Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
CCCBA

Divine messenger that had to deliver a message to their love which caused their fall sounds pretty interesting as a start to me. 1970s because more games should be set in the 1970s. Disco!

Bare minimum because the game sounds super cool but I don't know Jack about the game system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1) The murder of Walter Liggett - ***EDIT: Changed vote for this later*** when searching for events of 1935 found this story about a journalist killed by elements of organized crime in Minneapolis, MN.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Liggett

An excerpt:

quote:

He especially focused on their alleged connections to the North Minneapolis crime family of Isadore Blumenfield. He made accusations of corruption against Minnesota Governor Floyd B. Olson and said that Olson deserved to be impeached and prosecuted.

In response, Blumenfield arranged a meeting with Liggett and allegedly offered him a bribe to stop his exposes. When Liggett refused to accept the money or stop his articles, he was severely beaten by Blumenfield and his associates. Liggett unsuccessfully attempted to press charges.

Soon after, Liggett was arrested and prosecuted on kidnapping and sodomy charges, but was acquitted after evidence of perjury by the alleged victims came to light. Ligget escalated his attacks and began printing a list of reasons for Olson's impeachment on the front page of the Midwest-American.

In response, Blumenfield associate Meyer Schuldberg telephoned Liggett and threatened him with a lawsuit for slander. Ligget responded, "Go ahead if you think I can't prove what I say!" Schuldberg allegedly responded that there were other ways to shut him up.

Soon after, on December 9, 1935. Walter Liggett was murdered by a Thompson submachine gun in a drive by shooting outside his apartment. His wife and children were in a car only inches away and witnessed his death. Weeping and saying that she would never forget his grinning face, Mrs. Liggett picked Blumenfeld out of a police lineup as her husband's killer. Three other witnesses identified Blumenfeld as the shooter, too.

We, as a Psychopomp, were given the output of making sure Liggett died brutally and, seeing him as a just and good man, gained Empathy and refused. Who knows why the God-Machine willed it done? The God-Machine's order was carried out when we refused anyways.

2)D - an Angel

3)B - Integrators - we long to one day rejoin the God-Machine, on our own terms.

4)Yes

5)D - Sgt. Wirth - then BG

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 5, 2018

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Since my idea of our initial mission having involved the murder of Mr. Liggett has gained zero traction, I'll change my vote for number one to Huey Long as that's pretty similar to what I was hoping for anyways. Even if it doesn't feel as epic as the Dust Bowl (and isn't really specific to the Midwest), I was hoping for more of a mission involving societal ills than force of nature destruction and this has the best shot of beating it.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 5, 2018

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

1) A, Patchwork

3) C, middle of daily life

4) BC - guess I like it rough then?

5) Ms. Grapes (as in of Wrath - we found Steinbeck's novel very cathartic; maybe even helped Steinbeck win the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1962 as a result - apparently the award was "heavily criticized", according to that bastion of reliable sources, Wikipedia; so maybe we were the driving force behind it? )

No opinion on #2 or powers.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Plan Cryo, except B for our choice. Let's be selfish and want to take out the threat closest to our home turf.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 10, 2018