Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I'd be a little surprised if the Clippers, Magic, or Jazz moved any of their pretty decent expiring wings for the Thunder's assorted junk. I wouldn't trade Abrines for the hell of it either. If Presti feels "eh" about PG staying, he might trade that 2022 FRP, but it would have to be for someone who clearly increases their odds of advancing in the playoffs & also gets them off Singler's contract.

Instead I suspect the Thunder will trade two second round picks & use a trade exception to take on some extremely underwhelming perimeter player (Randy Foye, Douglas Buckets, Ronnie Brewer, Dion Waiters), and then grab an equally underwhelming washed vet from the buyout market (Caron Butler, Derek Fisher). It is written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

please god not another foye butler or fisher

They're in a tough spot. But if it's really as much of a buyer's market as all the media rumormongers say, maybe they can grab a leftover wing from the pile of Bradley, Lou, Hood, etc. at 2:45 on Thursday. They kinda need a vet minimum big who can pretend to protect the rim too.

I would prefer they completely avoid the completely roasted rear end vets like Tony Allen, Joe Johnson, and--dare I even say it--Kendrick Perkins.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Maybe they could actually be Dion Waiters and Derek Fisher again

Dion will always be welcome in the warm, clogged hearts of Oklahomans. Derek Fisher is all the way out of the family though.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Tae posted:

I mean, Jason KIdd is available again if you need another derek fisher

this did lead me to imagine Kidd trying to play weird mindgames with Russ about his jumper like he did with Giannis.

e: Wall's real beef is surely with Beal but he's scapegoating the Polish

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 7, 2018

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Os Furoris posted:

Is Tony Allen completely worthless at this point? Can you see him giving 15 good defensive minutes a game?

Maybe unknowable right now. He's recovering from a broken fibula at age 36. If they completely flame out on everyone else, he'll probably be the best perimeter defender left on the pile, but sheesh

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I feel like LAC extended Lou because Balmer likes him and he told them to. It's like ~7% of the cap too so eh.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

MelancholyMark posted:

Now they just need to move TT and JR

do it all

DO IT ALL

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
nobody trade for boston's players anymore. they all depreciate like 200% outside of Massachusetts.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

WE'LL DO IT. WE'LL RUN AWAY FROM HOME AND STAY GONE FOREVER.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/961691684248662016

memphis got ainge'd

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Everyone pretending like the buyouts are going to be some hot market when it's actually going to be Joe Johnson and Marco Bellinelli is pretty funny.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think Tyreke's production is flukey (he's already trending downwards bigtime in several areas, 3 pt shooting being the main thing) and I'm not bothered at all that the Celtics didn't give up something substantial to get him. Not that I would mind him being on the team or anything

I wouldn't have given up anything for Tyreke either. It's just funny that all these FOs that did nothing (for whatever reason) are now telling the ESPN crew to pump up the buyout market, which is going to be headlined by a series of players that couldn't fetch a protected second round pick.

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 8, 2018

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
14 of the 16 current playoff teams did essentially nothing, Cleveland went loving bonkers, and the Pels got Mirotic.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
*memphis FO charting Tyreke's value over time after the deadline*

oh

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/961709940476956672

poo poo. this buyout market. it's so robust.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Oh yeah, this buyout market just got even more robust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

as shameful as it is, Brewer is definitely a rotation player given the Thunder's other options. Like. You can't close games with Jerami Grant.

• Locked thread