Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't decide if it would be funnier if cam payne goes out there and just sucks rear end in the hilarious cam payne way or if he is unexpectedly competent enough to completely gently caress up the tank

Messing up the tank would be funnier but only if he immediately regressed at the start of next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Honestly if we lose Kawhi I'm just switching to hockey for like two years and meditating in the hills
I was at the ducks game ln it wasn't that bad. NBA games should end with massive half assed fights too.

Don't switch to hockey, just watch more national broadcasts of contenders.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I wouldn't trade Kawhi's degenerative hip and leg for Andrew Wiggins

I'd make that trade in a second.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wade Vice jerseys are back in stock. But I'm thinking of getting a kid's version instead. It's 50 bucks cheaper and looks more like a shirt than a jersey, which I like.

Thoughts?

Children's large jerseys fit like you would expect an adult medium to. It's a good strategy and the savings are nice.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

uggy posted:

1 minute 22 seconds

lurker here but like couldn't we just look how often teams have won when down by 12 in the last minute and a half - we have 1 example of a major injury

I'm often surprised to see starters out when their team is up big - even last night's houston/minnesota game was basically over with a couple minutes left and the rockets starters were out while the wolves starters weren't. Some of it has to be getting burn after the lay off.

We could look at that. While I don't have exact numbers, teams very very rarely come back down 12 in the last minute. In fact a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left is generally safe. I understand keeping guys in for a playoff game that close but losing that lead is rare.

Also, your avatar owns.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hope he plays one last season just so he can pass Wilt in all time points before retiring.
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/967282001840545793

"Nowitzki was only able to log four minutes in the fourth quarter due to back tightness, with head coach Rick Carlisle stating he'd have to check on the veteran's status Saturday to determine the severity of the problem"
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/mavericks-dirk-nowitzki-struggles-with-back-tightness-friday/

in pretty much the only other non-awful Mavs news from the past week.
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/966691564578922496

What do y'all think the league is going to do to punish the franchise/Cuban for the team's unacceptable office culture? I feel like banning Cuban from the franchise for a year might at least be a decent start. Cuban being banned for Dirk's last season would be interesting.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 24, 2018

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Zaza is dirty but him doing the Bowen to a player on a team that proudly hangs Bruce Bowen's jersey from the rafters in a way is poetic justice. If a franchise honors someone who made a career off playing dirty and trying to injure other players, maybe they should understand they've established that as an acceptable play style in their building.

Zaza continuing to play dirty is terrible don't get me wrong. That dive at Westbrook is awful. However, if it's related to the Spurs I don't want to hear about Zaza being dirty until they take down the Bowen jersey.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah how is Kawhi responsible for the sins of the spurs org
I mean under those terms everyone wearing a mavs jersey should be constantly undercut cuz mark Cuban is a fuckhead who allowed creeps in his org

Mark Cuban did allow creeps in his organization, he and the organization should be punished. Allowing those creeps in is unacceptable.

The Spurs should have fired RC Buford after he was caught drunk driving around San Antonio.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Durant is a bitch for going to GSW rather than WAS or BOS but he was never ever going to stay in OKC and put up with Westbrook's bullshit a day longer than he had to.

I know we all know that but sometimes it bears remembering

In what world does it make sense to leave a team with Westbrook for one with Wall? I get that he is from the area but Wall's teammates don't like him and he is worse than Westbrook.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Somebody tell him to stop trying to ruin the tank.
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/968324822152503299
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/968324677272776706

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wasn't Petrovic the one who didn't shower for days at a time so people would be uncomfortable guarding him due to how smelly he was

What a god

Imagine if people were this competitive on curved tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe it's a side effect of the Warriors becoming comic book villains but I think my appreciation of James Harden goes up every year

James Harden owns unless you are rooting for a team he is playing against. Then his flopping becomes just obnoxious.

Classic, glad to see this posted.

• Locked thread