Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

I can't think of anything that could possibly create more of a cringey clusterfuck.

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/969300010683850752?s=19

Congratulations, you've reached 2002-tier German reactionary discourse.

Greatest country in the history of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

“Violence. Very bad. Why not an election game? Where you have a crook running against a business entrepreneur and overall good guy. You end up being president and make bigly decisions all day. Believe me. It’ll sell. Believe me. I know. “

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That steel tariff is the biggest story of the year and deserves way more attention than it's getting, my plant is completely dependent on weird alloys that are only available from Germany and we are far from the only ones.

The auto industry is taking a loving headshot if that goes through

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Congratulations, you've reached 2002-tier German reactionary discourse.

Greatest country in the history of the world

Nah we've tried this before we just hadn't ever elected a functioning retard President

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Just make your own steel bing-bong so simple

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Apparently McMaster is leaving too

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/white-house-preparing-mcmaster-exit-early-next-month-n852371

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sounds like a real dereliction of his duty

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Umm what is this bullshit

“A leading candidate to become President Donald Trump’s third national security adviser is the auto industry executive Stephen Biegun, according to the officials.”

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Lmbo we're so hosed.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

M_Gargantua posted:

“A leading candidate to become President Donald Trump’s third national security adviser is the auto industry executive Stephen Biegun, according to the officials.”

He worked for Condi Rice and she recommended him to, and he was ok'd by Mattis. In 2018, that's as good as we're going to get.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

quote:

Biegun, who currently serves as vice president of international governmental affairs for the Ford Motor Company, is no stranger to the White House. He served on the National Security Council staff from 2001 to 2003, including as a senior staffer for then-national security adviser Condoleezza Rice.

Rice introduced Biegun to Mattis, recommending him for a position in the administration, according to a close associate of Rice. After Mattis met with Biegun at a think tank event he was convinced Biegun would be a good fit for the national security adviser role, the associate said.

I mean this person sounds qualified for the position at least which is a significant step above almost everyone with an admin position right now. This admin is trying to get people just a year or two out of law school on the federal bench ffs.

My apologia for dubya: at least his cronies were qualified!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
A candidate with actual job experience is really a step up

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

In Soviet Union Dubya has evolved fond memories of you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

hobbesmaster posted:

I mean this person sounds qualified for the position at least which is a significant step above almost everyone with an admin position right now. This admin is trying to get people just a year or two out of law school on the federal bench ffs.

My apologia for dubya: at least his cronies were qualified!

It’s a good thing that we didn’t make any horrifically terrible foreign policy or national security decisions between 2001-2003. Let him in and give him an extra scoop for his first day, boys!

• Locked thread