Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I have no idea what the Knicks do now, they are just hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The Cavaliers are a laughably bad team this year whose issues are being paved over by another legendary Lebron season.

I don't think this Cavs team makes it beyond the conference semifinals against either Boston or Toronto.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

What are the Cavs sending out to get Clarkson and Nance?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I remember the heat on these boards back in August for suggesting the Celtics won the trade deal. One of the few predictions I've ever been correct on.

I like this Lakers/Cavs deal for both sides. I've always seen Clarkson as a positive player, and the Cavs literally just need a Guard who doesn't poo poo the bed in their lineup right now. Nance seems like a good rotation player to fill 15-20 min a game for the Cavs, maybe more while covering the Love injury. Deal works for the Lakers too because it gives them a pick and cap flexibility.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

To be fair the only way you make it to the NBA (much less become an all-star) at 5'7" is to have one hell of a chip on your shoulder

I figured Thomas had been lying about his height for awhile, but he actually combine measured at 5'8 3/4" without shoes and 5'10" with shoes, which surprises me because he looks shorter than that on the floor, maybe it's just cause there's so few sub-6' players.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Not sure what Utah or Sacramento gets out of those deals, unless they just wanted to dump players.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Heavily protected second round pick basically means they just gave Wade away. Which is about his value now anyways.

Hopefully he can come in for a few retirement tour games in Miami, even though Miami is actually really likely to be an East playoff team.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

the cavs are now me whenever i start a new game of nba 2k

Gotta move in and make the roster right.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Finally we can trust the process

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Thibs no, put the phone down, someone slap the phone out of his hand.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

IT texted to announce Lil Baller Brand in direct competition with Big Baller Brand.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Joe Johnson is just a guy I would assume will play forever. I'd never stat check him. I'd just assume he's gonna check in on some contender and do some old man bullshit and score like 15 points in 10 minutes out of nowhere after not even registering a pulse in like the previous month.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lebron and Durant are rightfully villified for their Miami / Golden State moves because they created anti-competitive environments in entire conferences.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Is MCW still in the league? I totally forgot about him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Kibner posted:

on the Hornets.

This makes sense. Now that I think about it, I don’t know if I have watched a Charlotte Hornets game since the 1990s.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Ron Artest was the best two way player in the league so theory disproven

:lol: remember when people actually said Ron Artest was the best two way player in the league

I feel like Ron Artest was just way physically larger than any other wing in the league back then. Basketball Reference has him listed as 6'6" 260.

And he just bodied people all game long. It was probably just physically exhausting to absorb contact from him over an entire game.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

I remember summer when he Hulked out and then ultimately couldn't chase Rip through screens in the ECF. But good job being an early proto small ball PF

Yeah I mean there's pros and cons to being super juiced

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

:perfect:

Absolute savage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I love how Cuban pinned everything on a random HR director and disavowed all knowledge even though he’s been one of the most hands on owners in the league for his entire run. That’s believable.

I’m also super bummed about Kawhi.

• Locked thread