

So I pulled out a number and I gave it to him. The number was forty-four. How you like them numbers?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm being treated for back payne

Great players tell their payne "Not back today"

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Away all Goats posted:

The amount of non contact injuries this year is insane, maybe something to do with the higher pace as a byproduct of the stretched out schedule?

No, it's the Heisenberg gravity vortex fluctuation. #flatearthisrealpeople

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Also Keb'n's keeping it real. Imagine how much he could have donated if he hadn't voluntarily given up some of his salary. I jest

https://tinyurl.com/y7yq5p5z

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

thibs has run: luol deng, joakim noah, derrick rose, and now jimmy g buckets into the ground

when will this madman be stopped??

When the Wolves miss the playoffs a couple seasons running.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

I wonder if people forgot that Zaza literally almost ended Durant's career last season with a flop

That was totally not a flop. Gortat (whom may I remind you is Polish, I think they have hated Georgians for centuries) picked up Zaza bodily and correctly threw him where Durant happened to be innocently waiting.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Them signing KD being bad and a step that can never be forgiven isn't so much about it "killing basketball" or making the Warriors overkill, both of which have some truth to them...
it's more that that OKC-GSW wcf was soooooo loving good and regardless of who was going to win that, every basketball fan was like "drat this is gonna be a dope rivalry for the years". and they took that away, to make a historically great already considered unstoppable team better with another top 5 player

David Stern should have risen out of his coffin in the daytime and put the kibosh to that bullshit loophole fuckery. Shame!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Durant is a bitch for going to GSW rather than WAS or BOS but he was never ever going to stay in OKC and put up with Westbrook's bullshit a day longer than he had to.

I know we all know that but sometimes it bears remembering

That's horseshit. KD was really upset Presti fired Brooks. A friend of mine was the night manager of a frozen yoghurt shop in Edmond and after late home games, Brooks would take the guys there, they'd have frozen yoghurts, and talk about stuff. All kinds of stuff. KD really looked up to Scott Brooks like a father figure.

I was as bad as anyone itt about Brooks not knowing his X's from his O's, but he was a player's coach, I reckon he still is. That counts for a lot more in the NBA than people realize.

And KD did not like Billy Donovan.

edit because

Fast Luck posted:

KD going to the 73-win Warriors is historically pathetic and may the Rockets strike them down.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: KD was mad they fired the nice guy who took him for ice cream after the games. The bitch made legend grows

Did Billy not spring for waffle cones or something.

Haha drat expect no mercy from these goons, they knoweth not the meaning m'lady

Spoeank posted:

"He won't let us get the Gotta Have It! I'm out!"

WhyteRyce posted:

Hey KD this is pay by weight man, brownie bites and cheesecake bites are for champions only

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

:vince:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

KD when you ever gonna man up?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

euphronius posted:

It's clearly lebron. Imho. He was the best player on the floor in the ASG and it wasn't close.

That doesn't mean he's most valuable now, does it?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I'm just waiting for AD to average 40+ points for the rest of the season and drag the Pels to the 3 seed to snatch it from him.

So no one's worried that AD averaging 40 mpg lately is going to break him and then and then? He's got a history you know.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

It should go down when they aren't playing OT games half the time.

I like your "glass-is-half-full" rose colored glasses, Kibner, you who know better than anyone how these things go. Hell, why not believe that Antny can morph into an IronMan and drag the Pels into the 2nd Round? It really would be something.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

https://twitter.com/alexabrines/sta...-adams-nba-melo

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I kinda like Corey Brewer. Maybe it's my imagination but he always seems to own the Thunder. Now.....he can do it from ze inside bwahaaha

Kibner posted:

Worth reading, though the author is biased (in my eyes, anyway):

https://twitter.com/MirinFader/status/968903534447017984

I get an Eraserhead vibe from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lockback posted:

Surprised Wes's teammates didn't give him a kick or a shove on the way back up. I probably would have wanted to get in on that.

They were afraid what Harden put on him might be contagious.

• Locked thread