Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Kibner posted:

I love the goofy big man. Sadly, the only person whose passes he could reliably catch and finish on were that fucker Eric Gordon's.

There should be some sort of inverse to the hanging of a jersey in the rafters ceremony so New Orleans fans can finally come to peace with their Eric Gordon experience. Maybe bury his jersey under the stadium??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

Lockback posted:

I like Chris Webber to tell stories or make funny observations when things are slow, but you should not expect to get good in-game breakdown from him. He should be a 3rd guy. And Marv is getting old and is also a sexual assaulter from back when that wasn't a big deal.

Marv Albert is clearly neurosyphilitic now, just like Gamelin was, and TNT will follow in France’s footsteps and ignore it until it bites them in the rear end, except maybe literally this time.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

Move over T-Mac’s 13 in 35, I have a new favorite basketball video.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

dokmo posted:

It looks like the Rockets assembled a roster that exists solely to embarrass of Karl Anthony Towns's defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3vnz9IG6NQ

KAT would be playing a lot better if Thibs was allowed to yell at him without fear of getting T’d up.

But for real, I thought he was supposed to be “putting it together” on defense this year. I haven’t watched a lot of Timberwolves games this year, was this game an exception or is he still this terrible on defense?

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

Brolander posted:

i want to rewatch blazers warriors just to hear bill. i fell asleep too soon

Here’s a highlight reel of Bill I saw on reddit this morning:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=g94JDEu-STA

I don’t know if it leaves anything good out, I didn’t watch the game. It definitely brightened my morning up.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

WhyteRyce posted:

I remember some :smug: article about the Mavs 5 or so years ago about how they reloaded instead of rebuilt because Cuban is a genius that zigs when everyone zags and therefore hits on market inefficiencies like Monta Ellis

Even better, here is an article from like 350 days ago where Cuban pats himself on the back for finishing a rebuild in a year.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion
Mark Cuban defenders are possibly the most annoying people in the world, so if it wasn’t for the fact that so many women were victimized and marginalized by the Mavericks organization, I would really enjoy watching them oscillate between “Cuban is the genius architect of a championship winning organization” and “how was Cuban supposed to know literally every woman that came into contact with the CEO was harassed and the Mavs.com best writer assaulted multiple people, he’s just the owner”.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm floored that despite the reports that keep coming out and making Cuban look worse and worse, there are still redditors who beat the "well it's possible he didn't really know" drum

Mavs fans on reddit really, really like Mark Cuban. Someone says something totally innocuous that everyone should agree on like “Mark Cuban is a chode” and like dozens of Mavs fans with some iteration of Mark or Cuban in their username will descend on the comments and talk about how great he is.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

euphronius posted:

I'm pretty sure teams pay for team positive posts on popular sites.

That actually makes perfect sense. My working theory was white supremacists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

2nd Battalion

WhyteRyce posted:

Marcus Thornton is awesome and it perplexes and saddens me that he fell off a cliff

It’s not the “good” Marcus Thornton.

It’s also not the really bad one.

It’s the medium Marcus Thornton, the one who was drafted in 2015 and has been playing in the G-League.

• Locked thread