Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hi everyone. I've noticed that people here seem to be really bad at watching TV, which leads to a lot of pointless arguments and misunderstandings. I wouldn't call myself an expert TV-watcher, but I do like to think I'm something of a 'dab hand'. Here are a few helpful tips for your future TV watching endeavors:

• Look at the TV and also listen to it. Most modern television programs employ both audio and visual information to tell, in technical terms, "a story".
  • Stories are tricky! They have characters, plots, and (sometimes) themes. You may be familiar with stories from: Warhammer. You can understand a story by both watching and listening to the TV. Wow!
  • Sometimes stories don't spell it out for you. I know, I know! You may want to save "prestigious" TV (industry term for second level or higher televised media) for when you have more experience watching your television box.

I hope that helps. If you have any further questions I will not be checking this thread, but you can feel free to email me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Is something wrong

Do you want to talk about it

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I have a question.

So for shows like Game of Thrones, where all of the characters look very similar (scraggly looking white people with accents), do you have any tips and tricks for telling them apart? I always go through a few hours of "okay, who's this person again?" and it's really frustrating because it keeps me from understanding the show.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
this is why I prefer shows with laugh tracks:

I don't have to pay close attention to know what the funny parts are

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Watch all TV at 2x speed. It's much more efficient. Especially these modern "prestige" shows because they're so loving slow.

• Locked thread